Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

For the stock potatoes you put the par boiled potatoes in a dish and fill the dish with the stock so the bottom half of the potatoes are submerged, then spray the tops with frylight. Don't flip the potatoes or they won't go crispy. Pop in the oven and they should be ready once the stock has been absorbed.

Ocado is the company that delivers for waitrose. Do you have waitrose in Ireland?

The mayflower sauce is the closest I've ever tried to a Chinese curry takeaway. So much so that I haven't felt the need to get a Chinese takeaway since we moved. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was better than takeaway but it's pretty close. I haven't tried the mushy pea curry so let me know how it goes!

For the stock potatoes you put the par boiled potatoes in a dish and fill the dish with the stock so the bottom half of the potatoes are submerged, then spray the tops with frylight. Don't flip the potatoes or they won't go crispy. Pop in the oven and they should be ready once the stock has been absorbed.

Ocado is the company that delivers for waitrose. Do you have waitrose in Ireland?

The mayflower sauce is the closest I've ever tried to a Chinese curry takeaway. So much so that I haven't felt the need to get a Chinese takeaway since we moved. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was better than takeaway but it's pretty close. I haven't tried the mushy pea curry so let me know how it goes!

Nope, we don't have Waitrose in Ireland, so that's that. Oh well! I'll order the curry sauce in a week or two and try it definitely. Is it an add water type of sauce? I occassionally get a craving for a chinese curry so I look forward to trying this one!

I will let you know how the mushy pea curry goes. I plan to try it on Sunday!

x

I'm attempting a bit of a greek feast tonight. I'll post pics later. I can't wait!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 0% greek

Lunch - SW quiche made w/ 1 bgty sausage (0.5 syns), broccoli, green beans, red onion, courgette, mushrooms, sweetcorn

Dinner - Lamb kofta, spiced pitta wedges (HEXb), greek bulgar wheat salad w/ cucumber, red onion, 25g feta (HEXa) (out of 50g allowance), sundried tomatoes and olives (1 syn), homemade tzatziki, 2 tbsps rf houmous (3 syns)

Pudding - mango and danio 0% passionfruit (1.5 syns) (SO yummy!)

Snacks - grapes, carrot, apple, sainsburys salt & vinegar popcorn (2.5 syns), 1 mini egg (1 syn), 1 tsp ben & jerrys (1 syn)

4 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 10.5

Dinner...
The koftas and pitta recipes are both by rachel allen. The tzatziki is just ff natural yoghurt, cucumber, dried mint and seasoning, and the houmous is shop bought! It was very yummy and I've got enough left over for lunch. (The beer is the OH's)

%5BUNSET%5D

Last edited:
The OH has offered to cook tonight. He's decided he's going to make a chicken curry so I sourced a new recipe for us to try and I may even attempt some SW onion bhajis!

Chicken curry recipe - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/75614-authentic-chicken-curry.html

Bhaji recipe - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/116547-indian-ideas.html

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, 0% greek

Lunch - leftover lamb kofta & greek bulgar wheat salad (25g feta = HEXa + olives & sundried tomatoes = 0.5 syns), w/ pitta bread (HEXb), 2 tbsps rf houmous (3 syns)

Dinner (planned) - Homemade chicken curry w/ pilau rice and WW mini naan (5.5 syns - I'm tempted not to bother with this so I can have choc instead), SW onion bhajis

Snacks - cheese popcorn (2.5 syns), grapes, apple, pot shot (1 syn), 1 mikado (0.5 syns), 1 mini egg (1 syn)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 14

Last edited:
Ok so a bit of a judgey post coming up but I've been shocked at how much the woman who sits next to me in the office eats. This post also proves that my current temp job is mind numbingly boring as I've not only had the time to notice what she eats but I've also made a note of it all on MFP hahaha. Sad I know but my curiosity was getting the better of me and I just had to know how many calories she was consuming in the office on an average day. And this doesn't include what she eats before/after work as well as the bits I've missed whilst I've been engrossed in data entry (or more realistically skiving on the internet ;)) Anyway, let the judgement commence!

This is what she has eaten today - I won't specify meal times as it is constant eating with no set times.

500ml coca cola
Bacon, sausage, egg toasted sandwich from the sandwich man
half a tesco cheese and onion sandwich
rice krispie square
cream egg
wholemeal chicken & salad sandwich
(at this point she'd returned from lunch and said "I only had 2 slices wholemeal with a bit of chicken and salad in it and nothing else with it so no wonder I'm hungry"!)
walkers cheese & onion crisps
galaxy ripple
7up free
rice time spicy tikka masala
Starburst
Plus milky coffees with sugar

And this is just what I've seen! God knows what she eats when she gets home. There's not a single piece of fruit or veg in that list!

