Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Yesterday was pretty much a write off so I'm not going to bother making a note of what I ate. Lets just say it involved booze and food. Not upset about it as I didn't go crazy but definitely over my syn count!

We went out for our Valentines meal and it was a little disappointing. The service was crap and I was really looking forward to my Monkfish main and thai fishcake starter but they had ran out of both! Therefore, I unintentionally got a much healthier meal of Parma ham/asparagus Salad followed by Seafood Linguine.

Out at the OHs parents for lunch today but not too concerned as they are very healthy. I'm taking bisto and a mullerlight with me as I know they use chicken fat in the gravy and we always have pudding. I'll update later.

Back on plan today. I started my new job today so need to start getting adventurous with the packed lunches!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, mullerlight strawberry, 35g Jordans natural muesli (HEXb)

Snack - Alpen light summer fruits (3 syns)

Lunch - pasta, tuna, sweetcorn, cucumber, 2 babybel light (HEXa), 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns), grapes, cherries

Dinner - 2 lighter choices cumberland sausages (2 syns), Tesco maris piper mash (2 syns), brocolli, cauliflower, leeks, peas, bisto (0.5 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
Sparkling water
Hot choc from vending machine (4 syns?)

Total Syns = 12

Last edited:
Valentines day. Enough said!

WI tomorrow - If I haven't gained this week it will be a miracle!

Tomorrow is a new day and a new week so I can put this one behind me and lose whatever I've gained. Had a great week though :)

Attachments

• 2012-02-16%252017.33.11.jpg
    2012-02-16%252017.33.11.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 2012-02-14%252019.03.33.jpg
    2012-02-14%252019.03.33.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Hiya! Hope you had a lovely Valentine's day. How's your new job? I'm off work this week & have been sick for the past few days, typical !!! I've been eating way too much chocolate sitting in the house do I've decided the only way to avoid this is to go out and buy myself some new clothes tomorrow :)

Hiya! Hope you had a lovely Valentine's day. How's your new job? I'm off work this week & have been sick for the past few days, typical !!! I've been eating way too much chocolate sitting in the house do I've decided the only way to avoid this is to go out and buy myself some new clothes tomorrow :)

Yes thanks, hope you did too? It's great so far but just training at the moment.

Hope you're feeling better and I think buying clothes is the best way to get out of the house :D

I've gained this week (as predicted) but it was worth it! Back on track today for a 100% week.

WI today and as predicted a 1.5lb gain! Not upset as expected but back onto a 100% week this week :cross:

Food Diary...

Breakfast - Magic porridge (HEXb), blueberries, grapes, banana

Lunch - Chicken mug shot, Salad (brocolli, green beans, beetroot, grated carrot, sweetcorn)

Snack - 1 Babybel light (HEXa)

Dinner - Sticky Chicken (1 tsp honey 1 syn), brocolli, mangetout, mushrooms, shallot, spring onion, peas, rice

Snack - treatsize snickers (4.5 syns)

Vending machine hot choc* (4 syns?)
3 tea w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total Syns = 10.5

*Going to start taking Options sachets so I can monitor the syns. They taste better too!

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - mullerlight strawberry, banana, blueberries

Snack - Starbucks vanilla latte w/ skimmed milk (HEXa) (4 syns?) - only drank half, 1 custard cream (3 syns)

Lunch - 1 wholemeal pitta (HEXb), egg mayo (0.5 syns), cucumber, spinach, 1 carrot

Snack - Shapers onion rings (3 syns)

Dinner - SW Carbonara (15g Parmesan HEXa) (red onion, courgette, mushrooms)

Sparkling water
2 tea w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
Vending machine hot choc (4 syns?) - Need to stop drinking these! They aren't even that nice! I increased the syn count just to be sure I'm not going over.

Total syns = 14.5

Need to be more careful of drinks! Lots of hidden syns :mad:

Last edited:
Cheeky weigh in this morning and I've already lost the 1.5lbs I'd gained on weds!? I had a big meal the night before so this makes me think it may have been a food baby! ;)

I need to make sure I have lighter meals on a Tuesday night in future. Lets hope I can lose a bit more before next weeks WI!

