Extra Easy: From Flabby to Abi

We seem to be surrounded by them! Its like a delicious delicious infestation haha. I love the cajun burgers, fish and chips, bacon steaks and calzone pizza. I thought the burger would be the least syn-ful option (leaving the batter off the fish just wouldnt be a choice haha) Resisted getting starter or dessert too so Im not too bummed out about it (probably will be come friday!)

I think the op is being rescheduled for early feb so not too long a wait thankfully. At least we found out before we set off or got there too, would be a pain to have made the trip for no reason. He was so happy he got to go to nursery today bless him. It means I get to go to my normal friday morning group to WI too which Im glad about. I felt so guilty as its been so busy and there wasnt anyone who could replace me to help with the weighing/certificates (honestly it took 45 minutes to get everyone through last week, it was insane!)

Today has been a so-so day (both SW and in general)

B- porridge (hexb) made with water and vanilla extract for added omnom, grapes, banana x2
L- small bowl of pasta with chopped toms and cheese hexa (it was from the kids menu so free from nasty things but Daisy fell asleep so I ate most of it)
D- is going to be roasted peppers, tomatoes and beetroot with chicken and spinach. Nothing too fancy or high in syns.
Syns- a couple of chips with curry sauce and a little bit of carrot cake (I couldnt resist it was no more than 1/3 of the slice, I was fighting a pregnant friend for it haha)

No gym again today but I did run around the soft play for best part of 2 hours with 2 kids under 2. DEFINITELY some body magic there! Then for a stroll into town and around the shops. I was really proud of D in the soft play, that girl is absolutely fearless!

Got a really bad head and feeling rotten now, not sure if its because I had a cup of coffee or if because I haven't eaten enough lunch? I suppose it was less than I usually eat but I didnt feel hungry.

.x.x.x.

Added a couple of spoonfuls of couscous to tea as I was so hungry and now all I can think about is stuffing myself with crisps and chocolate.

Such a fatty at heart :cry:

Is that because you're feeling unwell do you think? I know it's a trigger to overeat for me. X

Honestly I think its because Im in a bit off a huff.

I hate having plans changed, don't get me wrong I'm not mad at the hospital, I totally understand they had a more urgent case in. I just had the rest of my week set out in my head food wise and now thats all changed and I dont have any shopping or really any time to do shopping. There's also quite a lot of negativity going on at the minute and other peoples drama that I keep getting roped in to.

Also its because I know its there. I can be such a child. An emotional eating child.

Had quite a good nights sleep woohoo!

Going out shopping this morning with Charlie and my mum for some new pants for little legs and then having an afternoon of tidying (and putting about 4 loads of clean washing away!) before my friend from Ireland moves in tomorrow! EEK! Think its going to be an... interesting few weeks until he gets himself sorted and settled into his own place so expect lots of stress and whingeing from me until hes gone haha. I love him, but hes one of those people you love in small doses haha, but he's godfather to the kids and I think its so sweet hes moving here to be closer to them.

Anyway! will be a little lighter with food today as WI tomorrow.
B- yogurt, banana and grapes (with tiny asses) and an alpen light crumbled on top (1/2 hexb)
L- Possibly having lunch out but will stick to somthing light soup or salad.
D- probably more chicken, veg and cous cous.

Not sure where my hexa will be, possibly with lunch or if not Ill scoff some cheese triangles or have a latte.

Hope everyone has a thoroughly thrilling thursday! .x.

:wave: my new bed is coming at 1pm :bliss: x

WOOHOO! I am SO effing jealous! I need to pull my finger out and get shopping for one. Im so picky (and cheap) though haha.

Hehe well waking up with a locked back every day and having to get hubby to sit me up was a pretty good incentive lol!
it wasn't cheap by any means but I got 0% and it comes with a ten year guarantee xx

Wow thats a good deal! OO think you may have given me a boot up the bum :) I want comfort!

I went to Dreams and they take the first payment the month after it's delivered, but if you wanted to not start paying that early, then i did note that DFS had a 0% that you didn't pay anything for 6 or 12 months, they just didn't have the bed i wanted ;)

On a side note, have you ever tested the "eat as much as you like" theory with SW hun? What does that look like? How much actual food i mean? Did you have a better/worse loss/gain?
I've been starving on CC and arguing in the brain with myself, not that that does a lot of good lmao :p xx

OO both interesting choices! I think part of the hassle for me is testing mattresses too. I hate testing things, there's too much choice! Its too sensible and grown up for me haha

I CONSTANTLY test eating as much as you like! I like big portions (oo-er ;)) I can't be doing with being hungry, that's when it would all go wrong for me and I would start picking so its better that I have a large meal of SW food in the right ratio. Then I snack as much as I like too (I always try to snack sf before f) I also have all of the coffee/tea etc that I want too.

It can be a lot of food if you want it to be, like when that poo-prodder lady used to shock fat people by laying everything they ate out on a table. The fact is yes it might fill a lot of tables but it would all be healthy! Especially if Im doing something I know I can't get enough of (chicken, roast veg, rice and SW chips/roasties) I always make more than I know a portion probably is because I love it and I want it so I blummin well have it! I would also up the veg to keep ratios right though.

