Exercise?

Redmel, I know it well! I'm in Crewe :)

For me, the exercising when feeling fat thing is possibly the gymwear being so tight thing (lol!) but might also be the feeling that 'there's no point in doing such a small amount of exercise because I feel so overweight anyway'. There is NO logic there at all!!!! Silly girl I am, sometimes! :copon:
xx

Redmel, I know it well! I'm in Crewe :)

For me, the exercising when feeling fat thing is possibly the gymwear being so tight thing (lol!) but might also be the feeling that 'there's no point in doing such a small amount of exercise because I feel so overweight anyway'. There is NO logic there at all!!!! Silly girl I am, sometimes! :copon:
xx

Ooooh not far really:)

You could always buy some bigger gymwear;):D

Mel x

Fair point mel ... although ... is it just me or is buying a size bigger soooo soul destroying??!!

Maybe just wear my boyfriends tshirts instead ....!!

xx

Yaaaaay! I just did 20mins skipping....
I am actually getting quite good, teehee!, I can do forwards, backwards, crossed arms, sidewards, closed eyes, alternate legs, hopping.....hahaha, I am like a little schoolgirl again:p:eek:

i had to leave it till this time to do it, as it has just been too darn hot today:D

I am on the first day of my second week of SF and am determined to lose that pesky 1.5lb, and hopefully a little more. By losing the 1.5lb it will put me on exactly 12st, which is my major sticking point:confused::cry: I really, really, really want to break that barrier:D

Mel x

Fair point mel ... although ... is it just me or is buying a size bigger soooo soul destroying??!!

Maybe just wear my boyfriends tshirts instead ....!!

xx

Holly - I am still wearing/living in jog bottoms 11wks after giving birth because I am refusing to buy a bigger size:eek:

Mel x

Holly - I am still wearing/living in jog bottoms 11wks after giving birth because I am refusing to buy a bigger size:eek:

Mel x

Amen to that - that was my motto after the babies too!

xx

Until March I was doing quite well with exercise, going to the gym or classes 2-3 times per week, then I had a Uni assignment deadline and it all went out of the window!

I have been jogging today for the first time in ages and am planning on trying to go at least a couple of times per week now ther weather's better. I am also going to look at a 2nd hand bike tomorrow as am hoping to use this for cycling to the station once per week (it's about 2 miles each way) and for nipping to the shops etc as well as for family bike rides as my son's just had one for his birthday and is doing a cycling proficiency course next month.

As well as this, I've started using the stairs instead of the lift at work to burn a few extra calories!:D

Yaaaaay! I just did 20mins skipping....
I am actually getting quite good, teehee!, I can do forwards, backwards, crossed arms, sidewards, closed eyes, alternate legs, hopping.....hahaha, I am like a little schoolgirl again:p:eek:

i had to leave it till this time to do it, as it has just been too darn hot today:D

I am on the first day of my second week of SF and am determined to lose that pesky 1.5lb, and hopefully a little more. By losing the 1.5lb it will put me on exactly 12st, which is my major sticking point:confused::cry: I really, really, really want to break that barrier:D

Mel x

Ooh I know that 12st sticking point all too well! That's where I got to last time and couldn't seem to get past it! Hopefully you'll lose 2lbs this week and crash through it!! I have another 10lbs until I get down to 12st again, gonna break it down this time!

You're doing great on your skipping Mel, I tried it last night but realised I'll have to put in a lot more practise as I'm really not very good at it lol! Think I'll stick to the rowing machine for now, which I'm planning on using every other nigth for the time being.

Tink and Struthie, wow you guys are doing great with the exercise!!! I need to step mine up a bit!

Ooh I know that 12st sticking point all too well! That's where I got to last time and couldn't seem to get past it! Hopefully you'll lose 2lbs this week and crash through it!!

Isn't it so strange that happens? I have a few 'plateau' points that I find really hard to break past. At the moment its the 11 stone mark.. and then its 10 stone 6.

I wonder what it is that causes it, is it something in our bodies or something in our minds? I often see under 11 stone as being a 'safe' point for me, I'm back in the 10s and so 'nearly' at my goal (10 stone). And then for 10'6 I always think 'oh good almost there' and its like I sort of slack off a little bit.

What do you all think?

Well done on all the exercise you've been doing, and mel sounds like you could give the girls in the playground a run for their money! lol

Yes Emma it certainly is frustrating. I think it is a mix of our bodies getting 'used' to the diet and our metabolisms slowing down (if it happens this time I'm going to try calorie cycling, eating a bit more two days of the week) and plus our minds lol! Last time I went from a start weight of just above 15 1/2 stone and got down to 12 stone. Did this on slimfast and a bit of exercise, although this time I'm doing more. Determined thsi time not to give up, although last time I had some extra factors that one made me stop my diet for a while, and then when I was able to carry on my mind just wasn't in the right place.

What you said for your mind just not being in the right place Stirky, isn't it so annoying! Thats what frustrates me the most, and I'll be saying oh i need to lose some weight and get told, 'well go on a diet then' usually by some skinny minnie!! But all I want to do when I feel like that is just hide away in my bedroom eating mountains of chocolate! They just don't understand! Grr!

Pinkemma :giggle: I said to dh, I feel like i'm back in primary school:p
I know what you mean about feeling comfortable and slacking off. I went from 13st 7lb down to 12st and felt do much better, fitter, and could also feel comfortable in my clothes...I think this is when I slacked off a bit. Like Stirky said, it is a lot about frame of mind.

I also get stuck at 12st:confused::mad: I haven't been below it since 9yrs ago!!! I was 20:rolleyes:

If I get stuck this time I will increase/change/alternate my exercise and also calorie cycle....how many calories are you planning on using?

Mel x

Yep! Until you're in the right place mentally and determined to do it, it just doesn't happen. The more people that comment on your weight, the more you run off and eat lots of chocolate, cake and biscuits!!! The only person that you can lose the weight for is yourself, when you get in that right mind set, nobody can stop you and any comments just make you more determined instead of eating!

Hi Mel,

I've never tried calorie cycling before, wish I knew about it last time grr! I will prob try just 200 more for the two days at first, or maybe 300. There is a good calculator that gives you a cycling plan at

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs#

Not going to do it until I need to, maybe if I sts two weeks in a row for no reason (lol if I've been good the whole time!)

Thanks for that link Stirky:)

How did you find the skipping?? It is knackering, isn't it???

Mel x

Yep knackering and VERY hard!! Couldn't get the hang of it too well lol! Kept losing my rhythm!!!

Lol Stirky I thought you meant actually cycling to cancel out calories till I read that article!! lol Thanks very much, very interesting!

I really want to give skipping a go now.. I'm just not motivated enough to go to the gym. And it would be light exercise not to damage my ankle again.. sounds good!

I am planning on getting a rebounder for days like this - P'ing down:rolleyes:

Mel x

Back