Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

I start my new bar job tonight and feeling a bit apprehensive as I've heard mixed things about the manager/clientelle. Especially because I loved my last bar job so concerned I'm going to hate it. It's money though and if its really that awful I'm sure I can keep at it until I find something else!

Hungry day today!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, Mullerlight rhubarb

Lunch - 2 slices Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), baked beans, 2 Light Choices cumberland sausages (2 syns), grapes

Snack - 1 Dark Rye Ryvita (1.5 syns), cottage cheese, 4 slices cucumber, 1 carrot, 2 slices lean ham, 1 slice smoked salmon, parma ham (0.5 syns), Babybel light (half HEXa)

2012-02-02%252015.46.36.jpg

Dinner - SW Sticky Chicken (1 syn for 1 tsp honey), SW Egg Fried Rice (brocolli, mangetout, shallot, peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, spring onions)

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Snack - Mullerlight vanilla & dark chocolate

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (half HEXa)
1 valerian root tea
1 peppermint tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 5

Update: did my shift and wasn't as awful as I'd expected but I'm still going to look for something else as working every weekend and only getting a few shifts a week is less than ideal!

Last edited:
Feeling really down today and not looking forward to going to work tonight. Spent the day ringing local bars and recruitment agencies and there is nothing else available. I'll have to stick this out until something else comes along - fingers crossed it's soon!

My mood hasn't really affected my eating today. We need to do a food shop so haven't got any SF veggies in so having to make do with frozen peas (I know they aren't SF) and a Sainsbury's fishcake which has been in the freezer pre-SW. No idea how many syns are in it as I've thrown away the packaging so having to guess based on what I've found on syns online. This is the closest I can find to it.

Taste the Difference Cod & West Country Cheddar Fishcakes, twin pack, chilled, 115g each - 7.5 syns (The one I had has got a parsley sauce centre)

I didn't eat the majority of the breadcrumb coating so I'll say 7 syns!?

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix (HEXb), 120 ml skimmed milk (half HEXa), banana

Lunch - 1 Nimble wholemeal (2.5 syns), 1 Light Choices cumberland sausage (1 syns), baked beans, 2 slices bacon (fat removed), poached egg, Mullerlight coconut

Dinner - SW Chips, Sainsbury's fishcake (7 syns), peas

Snack - Flapjack bite (4 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (half HEXa)
Sparkling/Soda water

Total syns = 1

I've been really crap at going to the gym this week. It's been because of my mood and I've been feeling a bit ill all week. Will be back on it next week!

Last edited:
I decided not to take the job at the wine bar. I worked my shift last night and hated almost every second of it. I talked it through with the OH and my old boss is trying to get me some hours so I think its for the best. I instantly feel 100x better so it must be the right decision. I just hate quiting things so feeling really guilty and also that I should just take whatever I can due to the job market being what it is at the mo!

It's my Mum's birthday so I'm off out for dinner tonight. I'm not going to bother counting my syns and I'm just going to enjoy my evening. I'm not going to go crazy and get a big dirty pud or anything but just try not to think about how many syns I'm consuming (in alcohol mainly!
:drunk:) We also need to do a food shop as we're out of skimmed milk, bananas and veg! So food options are pretty limited at the mo!

I did a cheeky weigh in today to see if Wednesdays blip was down to TOTM or my naughty weekend. And guess what!? I've only gone and lost 2.75 pounds! And its only half way through the week! I know I jinxed myself last week but if I can keep this off all week (and lose that extra quarter to take it up to 3) I'll be a very happy girl!

See you all tomorrow when I'll be back on track! :)

Woooooooo 2.75 pounds. You go!! Sounds like you did the right thing, sacking that job off. There's no point making yourself miserable for a few pound an hour.

You go!

Skn xx

Using the mighty power of the iPhone

Woooooooo 2.75 pounds. You go!! Sounds like you did the right thing, sacking that job off. There's no point making yourself miserable for a few pound an hour.

You go!

Skn xx

Using the mighty power of the iPhone

Thanks hun! Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself by weighing in early. Felt I'd lost so couldn't resist a sneaky peek. I'll have to see if I can keep it off for WI on Wednesday! Tried out the OXO roast potatoes (but used Knorr chicken stock cubes) with our roast today and they were AMAZING! Thanks for the tip :) x

Last edited:
Just dropping in to say hi, your food pics look amazing :) Haven't been on all week again! Really need to get on more :(

Glad to see you're back! The only reason I can go on here so often is because I have so much time on my hands atm. Can understand not going on here when you're working full time and sounds like you've had a busy week. Look forward to reading your diary x

Last edited:
Had a lovely evening with the family and thoroughly enjoyed my guilt free evening. I had bread with balsamic/olive oil and olives, and my steak (with chips :ashamed0005:) and my glass of wine and then enjoyed lots of yummy Vodka & Soda with fresh lime. I think it's important to be able to have a night off every now and then, and not spend the evening calculating everything you consume. I think my way of thinking about food has changed drastically in this past month and I'm subconsiously making better choices. I'm not concerned about having an evening off sometimes as I know I won't choose dishes that I would have pre-SW!

We did a food shop this afternoon so the fridge is full of fruit and veg again so I'm happily back on track today and from Monday back to under 10 syns a day and 1/3 SF.