And here's for the grand total of calories consumed....... 3000!!!

Ok I know I'm being very judgemental but that is a crazy amount of food to eat in one day and that is what she is eating practically every day whilst in the office. It makes me sick just thinking about it. Yuk!

It does make me feel VERY saintly though!

Last edited:
K'inel! I thought I could trough when I set my mind to it lol. I'd be thinking exactly the same as you :)

'But iz she faaat? ' ;-) now I'm stereo typing lol

Haha yes she is but not huge although she will be soon if she carries on like this. I just really want to tell her how much she's eating as I bet she doesn't have a clue. It's like we're on "secret eaters" haha! Or at least give her one of my apples so she has at least one healthy thing today. The most shocking thing is that she eats like this EVERY day!

I think I might make the bhajis from this thread instead.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/171177-onion-bhajis.html

Onion Bhajis.

Bhajis
Fry light
2 onions, sliced in to half moons
...170g potato cooked and mashed
227g can chick peas, mashed ( i use food processor)
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp baking powder
2tsp bombay spice mix
1tsp dried herbs
salt and pepper

Spray non stick frying pan with fry light and gently fry the onions until tender.
Mix mash potato, chickpea mash together and add onions and all other ingredients, mix well
form in to small balls, place on tray that has been sprayed with fry light and bake in pre heated oven at 220c or 425f Gas 7 for 30 mins until golden

I couldn't make bhajis as we didn't have enough onion :( so I made an aloo saag instead and made some pilau rice. Stuffed now!

ForumRunner_20130405_194336.png

ForumRunner_20130405_194533.png

ForumRunner_20130405_194547.png

ForumRunner_20130405_194605.png

I've had some news tonight. I'm not really sure what word to put in front of "news", as I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. Either way I resisted offers of wine and resorted to a bit of choc so syns wise I'm going to say 25 for today.

Last edited:
Ooh are we allowed to know the news? Well done for keeping in control with the booze!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not just yet as you never know who's reading but I will share soon!

Oooh the suspense!

Your food looks amazing! Was the chicken curry cooked in the oven? I saw a baked chicken curry recipe on Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Everyday show that looked good.

Last edited:
It was. I got the recipe from here - I think I linked to it a couple of posts back. I want to explore more non-SW curry recipes and try to adapt them as, although the SW ones are always nice, they miss that depth of flavour. But that's probably what you get from the fat, sugar and cream!

WI this morning and I'm 10st. I was tempted to have a couple of meals off but I'm going to power through and try to stick to plan with no cheating until next weekend. Then I'm going to go back to SW in the week and relax a bit at the weekends as I think that's what's going to work for me the best long term. Calorie counting was definitely not for me. Any excuse to eat crisps and crusty white bread everyday and I'll take it!

I'm also going to get the OH to set up the xbox and kinect this weekend and finally open my xmas pressie, Dance Central. I'm also going to get some other fitness/dance games and try to do more exercise at home in the evenings.

Major food envy going on right now! We're definitely having burgers for dinner tonight!

ForumRunner_20130406_144449.png

Wow your indian feast looks amazing. I'm going to have to sit down and check out your recipes properly when I get time.

I'm curious about your news! Hopefully it's nothing awful nad you're enjoying the sunshine if you have it.

It's not really my news but a family members, but for privacys sake I'm not going to say what it is just yet in case someone we know sees this thread.

We did indeed enjoy the sunshine thanks hun! We spent the day doing lots of walking around Manchester city centre where we found an amazing pub and a cocktail bar where I couldn't resist breaking my 2 week booze ban. It was definitely worth it though and we'll be going back. Here's the link to it and you'll understand why I had to try something...
http://www.thealchemist.uk.com/menus
And here's where we went for lunch...
http://www.theoasthouse.uk.com/

I resisted the burger and went for the mezze. I had a bit of the OHs and it was gorgeous but I was chuffed with my resolve!

Overall, not exactly an entirely on plan day but I'm pretty pleased with it considering how it could of gone.

Food diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, ff natural yoghurt

Lunch (out) - grilled aubergine & courgettes, sundried tomatoes, olives, couscous, houmous, celery, flatbread (HEXb tweak)

Dinner - chilli con carne w/ rice (the OH put a bit of honey and red wine in it but everything else was free), rf cheddar (HEXa)

Snacks - 2 aero bubbles, smoked salmon, smoked mackerel pate (HEXa)

1 red wine
1 French martini
2 tea w/ ss milk (HEXa)
1 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
1 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = ?

Those menus look awesome! I would have probably had Mezze too :)

Back