Extra Easy: Dear Diary...

Hi everyone, Nice to meet you all x

I started SW on Monday but haven't attended a meeting yet, I'm just working out of books I bought off EBay.

I'm 38 in about 7 weeks and do not want to always be fat, thinking about being fat, wishing I wasn't fat, I would have loads more time on my hands.

On Monday I weighed in at 20st 6lbs :( I'm 5ft 6in and a size 24.

I would really appreciate someone answering a few questions if you can, just to make sure I'm getting it right, it seems too easy!

As I understand it I can have 15 Syn's a day due to my starting weight?
'Treat's' are estimated at 1 Syn per 20 calories?
I don't have to think about portion sizes (within reason)
All the free foods available to me are printed in the book?

Diary so far...

Today
Breakfast

2 small slices of wholemeal bread - HEB
1/2 tin of beans
Lunch
Pasta
Asda stir in tomato and olive sauce - 1 Syn
Dinner
Pasta
1 table spoon pesto - 2.5 Syn's
30g chorizo - 3 Syn's
Snacks
16 crab sticks!
2 apples
Handful of grapes
150ml whole milk - HEA

What do we think? I will get more adventurous.

Marie x

The first thing I notice is a complete absence of any vegetables, and a very small amount of fruit. You should be aiming for one third of superfree - that is, vegetables or fruit - with each meal if you can.

Hey there and well done on starting your SW journey! :)

All your thoughts on SW are right, and there are two more things to remember... 1) eat to your appetite (so even though there are lots of "free" foods, only eat these until you are satisfied, not until you feel like popping!) and 2) 1/3 superfree with every meal where possible (i.e. 1/3 of your plate filled with fruit or superfree veg, which is most veg excluding potatoes, beans, peas, pulses, sweetcorn, and some of the root veg). This helps you to naturally limit your calorie intake by you filling up with all these extra low calorie density foods, so you haven't got as much room for the richer foods :)

So in response to your question about whether your food for the day looks ok, everything you're eating is fine, but what you could improve is adding the 1/3 superfree to each of your meals. E.g. for breakfast you could add a few grilled tomatoes with your beans on toast, for lunch perhaps stir some fresh veg into the pasta n sauce to bulk it out, and for dinner you could serve with salad. It's not an absolute neccessity, but sticking to the 1/3 superfree rule as often as possible will help you to get better losses.

If you have any other questions just shout! Although you can find loads of meal ideas on here I can't recommend the SW recipe books and magazines enough for meal ideas - they usually have the 1/3 superfree built in too so you don't have to think about it :)

All the best, Nicola x

My reply was going to be much longer, but something went wrong, and when I got back to this page I found that MissNix had said it all, and much better than I could.

So - what she said!!

And good luck.

My reply was going to be much longer, but something went wrong, and when I got back to this page I found that MissNix had said it all, and much better than I could.

So - what she said!!

And good luck.

Aw sorry, didn't mean to steal your thunder! Think we must have both been typing replies at the same time x

Thank you both. I feel the lack of veg today! I had a lot more Monday and Tuesday but I started on a whim last Monday, I bought the books last month :eek:.
I do a fruit and veg shop on a Friday so I will get it sorted then, our family meals have been a bit discombobulated since I started. I'm looking out for recipes I know they will all eat and just getting my head round it all, it's all in the planning I suppose, I cook from scratch most nights, pizza, pasta, shepherds pie, curries I just need to learn to adjust.

Glad I started though, it feels exciting, like I could actually adjust to it rather than sticking with it x

Haven't kept up diary like I should really so today so far -

Breakfast
1 asda pitta - HE
1 slice of ham
1 tomato

Lunch
Asda curry noodles - 2 syns I think?
Apple
Banana
Orange

Snack
16 crabsticks :-/

150ml milk - HE

Dinner
TBC

Hi Marie!

Looks like you've got off to a great start so far - well done. I know I found it all a little difficult to get my head round at first, but once you've got it, the whole thing becomes an absolute breeze :)

As a beginner, I think that you're doing the best thing by doing EE :) This plans makes you much more concious about the amount of fruit and vegetables that you are eating with your meals. This is something I have noticed over the past week, as it has been my first week doing EE, as in the past I have only stuck to green and red days, and in all honesty have been anti-vegetables for a hefty number of years (oops!).

Subscribing to your diary and I look forward to reading about your progress :)

Good luck!

Helen xx

Thanks Helen!

