Extra Easy: Luxury Fish Pie

Hi y'all

Made this last night and was scrummy...

Serves 4

Ingredients:
- 2 salmon fillets (bones, skin & dark meat removed), cut into small chunks
- 2 smoked haddock fillets (bones, skin & dark meat removed), cut into small chunks
- 200g / small tub cooked king / tiger prawns, skin removed
- 5 laughing cow light triangles (1 HEa)
- 10g cornflour (2 syns)
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 stick celery, finely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- potatoes
- 1 large tbsp fromage frais
- water
- salt & pepper

Directions:
Cook haddock and salmon in microwave (approx 2 mins on 700watt)

Place haddock, salmon and prawns on bottom of oven dish.

Make sauce by adding laughing cow triangles to saucepan of boiling water (approx 250ml). When cheese has disolved, add celery, carrot, onion, parley into pan and stir. Add a little water to cornflour and stir until disolved, then add this mixture into sauce. Stir pan until sauce has thickened and then add fresh ground salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool slightly and then pour on top of fish.

Boil potatoes in salted water, drain and mash with fromage frais, salt and pepper.

Place mash on top of fish and cook in heated oven 30 mins or so - until top if crunchy, golden brown and hot.

Enjoy.

Also lovely if you add 28g of grated cheddar to top of potatoes 5 mins before end of cooking (+1 HEa).

This recipe costs 2 syns & 1 HEa (or 2 HEas if using cheddar in topping) for a meal for 4 people.

That sound's so good, there is nothing more comforting than a lovely fish pie, thanks for the recipe. X

OMG this was soooo lush, ive had it for dinner tonight, thank u soooo much :)
This was a pic of it.

6415_118276195666_528245666_2769044_5763569_n.jpg

I made this last night and it was lovely! It was slightly too watery so next time I'd use less water but the taste was lovely! I mashed swede & butternut squash together with a tub of Total 0% & parsley instead of potato as I was on a Red day. I sprinkled it with 28g of parmesan.

Hubby raved over it and said it was better than store bought! Thanks for the recipe!

I made this last night and it was lovely! It was slightly too watery so next time I'd use less water but the taste was lovely! I mashed swede & butternut squash together with a tub of Total 0% & parsley instead of potato as I was on a Red day. I sprinkled it with 28g of parmesan.

Hubby raved over it and said it was better than store bought! Thanks for the recipe!

thanks for the feedback.

you're idea for the topping instead of potatoes sounds great. will try this myself on the weekend as I'm on red this week!

Cheers m'dear!

Was hoping to make fish pie for the first time tonight. Wondered if I could have advice. I was hoping to also take into work tomorrow and heat up in the microwave. I have looked at lots of recipes on here and SW site and have decided between either this one above or one with v low fat fromage frais as the base for the white sauce (see the link below - thanks Circes for the providing the links in another post).

I think I would prefer to try the fromage frais one, however I wondered whether the v low fat fromage frais will be all right heated up in the microwave the following day ? I usually only add yoghurt or fromage frais to a sauce just before serving following my disaster the first time when it curdled but wondered whether it would be ok as the base for a sauce reheated ?

Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Gail x

I didn't make this one in the end - made the one from the SW site. It was really delicious.

The v low fat fromage frais mixed with egg as the 'white sauce' wasn't much of a sauce (more like a binding agent, much like scrambled egg) but tasted yummy and heated up today in the microwave absolutely fine (was no different to how it was coming out of the oven).

Gail x

thanks so much for this recipe - made this last night...adapted to red day... didnt used potato as topping used b.nut squash and suede etc mash... instead of water i used milk as my 2nd healthy extra a (instead of cheese on top) and sauce was REALLY creamy and declicious!!!!!

Thanks so much - recipe definately going in the recipe drawer and will be making this again!

Hubby loved it too!

Hi, thank you so much for posting this recipe. I have been wanting a really good fish pie for ages and this was it. Very easy to make and the sins are well worth it. The family ate it not knowing it was SW and they loved it.

Back