Exercise

danish_kacey

Hi there - I'm following a VLCD similar to W8, LL, or CD. (a danish version) I get 6 packets a day for a total of around 600 calories (or a little less).

Given that - what and how much exercise can we do? The last week I've been walking for 20 minutes 3 times a day. I don't want to push it and get sick - but I want to keep the flabby skin away as I'm losing....

What does everyone suggest? Or what are you doing? What can a body tolerate?

Thanks! From a Newbie

I'm managing 3 times a day for 20 minutes or 2 times for 30. Plus I'm going for 3 times of 20 minutes Pilates this week. This seems OK but I'm not sure how much further to push it. I don't want to 'eat'... How much exercise has anyone found they can do on 100% with no extra meals?

Your body will tell you how much you can do. I used to keep up my dance classes (two one hour classes per week) but found I lacked stamina in them, without glycogen stores your body has nothing to draw on for energy.

In the past when I've been on 700 calories a day, i've been hard pushed to finish an hour of treadmill a day. Most of the time I get ill if I push it with so little calories. Be careful.

I was just thinking the same thing today.

When I did go out on my bike the other day - my legs felt really weak and I was worried that the weight I had lost had come from my muscles and not really my fat! Is this just because I am not having a lot of calories and my legs feel heavy due to no energy - or just because I have not been out exercising for a while.....;)

aerobic exercise requires carbs as fuel... when you're on a vlcd, you really don't have enough carbs, your body can't convert fat quickly enough and you will burn lean muscle mass....:( gentle exercise - walking etc is fine and even resistance training is OK...I have a study somewhere that compares vlcd with aerobic exercise against vlcd with resistance training...those who did resistance maintained lean muscle mass... those who did aerobic exercise lost lean muscle mass.

Lean muscle burns more calories than fat - so the aim of the game is to maintain as much lean muscle as you can so that your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) will be as high as possible when you're done.

hope that makes sense...:rolleyes: will look out that study and post a link....

Debz x

Back