Last edited:
Food Diary... (Friday 17th)

Breakfast - Magic porridge (HEXb), banana

Lunch - Jacket potato, tuna mayo (1 syn), sweetcorn, 2 babybel light (HEXa)

Snack - Options white choc (2 syns), half digestive (1.5 syns)

Dinner - Superfree chicken curry (made with cauliflower, chicken stock & curry powder), SW egg fried rice (shallots, peas)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
Sparkling water
San Miguel can
(8 syns)

Total syns = 12.5

Dinner... I wasn't sure about this as a curry sauce. It seemed a bit too sweet and lacked depth of flavour. I did add cumin and garlic but maybe it needs a bit of experimentation! I do think I'll have it as a soup though (which I will be doing with the leftover sauce)

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 slices Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), lean bacon, poached egg, 2 tsps flora light (2 syns), 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch - Curried cauliflower soup (yesterdays leftover sauce - much nicer as a soup!)

Dinner - tbc

tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns - tbc

I'm planning on meeting a friend so will have some cider and we may go for a chinese where I'll have chicken in black bean with boiled rice. Update later.

Last night was a bit of a write off. But I feel like I need one night off a week or this diet just won't work for me long term.

Just so I can keep a record of what I had:
2 pts Aspall cider
1 pt Sunlik lager
Shared - boiled rice, chicken curry, crispy beef

Today I've been really crap with my SF!

Food Diary...

Brunch - 2 slices Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), baked beans, 20g low fat cheddar (HEXa)

Snack - 1 dark rye Ryvita (1.5 syns), 1 tsp real ale chutney (1.5 syns), 1 babybel light (2 syns)

Dinner - Pork loin steak (fat trimmed), SW mustard sauce (1 tsp mustard 0.5 syns), Tesco maris piper mashed potato (2 syns), brocolli, green beans

Pudding - 2 mini meringues (2 syns), mixed berries, mullerlight coconut

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
Glass of red wine (8.5 syns)

Total syns - 18

Dinner...
Pork w/ mustard sauce from last months SW mag. Very yummy!

2012-02-19%252020.07.06.jpg

Pudding... Eton Mess

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

One of the best things about this diet is that I'm experimenting with new foods and recipes. I fell into a routine of always making the same meals each week, or cooking convenience foods or eating out so its been great to have to experiment in the kitchen again!

Last edited:
Looking back at my diary for the last week its shown that working does make it harder to keep my syns low. Ideally, I'd like to be sticking to 10 syns and under so I'll need to get more creative and resist high calorie drinks. It's been the drinks rather than the food that's been the problem this week/weekend.

Unfortunately, I have no access to a microwave at work so it rules out a lot of meals. Last week I managed to resist the canteen food, which all looked amazing. Chips, curry and baguettes were the hardest thing to resist, but once I'd eaten what I'd brought in I felt like I'd really achieved something. I even took in my own jacket potato topping!
:D

3 days to WI so need to have 10 syns max for the next few days. Going to plan my meals now so I'm aware of what I'm eating.

Last edited:
Hi there, just been having a read through your food diary, you're doing well and you've been having some really nice looking meals, think I'll give some of them a try. I like how you've included photos in your diary, I've not tried this and not sure how to do it but I might have a go on my diary sometime. I particularly like the look of the tuna melts, they look really easy to prepare and I bet they're tasty too.
After a long time of doing original and green days, I decided to give extra easy a go, I think I've got the hang of it now only I keep forgetting that I can only have one hexb!
I weigh at home at the moment, I plan to go back to class when I've regained my target status...only 4lb more to get back there. I was disappointed to gain a pound last week, so close but yet so far! I've got weigh in tomorrow so I'll hope for either a loss or at least a sts :fingerscrossed:
Keep up the good work :)

Hi there, just been having a read through your food diary, you're doing well and you've been having some really nice looking meals, think I'll give some of them a try. I like how you've included photos in your diary, I've not tried this and not sure how to do it but I might have a go on my diary sometime. I particularly like the look of the tuna melts, they look really easy to prepare and I bet they're tasty too.
After a long time of doing original and green days, I decided to give extra easy a go, I think I've got the hang of it now only I keep forgetting that I can only have one hexb!
I weigh at home at the moment, I plan to go back to class when I've regained my target status...only 4lb more to get back there. I was disappointed to gain a pound last week, so close but yet so far! I've got weigh in tomorrow so I'll hope for either a loss or at least a sts :fingerscrossed:
Keep up the good work :)

Good luck for your weigh in! I weigh at home too. I've never been to meetings and at the moment I don't feel like I need them so I'm going to carry on as I am at the mo. How are you finding EE?

