Exercising on low carb

Phoenyx

Step away from the cake..
I'm posting this here as its the busiest low carb thread, even though I'm not dukaning (yet!) - how did Dukan affect your ability to exercise? I know I'll be knackered going into ketosis, but when should I be able to resume as normal? I want to do 20-30 mins a day at a high-ish intensity (e.g. Shred or jog / run intervals) when might be a good time to resume this, or should I just plough on through and accept performance will be rubbish for a bit?

Thank you kindly for your help

Can't really help as I haven't had any issues from Day One, on Dukan we don't eat fat either so don't get any of that sluggishness. I'm quite lucky that being in ketosis doesn't really have an affect on me and I have been exercising as normal from the start.

Its also part of Dukan that you exercise (go for a walk) for at least 30 minutes a day so we are used to doing that no matter how we feel.

On my second day of Dukan I did a 90 minute Zumba class and actually felt better afterwards than I wouldve done on a normal eating day!

I run 5k most days and did while I was on the diet, I'm now on stabilisation so do eat carbs. When I initially started the diet I stopped running as I didn't think I'd have the energy but missed it so much I started again after 2 weeks. I actually felt more energised without the carbs and found running easier than I do now when I've eaten carbs

I run 5k most days and did while I was on the diet, I'm now on stabilisation so do eat carbs. When I initially started the diet I stopped running as I didn't think I'd have the energy but missed it so much I started again after 2 weeks. I actually felt more energised without the carbs and found running easier than I do now when I've eaten carbs
Thank you so much for such a positive reply :) I am going to just carry on and see what happens!

I've been attacking this week and have done a gym class every night (including spinnng) and haven't had any probs other that needing to really up my water intake to compensate both the exercise & carb withdrawal headaches. To be honest I probably feel like I have a lot more energy that usual :)

Glad to see these replies!

I am going to take it easy on attack, just a 20 minute dvd each day, i don't want to burn the candle at both ends so to speak.

Hopefully i can work up to my usual hour of exercise once i am out of attack.

i do zumba and running with the wii and walk 11/2 most days and don't have any problem

Back