Exercises to tone up thighs

Bethany246

Banned
Hi
I am wanting to slim and tone down my thighs and hips and saddlebags on thighs. What exercises will do the trick I was thinking of seat walking and rolling from side to side on hips would this do the reick as im sick of my thighs and hips wanting to tone and reduce fat for summer so I can get into a nice smaller size shorts and have nice toned thighs and hips how long would it take to tone these areas up

Thanks
If anybodys got any other sugestions much appreciated

Also walking is great for toning your bum and thighs.....get a pedometer and join us in the steppers challenge......!

Oh I better give up posting as im repeating myself dont know im doing it

Don't despair Bethany. I'm trying to help. There is no point people repeating themselves...but you do forget and you can't help that, so I'm trying to help by showing you where the threads are so you can find them again :)

That's all. Nothing sinister going on sweetie :) Have a good read and see if you can find something that will help you and your thighs:cool:

Hee hee never mind.....! Just give yourself a shake up and get yourself into gear and you will be well away.
Come on do you want to stay big for ever???????
I have been a bad girl too all week with the kids being home.
I have to decide what is more important being slimmer and healthier or stuffing myself like a pig.

So tomorrow is the day....I start my new hopefully slimmer life......you must be hard on yourself and give yourself the extra push to get into the diet

Hi Sonya
I dont want to be big for ever as im self consious now of myself with been big. Its just getting down to say right thats it ive had enough of been like this and then will hopefuly make you start

It is so true, I would say to myself this chocolate wont hurt too much I can get back on track tomorrow.....but it does hurt and it does set you back......I do know how hard dieting is......dont dwell on it.....put up fat pictures of yourself all round the house especially the kitchen .......and little notes saying why you want to be slim.......I have put up a fat pic and a slimmer me pic......hopefully this will help to kick my ass into gear.

I lost 6st last year and proudly displayed my before/after photo's everywhere. The idea was to make me stop and think before stuffing my face. Unfortunatly other stressed took over and I put 3st back on. I've had to take all my photo's down cos seeing them was just depressing me and sending me comfort eating more. Oh well..... I'll get there eventually... only 9st to lose...........

I lost 6st last year and proudly displayed my before/after photo's everywhere. The idea was to make me stop and think before stuffing my face. Unfortunatly other stressed took over and I put 3st back on. I've had to take all my photo's down cos seeing them was just depressing me and sending me comfort eating more. Oh well..... I'll get there eventually... only 9st to lose...........

Hi Lesley,

Big hugs:hug99:

I lost over six and half stone but somehow deep down I could not appreciate my weight loss and I think I was not ready to leave my fat suit and as such I gained back and like you now can't bear to look at my photos:(

I do think I am more prepared now to be slim and live a slim life as I have changed my expectations and now that I am feeling fat and frumpy again I can see the difference it made to my life being eleven and half stone...it is more clear now what I want.

It can be so depressing at times along the way but also so very rewarding and to get to goal is the prize.

You did well not to regain all of your weight and give yourself a pat on the back for that, all is not lost. You still have three stone off which is excellent.:clap:

Love Mini xxx

Hi Sonya
I dont want to be big for ever as im self consious now of myself with been big. Its just getting down to say right thats it ive had enough of been like this and then will hopefuly make you start

Hi Bethany,

Everyone of us at some time feels like you and so many of us have had hundreds of false starts along the way, just ask how many Monday's there are in a year... and most of us have tried so many diets but I think the one thing we all have in common here is that we did not give up we have kept trying and eventually we found a diet that suits us as I believe this is the key.

When you have a diet you can work with and fits in with your life you do feel it is possible to lose weight and this gives hope.

As for how long that journey will take? it is an unknown as life has a funny way of throwing a spanner in the works just as everything is going well.

Just hang in there and take it one day at a time and I feel it is very important to claim your achievements no matter how small, because for most of us we have been beating ourselves up over the years and getting no where and we need to change this habit as it leads to constant self sabotage.

You can do this, baby steps, baby steps and you will get there...

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini.... I had to take a break from dieting for an operation and was told to stay off the diet for a month before and 3 months after.... amazing how much stuggling and binging can be fitted into a third of a year!!! Now I'm simply trying to learn to be normal... I don't want to be a comfort eating binge eating blobb for the rest of my life... I've been that for 40 years and destroyed one hip joint in the process... I want to enjoy life and eating without the pressures to binge... I want the freedom from compulsions to eat.... I want to preserve the joints that already have OA as they are now, not make them worse. I'm trying to create and normal healthy attitude to food!!!!!! Wish me luck! ;)

Which route are you useing Mini?

Hi Lesley,

This is what I mean about claiming our achievements!

You have been through so much and I think you have done extremely well in not putting it all back on which can happen so easily.

I think we all strive to be free of the cycle of over eating and beating ourselves up and to find better ways of coping with life's crisis as they happen instead of diving head first into the nearest comfort food.

I have just managed to get to six days done on the step 2 790 plan and it seems to be working for me. Weigh day is tomorrow so I will see what the first week is like on it.

I don't see myself doing SSing again as I just keep falling off the wagon. I feel more confident now with this plan.

My energy level is down but I hope it will improve, the Shingles did take it out of me among other things.

The best of luck to you Lesley, I know you will get there in time as you have wonderful determination:)

Love Mini xxx

I'm finding it hard to imagine me doing SS again.... Maybe JUDDDDing would be another option? But before I jump on any diet again I'm trying a mix of Pmk and Beyond chocolate to improve my attitude! I am watching the JUDDDDers intently though ;)

Bethany

Hi have you thought of trying the Inch Loss clinic we have one in Edinburgh and It really does work you choose areas you want to work, then lie back read a magazine or watch the telly and let the machine do the work.:coffee:

It really is fab it is expensive but they have offers on for loyalty customers. It is worth every penny.

Have a look for yourself and let me know what you think.

Take care:bliss::bliss::bliss: xxxxx

Inch Loss Clinics

Back