Experiences with the new new play

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hi all, I hope you don't mind me dropping a post on your board?

I'm currently doing SW as I'm pregnant and doing really well keeping my weight gain reasonable, however I'm not sure SW will be right for me losing weight after baby.

I'm an ex WW (old points) and wondered what is the new plan like to follow? Is it much different and does it offer a better approach? I know WW on the TV show that its a better plan but id like to know if those doing it find it better?

Sorry of this type of post has already been covered

Many thanks x

Hi. I prefer propoints. In addition to your daily points you get a weekly allowance so you can have some treats say at the weekend without having to save up points and deprive yourself. I also use some weeklies to top up my dailies. I have enough points to point everything I want to eat so I stay in control.

Hi all, I hope you don't mind me dropping a post on your board?

I'm currently doing SW as I'm pregnant and doing really well keeping my weight gain reasonable, however I'm not sure SW will be right for me losing weight after baby.

I'm an ex WW (old points) and wondered what is the new plan like to follow? Is it much different and does it offer a better approach? I know WW on the TV show that its a better plan but id like to know if those doing it find it better?

Sorry of this type of post has already been covered

Many thanks x

Hi there :)

I'm finding I get similar amounts if not more on the new system. It encourages us to be a bit more healthy. They've weighted carbs a bit more so bread is "expensive" now.

I found eating out and going out for a drink a problem on SW. Now on PP I find that if I want a drink when I go out I can use some of my weekly points. I also prepare myself some food and leave it in the fridge so that I know when I come in there is something waiting for me, saves me from going to the takeaway on the way home. If I am not going out one weekend I make a curry bolognese lasagne or some thing like that and we have a "takeaway night". I couldnt do that on SW. Good luck with the pregnancy and whichever plan you choose afterwards. xx

Hiya thank you, I do like the idea of weekly points and fruit being free now. Think once bubba is born, I'll go along to the class, get the literature and see how I go.

I do love SW and I've only gained 7.5lbs with the plan but still like WW too.

Thanks again x

Sorry predicative text came out with play instead of plan

hahahaha gotta love that pesky bit of technology!!!

well done with keeping the gain in check. I tried dieting when preg with my son. Was fine till i craved everything wrong heh.

I love WW flexibility. Simple but it fits about my life perfectly.

Meal planning is the best way to go but if its all hectic then I can pop a micro dinner in which is pointed for me and get on with it.

I've never done SW but I get the idea what its all about. Might be worth a think about how life with a new baby can get hectic and can the diet cope? What would be easier and work for you?

iphone/pod/pad and android have an app so you can work out points on the go with the calculator built in, the iphone one has more features where you can track on the go too.

Thanks GLL.

I lost 3.5stone after my first baby with WW. Luckily I don't have to lose that much this time (phew lol).

As said I've enjoyed SW, Id like to come back to WW but the idea of going back to counting and weighing puts me off.

Like you say, once baby arrives I'll have to see which is easier to follow with my new life style.

Thanks again

Back