Expecting Too Much?

Michaelro

Hi All, Apologies for the long first post.

Before I started Dukan I had cut down on portion sizes, take-aways and things I knew were making me fat and introduced running every couple of days.

Lost 11lbs in 3 weeks.

Started this last Wednesday and upto Mondday I had lost 9lbs.

Since Monday I have introduced some Veg having Roasted Peppers with Tomatoes and some mushrooms.

For example my day yesterday was:

BF - Porridge (2 OatBran, 1 WheatBran, Splash milk + teaspoon sweetner)
L - Ham & Chicken, Prawns & FF Yoghurt
T - FF Yoghurt
D - Venison Burger + Roasted Pepper + Tomato
Snack - FF Yoghurt
Drank 2/3 litres of water + 1 coffee

I had a long walk pushing a double buggy just after dinner and a 3 & 1/2 mile run later in the evening.

Not even lost an ounce in past 2 days :(

your weight will come off with Dukan, just look at it over a week... dont worry and dont be put off... you'll get over this blip and then find you lose a nice chunk

stick with it - and post back next week with your losses!!

hi Michaelro - and welcome

Would you mind updating your User CP please (check out our FAQs). It's impossible to advise on specific cases without certain info about you.

You say you lost 9lbs in your first 6 days on Dukan - well done you! that's pretty good going (isn't it?). Now, two days later, no further loss.

Can I ask whether you "need" the wheatbran (ie transit issues?). Just a query. Which FF yoghurts are you eating? I counted three... three x 200g? You mention a coffee. (Not a Starbucks bucket of skinny latte by any chance?)

Without more info it's impossible to advise. 9 pounds in as many days is excellent though! Many factors can cause weight to slow quite aside from our body adjusting to the already great loss. Our cycle, for instance... (have a think!). Transit issues. Too salty food (are you cooking your own stuff? how much ham are you eating? leanest of lean?)

Hi Michaelro
Welcome to the forum - stick at it. I prefer to weigh myself once a week there is nothing worse than getting on those scales and not seeing a loss. Post on here - 'Maintainer is fantastic' with advice for everyone on this forum she certainly is a dukan expert as are a few others. The forum for me has been invaluable!

Would you mind updating your User CP please (check out our FAQs). It's impossible to advise on specific cases without certain info about you.
Done

You say you lost 9lbs in your first 6 days on Dukan - well done you! that's pretty good going (isn't it?). Now, two days later, no further loss.
Was happy, but considering what I used to eat was hoping for regular weight loss.

Can I ask whether you "need" the wheatbran (ie transit issues?). Just a query. Which FF yoghurts are you eating? I counted three... three x 200g? You mention a coffee. (Not a Starbucks bucket of skinny latte by any chance?)

Was having the wheatbran as I'm not going at all - Used to 1/2 times per day now 2 times in a week & half :eek:

FF yoghurst were Mullers but now noticed they are not allowed so swapped to WW.
Ham is lean and coffee is normal plus sweetner & skimmed milk.

Only had that many yoghurts as I had a long run.

If I'm honest I'm getting quite down as I've put on a pound and a half after having a bag of crisps :(

Before I started I was losing weight but still eating things I wanted, just in smaller portions.

Now I'm consuming half the calories and nothing is happening and I hate to think what will happen if I stop as I'm struggling with what I'm eating as it is.
:cry:

Update.

It seems I had forgotten I hadn't had a PP day in a few days.

After 4 PV I went back to PP and now after 3 days of that I have lost another 3.5 pounds (5 including the 1.5 I put on)

Feeling much better now and nearly up to 1 stone lost in 2 weeks :cool:

Hi, I'm no expert, but the crisps which you had, as you are now on the Dukan diet low to zero salt.............the 1 packet of crisps are obviously loaded with salt & fat, which is wonderful at retaining water!!! Don't beat yourself up, just take a deap breath, what happened before is in the past now, just concentrate on the positives & a newer fitter/healthier smaller you!!

Alternating PP and PV is the best rhythm to preventing boredom setting in, and to keep us regular.

Good luck!

Back