Experiment Red Vs Green

becciharland

Well i have always in the pass stuck on Green days........ and the 1st 2 weeks back on SW i was doing only Green days and my weight loss was 2-3lb p.w. Now i have been doing Red days only, i feel better on them and not getting hungry at all (just 3 square meals a day, no snacking etc....... The 1st week of Reds i lost 4lb and i have my next weigh in on Saturday and cant wait to see what i have lost.......

If i have another higher loss, does it mean Red days work better for me?? or is it just a fluke?? Who knows......... Does anyone think this or has tried this method??

Scientist Becci :) lol

Only one way to find out!
Personally I can't afford red days every day.... price of meat and fish and all that!

Like Jaylou, I can't afford to do more than a couple of red days a week so I do mostly green days. EE I found I didn't lose at all :confused:

I am a very slow loser so I don't really notice any difference whether I do more green or more red (I have tried both ways) - I just plod along and am lucky to lose 4lbs a MONTH, much less a week despite sticking 100% to plan - just how it goes for some I understand............ :(

You can only "suck it and see" - if it works well for you and it doesn't stretch your budget too far, then go for it...... the beauty of SW is that it is very flexible and you can follow whatever suits you, your body and your lifestyle the best :)

I have noticed the difference in my pocket......... :(

But because we are not picking through the day and have planned meals and lunches i find i can write a shopping list and stick to the list.

Also we have a market on a Saturday and Sunday , there is a meat man there for i buy £20 of chicken breasts and you get about 24/26 breasts.... there quite big too....... Also a massive pack of bacon in Devon from my friends butchers is £10 so i stock up when i go down and freeze it all. :)

Just need to find EL mince (fresh) cheap from somewhere now lol

The very 1st time I did SW I found that I lost loads of weight on red so mainly stuck to that. But that was in the days when you could have meatballs and other tinned products so wasnt expensive. Plus I was living with my parents so I didnt have to think about the cost. I managed to lose 7 stone that way and always found if I did green I would lose very little.
Fast forward 17 years and now I do mainly green as I am now a married mother and need to keep the cost down. I am losing weight though and feel much fuller for less money.
I do roughly 2 red days a week.
I find I lose weight very slowly on EE though.
xxx

I am also a red girl, perhaps 5 a week, and a couple of green. Just could not get on with ee, not keen on veg and hate salad, but thats just me. Everyone else in my group is doing ee and doing very well on it. A loss of 2st 4lbs on mainly red does for me and have been at target now for 2 months s w rocks

im a mixture like most people i cant afford red days all the time, but i make sure i do at least 2 a week as i think it speeds my losses up, xx

I have noticed the difference in my pocket......... :(

But because we are not picking through the day and have planned meals and lunches i find i can write a shopping list and stick to the list.

Also we have a market on a Saturday and Sunday , there is a meat man there for i buy £20 of chicken breasts and you get about 24/26 breasts.... there quite big too....... Also a massive pack of bacon in Devon from my friends butchers is £10 so i stock up when i go down and freeze it all. :)

Just need to find EL mince (fresh) cheap from somewhere now lol

I think a lot of people forget quorn and other meat free options are still free on red days which can work out a bit more economical.

I got extra lean mince in tescos the other day on offer two for six pounds- -i couldve cried!! Im now forcing the oh into eating quorn chillies!!

EL Mince........ There has got to be somewhere in the world we could get it cheaper from for a bulk load lol...... I can hear the lorry's reversing beeps now and half a Extra Lean Cow getting out lol. Whould mincing your own meat work?? Turkey mince is cheap

becciharland said:
EL Mince........ There has got to be somewhere in the world we could get it cheaper from for a bulk load lol...... I can hear the lorry's reversing beeps now and half a Extra Lean Cow getting out lol. Whould mincing your own meat work?? Turkey mince is cheap

Turkey mince is synned!

Sent from my iPad

You've had some great losses Becci, what days have you been following mostly?

Claire,

for the 1st 3/4 weeks i did Green because thats what i knew and loved.......(2 WI's at class when rejoined) Now this is my 2nd week of Red...... Plus sides...... The oh isnt moaning about what im feeding him :) But i only thing i have a small issue with is the Toilet and No 2's lol Other than that its great and no matter where i go i can have something to eat off the menu (everyone does Veg/Meat/Salad) Harvester i just have the meat no Potatoes or sauces and have skin removed if chicken and i help myself to a massive bowls of salad (no mayos etc) :)

But its what works best for you, as we were saying earlier, it can be pricey but if you plan etc i find i get a lot less waste :)
Hope this helps?!!?
xx

Thanks Becci, i've just started SW on Monday and have done alternate days so far. I feel as tho i've done nothing but eat today. I had poached eggs on toast this morning, then i had a pasta n sauce for lunch. Had another pasta n sauce for dinner (going away for weekend so emptied fridge lol) and just had a baked potato on its own. Also had 2 plums and some mango, and i'm STILL thinking about food arghhhh. Maybe i should try to do more red days but i really enjoy the green lol x

I little tip i find of help when you keep thinking about food etc Turn the computer of and go for a walk or make yourself do something i find that helps...... Also iused to find myself on here all the time and that made me hungry because of seeing others talking about food...... Stick with which ever one you find easy to start with, give yourself a few weeks to settle in........and try not to get disheartened :) xx

Back