Had a bit of a wobble today

Breakfast - 2 nimble, marmite, banana

Lunch - 2 nimble, turkey, 20g of 75% lower fat asda cream cheese, apple.

Blowout - 1 chocolate and raisin geo bar, 2 tomatoes, 6 crabsticks, slice of turkey

Dinner will be - smash pizza? (Mental!) with what's left of the turkey :-/ mushrooms, onions, pepper, sweetcorn, tomatoes

It's my first blowout in two weeks and I'm not too upset as usually it would be half a loaf and 100g of lurpak!! It's more the way I ate them, with an urgency, I even had to but the geo bar, it wasn't even just sitting about, I think I had let myself get over hungry, or maybe I wasn't hungry at all but either way I need to keep an eye on myself for the rest of today.

Weigh in tomorrow, weigh in tomorrow, will just keep saying it :) xxx

So only lost a pound this week, must admit I'm confused, I have consumed half the calories I usually do in a week but I still think its user error, I must have went wrong somewhere, will just keep on keeping on and I know I will win.

Breakfast -
2 nimble
20g 75% reduced fat soft cheese SYNS?
Cucumber
175ml whole milk in coffee after coffee HEA

Lunch -
Low fat super noodles (I'm told free?)
Banana
Apple

Dinner -
Pasta
Pesto SYNS 2
Chorizo SYNS 3
Salad

What do we think? I'm I missing something? Just I'm 20st so realistically should have lost last week. X

Hi I haven't been sticking to my diary but I am sticking to plan and feel I should make an effort to get it written down so

4 Coffees with whole milk - HEA

Breakfast
2 nimble - HEB
1 banana
Marmite

Lunch
Low fat super noodles
Apple
Grapes

Dinner
Pasta
Tablespoon of Pesto (again!) - 2 syns
30g Chorizo - 4 syns
30g low fat cheese 4 syns

Snacks
Orange
Apple

Please let me know what you think, I'm on week 4 and have only lost 9lbs which I know is a lot but I started at 20st 6lbs so feel like I should have had a couple of cracking weeks before slowing down?

Wk1 - 5lbs
Wk2 - 1lb
Wk3 - 3lbs

Xxx

I don't think you are eating enough! It might sou d silly but it's true. When I started at 19 stone I was eating way more than you- bigger animals need more energy. Do you feel hungry?

And congratulations on your losses so far. You're doing really well and should be proud of yourself x x

Do you think I should be eating more super free or just food in general? Mostly I'm not hungry, but I get hungry when a meals due, a 1st for me! I also ate 12 crab sticks last night but I'm honestly not sure if I was hungry when I ate them. I like to save some syns for Friday and Saturday, we are a very predictable family, Friday is curry with rice, samosa, pompadoms and pickles and Saturday is homemade pizza, I tried the mash potato base but decided I would rather have a very very thin crust real one. What changes if any would you make to today? Thanks in advance xxx

Today
Breakfast
2 nimble - HEB
1/2 tin beans
Banana

Lunch
Low fat super noodles
Orange
Apple

Dinner
Jacket potato
1/2 tin beans
25g low fat cheese - 4 syns
Home made coleslaw made with 2 tablespoons light mayo - 4 syns

I would have had eggs with the breakfast and eaten all the beans (ss) and a tin of mackerel with my noodles... I would also have lots more fruit and veg.

Your dinner seems tiny to me! I would be unhappy if you gave it to me now, let alone when I was heavier...

But if you are not hungry and are not struggling to stop picking in compensation then you must be doing it right! Your losses are brilliant , very respectable and prove that you understand the plan.

When is your weigh day? I'm excited for you! !

Well then, last week, going very well then... Went to visit my brother at the caravan, left at 8.30pm with the kids screaming for pizza! Decided to get them takeaway and me have an omelette once home. Husband banging on about kebabs and before I knew it fat brain kicked in and I ordered a large one!!!! Because I'm weak willed and the small was only 50p less???? Result at wi - STS. But that's not the end of it, I'm struggling now, there had been a shift in my brain, I'm on plan 99% but then I just loose it, 1/2 tuna sandwich out the kids lunch box, after school, I'm not yet resorting to stealing their lunch! And a bread stick ok two dipped in peanut butter! Ends here!!! I feel good, clothes are starting to feel loose, so I'm lifting my chins up and carrying on, this is me drawing a line

Hey there, sorry I haven't bobbed in for a while! Don't beat yourself up over the wobble, happens to all of us - you're doing the right thing drawing a line in the sand and making today a new day :) You can do this xx

Back