I definitely find that if I dont eat enough I dont lose weight. I always try and force myself to eat on days if I maybe dont feel so well or if Im just not hungry. I know then the argument is you shouldnt eat if youre not hungry but I know that if Im not hungry between kind of 4-8pm I will be STARVING at like 2am and eating a scabby horse (ok maybe just chocolate) at like 6-8am when Im making the kids breakfast as Im so over-hungry.

Im juat rambling now, maybe giving up the morning coffee wasnt a good idea haha

Haha rambling is good, and lmao at poo-prodder lady :p

Testing mattresses i wasn't keep on, but to be fair the guy actually asked what we had now, what we wanted from it, etc and then he only showed us 4 mattresses which greatly narrowed down the choice, Like for us for example i have a bad back and hubby has a bad shoulder and hip, so we needed something that was firm enough to support but also soft enough to not cause locking up. He showed us a couple of orthopedic ones and they were just too hard, and then a memory foam one, and i could really tell the difference between the two, then the magic one, and everything else seemed to fall away and it was like "yup, this one" and as a contrast as i had been told memory foam type ones would be best for me, he took us to a proper Tempur mattress, my god it was sooo uncomfy! No support at all, was really shocked! If you are going with someone, then he said the trick is you lie on your back and raise your arm above your head, and you shouldn't be able to slide your hand between the mattress and your lower back (you can't do it yourself, so either the store person or whoever you are with)

Oh that's good to know, what would be an average day on eating lots hun? Like 2 roast potatoes or 10, 1 pork chop or 4 lol (i realise they are extremes, just trying to visualise lol x

Ah thank you for the tips :) Im glad they can narrow it down for you otherwise I would be there all day! Anything they can sell with magic in the name is always a bonus haha.

An average day of eating loads for me would be
B- 2 sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms and eggs. (ketchup 1-2 syns)
L- 2 slices WM bread with chicken, bacon, mayo and curry powder (to make a coronation chicken sandwich- around 2 syns) SW coleslaw (fat free fromage frais mixed with a ready shredded bag of slaw mix) served on salad leaves. Maybe even some crisps on the side (up to 5 syns)
D- Chilli and rice - extra lean mince cooked with onions, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, celery, peppers, carrot, spinach and any other veggies I have that can be thrown in. I add a stock cube and occassionally it will also need a little bit of gravy granules to thicken (possible syns there) I also add a little dark chocolate but the syn value is tiny for how much I put in to how many portions it makes. Served with rice and topped with my hexa of cheese.

To drink I will have cordial, sparkling water, herbal tea and probably a hot chocolate (2syns)

If im hungry between I will snack on fruit, maybe a yogurt and I still have syns to play with :)

Oh your day sounds so yummy!! I might have to just entirely steal your plan for tomorrow!

X

haha I will say I dont eat that everyday, mostly because I dont think the kids would let me stay in the kitchen that long haha.

a more standard day for me is

B- weetabix with banana and berries (sounds pants but its actually really yummy and super duper filling, If I feel like I dont want something so heavy I will switch weetabix for a yogurt and crumble an alpen light over the top like granola and snack on another one later)
L- tuna salad with loads of extra yummies like cucumber, cherry toms, beetroot, pickled onions, maybe some egg, couscous or pasta if I have it made. cheese too if Im not using it in my evening meal.
D- a 'proper meal' either something like chilli, sunday dinner, lasagne, pasta bake, jambalaya, curry or fish and chips with veg.

And there the only syns I have used are milk in my cereal if I want cheese (otherwise milk will be my hexa split between breakfast and coffee) So I know I could have an alpen light, bag of crisps, hot chocolate- anything with my left over syns. My snacks would still be opting for fruit first, then free food like ham and chicken and THEN Ill go for the syns if I really think I want them.

You're so sensible, how do you do it?. Mummy Abi to the rescue!

My brain goes "We could have some fruit...or we could have 10 pringles...PRINGLLLESSS!" I automatically want Syns first *slaps own wrist*

haha, I am so NOT sensible! I think my food and weight is the only thing I really have control over and it really means a lot to me. I have chunky photos of me dotted around so I know what will happen if I answer the call of the crisps and kitkats haha. I think it helps that SW food is so tasty and you dont have to feel like you're missing out. I like to cook too so it doesnt feel like a chore (unless I have kid troubles) On days I cant be bothered I have extra portions of SW meals in the freezer as my very own ready meals.

Todays food
B- Mullerlight banana x2 and grapes
L- 3 slider burgers (1 spiced chicken, 1 pork and stuffing, 1 classic with bacon fat removed) 2 came on tiny wm rolls so I counted them as hexb, I left the white roll. served with side salad and chips which I had a couple of but were really just for CharlieBear.
D- salad leaves, roasted veggies, chicken and a spoonful of couscous.

Used my hexa in a large latte. drank lots of water and juice and could totally count all the tidying as body magic Ive been up and down the stairs SO often. Even built Daisys new bed (which shes sleeping in now- cant believe shes growing so fast :cry:)

WI in the morning then off for some shopping and Charlie to nursery. Supper will very likely be carry out tomorrow but at least I am already anticipating that and can fix my day around it. Just think everyone will be out of whack and tired from my friend moving in so, take out to relax with would be nice.

Back