The tuna melts were good but try to eat them whilst they're hot as they get less tasty the colder they get. Photos are easy to upload via attachments. I have mine on an online photo album so I just use Insert Image and paste the URL. I'll have to have a visit of your diary! :)

I'm desperately craving a crunchy white baguette at the moment. I've been fantasising about a proper cheese sandwich all day (please no one suggest reduced fat cheddar in small wholemeal bread - it just won't cut it!) ... mmm Pret a Manger Posh Cheese and Pickle :drool:

The canteen today didn't help as the sandwich bar looks amazing, and someone at my table was eating a delicious looking baguette with prawn cocktail crisps! I really felt deprived today :(. Being at work and seeing temptation daily is tough! So I've decided that if I've lost 1.5+ pounds at WI (i.e. more than my 'food baby') then I'm going to have a baguette for lunch on Wednesday as a treat (probably wholemeal though - I'd feel TOO naughty with white!) And now I've made the decision I can't wait!!!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - Magic porridge (HEXb), banana, blueberries

Lunch - Bulgar wheat & quinoa wholesome pot (3 syns - not worth it :mad:), grapes, half a boiled egg

Snack - 1 dark rye Ryvita (1.5 syns), 1 babybel light
(HEXa), 1 tsp chutney (1.5 syns)

Dinner - Spaghetti, prawns, shallot, chilli, garlic, passatta, 10g parmesan
(HEXa)

Pudding (planned) - mullerlight mint

2 tea/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
Sparkling water
half Options hazelnut sachet (1 syn)

Total syns = 7

Dinner...

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
Full of food and still craving a baguette! Cheese, butter, salad cream and cucumber :drool:

I'd better lose on Wednesday!
:)

Last edited:
Good luck for your weigh in! I weigh at home too. I've never been to meetings and at the moment I don't feel like I need them so I'm going to carry on as I am at the mo. How are you finding EE?

The tuna melts were good but try to eat them whilst they're hot as they get less tasty the colder they get. Photos are easy to upload via attachments. I have mine on an online photo album so I just use Insert Image and paste the URL. I'll have to have a visit of your diary! :)

Hi, I sts this week, better than a gain but I really, really wanted a loss, i've been sticking top it 100% so I'm a bit fed up & not sure if EE is for me. I've had a bit of a syn crisis tonight and ended up on 33.5 syns!! At least i'll know the reason if I have a gain next week!! I'm going to try and get some exercise in this week & may revert to my good old green with occasional red.
Re the tuna melts, i'll bear your tip in mind!
Please feel free to pop into my diary at any time...It's not particularly exciting mind!

Good luck with your weigh in :)

Im feeling really deprived at the moment and thoroughly p****d off that I can't eat what I want. This canteen is killing me! Todays menu involves sweet and sour chicken, egg fried rice, noodles and pancakes! Plus the usual temptation of baguettes and crisps! And someone's brought in cakes and sausage rolls, but at least they're hidden round the corner. I think the problem is that I have had to encounter people eating whatever they want with temptation staring me in the face, which I didn't have to deal with when I was at home all day. I need to find somewhere else to eat my packed lunch!

Last edited:
vintagepockets said:
Im feeling really deprived at the moment and thoroughly p****d off that I can't eat what I want. This canteen is killing me! Todays menu involves sweet and sour chicken, egg fried rice, noodles and pancakes! Plus the usual temptation of baguettes and crisps! And someone's brought in cakes and sausage rolls, but at least they're hidden round the corner. I think the problem is that I have had to encounter people eating whatever they want with temptation staring me in the face, which I didn't have to deal with when I was at home all day. I need to find somewhere else to eat my packed lunch!

Poor you vintagepockets! Just keep visualizing the new slim you and imagine how virtuous you will feel later. You can do it!

Back