Extra Easy: Actifry

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
I been wanting one of these for ages - anyone know if theyre as good as they say and if good for SW meals. I eat a fair amount of roasted veg, sweet potatoes etc so was thinking could 'fry' them instead aswell as guving SW chips etc a try! If so, can u use frylite in them instead of oil

Thnx for reading

Ps. Im hoping this is the excuse i need to get one :)

Get it!!

I seriously could NOT do without mine. We have had one for 4 years now and it gets used every night. It makes amazing chips using a tablespoon of EVOO (hexb) and you can flavour them using herbs and spices (asda now do a purpose made spicy tomato powder!! Yummy). We also use it to cook sausages etc.

I does loads of other stuff too and comes with a recipe booklet but for us its chips/roast pots/ wedges all the way.

Piece of advice though. Pay for the extended warranty. The arms inside sometimes snap if you put in a little too much potato and can be a costly mistake. We paid for the 'whatever happens' cover and it was WELL worth it.

Get one, you won't regret it.

Oh and don't use frylight. You can but tbh you would use so much it wouldn't really be free any more. Use EVOO and hex it or syn it in. Plus a whole tbsp does a whole batch so you wouldn't eat all of that so really its half the syn value anyhoo. ;-)

Last edited:
Oooh thank u - just what i wanted to hear! Yaaay!

Ps. Would u believe i actually googled Evoo to see what it what DOH!

Pps. On second thoughts; On that subject, 5 or 6 syns regularly for the oil seems a lot - not sure if i can justify that for most day usage; especially if no syns if oven-baking instead! Oh dear, im all a dither now :-(

Pps. On second thoughts; On that subject, 5 or 6 syns regularly for the oil seems a lot - not sure if i can justify that for most day usage; especially if no syns if oven-baking instead! Oh dear, im all a dither now :-(

Saying that, like u say - that wud be for whole batch so proportionately it neednt be too much syns. But then also saying that; if i was just doing for me then wud i use proportionately less oil or is it one size fits all kind of thing? Showing my ignorance here lol :-/

I use fry light in my actifry - frankly, the actifry makes it easier for me to make myself eat vegetables as I don't have to stand over them cooking, so I am willing to ignore the slightly extra fry light I use. I don't use much at all. I spray them once, set it going for ten seconds or so, and then spray them again, then let them cook. I did experiment with oil before I came back to SW and you can easily use half a spoonful and get pretty much the same results as the full spoonful.

I use fry light in my actifry - frankly, the actifry makes it easier for me to make myself eat vegetables as I don't have to stand over them cooking, so I am willing to ignore the slightly extra fry light I use. I don't use much at all. I spray them once, set it going for ten seconds or so, and then spray them again, then let them cook. I did experiment with oil before I came back to SW and you can easily use half a spoonful and get pretty much the same results as the full spoonful.

Yay!! Jobs a good 'un. Off to order online :)

Experiment with both and see what works for you :). Also don't use the green spoon that comes with it, use your own and you are literally synning about a teaspoon of oil.

Also a couple of things the books doesn't tell you....

Not all potatoes are created equal, use Maris piper if you want crispy chips. Anything else will either break up or be soggy

Cut them small or leave them an extra 10 mins to cook so they are crispy

They tell you to rinse potatoes well and drain on paper or a kitchen towel. Don't bother. Rinse well, yes but then chuck then in and put them on for 5 mins on timer with no oil or salt. After 5 mins open and hey presto, bone dry and ready for oil and salt/spices. This also helps them dehydrate so again = crispy chips.

Yummy. Makes me hungry for egg and chips :)

Back