Food Diary...

Brunch - 2 slices Nimble wholemeal (HEXb), baked beans, 2 light choices cumberland sausages (2 syns)

Snack/Lunch - Chicken mugshot, sweetcorn

Dinner - Roast chicken (no skin), Chicken stock roast potatoes :drool:, parsnips, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, green beans, leeks, Chicken bisto gravy (3 syns) - I put 2 chicken wings on my plate but was so full I couldn't eat them! Saved me 2 syns! :)

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Snack - Options white choc (2 syns), Maltesers funsize 19.5g (5 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa) - not had enough today so going to have a glass of skimmed milk before bed
Sparkling water

Total syns = 12

Last edited:
I've had an experimental day in the kitchen today. Some of it good, some of it not so much...

Attempted Magic Pancakes after coming across them in the Recipe thread. You just make up Magic Porridge as normal, and then in the morning add 2 eggs and 2 tbsps sweetener and fry like you would an American pancake. I just used half of my Magic Porridge as I read they can be very filling (and it was also incase I didn't like them), so I only used 1 egg and 1 tbsp sweetener, which was more than enough! Way too sweet for me first thing!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - Magic Pancakes (half HEXb), blueberries, half a banana

Lunch - Bubble & Squeak (parsnips, potato, brocolli, leeks, green beans, cauliflower, carrots, red onion, garlic), lean ham, 1 slice parma ham (0.5 syns), half tbsp branston pickle (0.5 syns)

Snack - Smarties funsize (3.5 syns), leftover Magic Porridge
(half HEXb), blueberries, half a banana

Dinner - Chicken Biryani (from Mar/Apr SW mag) (tinned tomatoes, onion, shallot, garlic, spinach), 1 tbsp mango chutney (1 syn)

Snack - mullerlight coconut,
1 babybel light (HEXa)

2 tea w/ semi skimmed (HEXa)
2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns =

When I use skimmed milk as a
HEXa I definitely don't have the full 375ml as I only use it in tea as I often have yoghurt with fruit for breakfast. I need to make sure I'm either having a glass of milk or some cheese to bring this up. Or maybe just switch back to Semi-skimmed...

Magic Pancakes (far too sweet)
2012-02-06%2011.08.35.jpg

Bubble & Squeak
(only managed half of this - bit boring)
2012-02-06%2013.17.09.jpg

Chicken Biryani (yummy but takes ages to make)
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Last edited:
I got a job! :woohoo: I had the interview this morning and they offered it to me this afternoon! I start on Monday :D

Also, finally went back to the gym after a week off. I'm planning on trying to go 2-3 times a week and sticking to it. No excuses with the new job either as I'll be finishing at 3.45pm everyday!

Random food day today as have been out and about for most of it and there are loads of things in the fridge that are running out of date all at the same time!

Food Diary...

Breakfast (8.30) - Magic porridge (HEXb) (made w/ mullerlight strawberry), sliced banana, blueberries

(very light) Lunch (12.00) - Chicken Mug Shot w/ sweetcorn and 3 mushrooms,

Snack (before gym) - Alpen light chocolate & fudge
(3 syns) (annoying waste of syns but it was the only thing in my handbag!)

Snack (after gym) - 1 banana

Snack (16.00) - 1 carrot, 2 slices lean ham, cottage cheese, 1 babybel light (HEXa), 1 light choices cumberland sausage (1 syn)

Dinner (planned) - Chilli Con Carne (0.5 syns) (onion, tinned tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, chilli), rice

2 tea w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
1 tea/ semi-skimmed (HEXa)
Soda/Sparkling water

Gym - bike, treadmill, crosstrainer, rowing machine = 1 hr

Total Syns = 4.5

I'll update if I have some chocolate after dinner... it's calling!

Update: I didn't have the chocolate - had blueberries and grapes with natural yoghurt instead (another thing that needed using up!) I did have a few sips of wine though - 3 syns!?

Total Syns = 7.5

Last edited:
Congrats on the job that's fantastic news! Best of luck with it :) I was thinking about trying out the magic pancakes they sound nice & I have such a sweet tooth. I have a week off work next week so I'm looking forward to trying out some new recipes :)

Congrats on the job that's fantastic news! Best of luck with it :) I was thinking about trying out the magic pancakes they sound nice & I have such a sweet tooth. I have a week off work next week so I'm looking forward to trying out some new recipes :)

Thanks hun! It will keep me going until we go travelling in April and is extra saving money until then. And the job sounds good too, which is a bonus!

Good luck with the Magic Pancakes - they're very sweet so you should enjoy them. It's great playing around with the many (many) recipes and learning new meals (when you have the time!) Enjoy!

Just had my WI and I've lost 3.5lbs!!! So chuffed! :woohoo:

Also means I can enjoy my Valentines meal on Saturday guilt free! Yey!

Thanks hun! Really pleased!

So chuffed with myself! Out for dinner tonight with the OHs work and I ordered the steak and literally ate 2 chips and just ate my steak and veg (no butter). They were amazing too! Can't say I've had much willpower with the wine tho (hic)

ForumRunner_20120208_225332.jpg

So last night didn't go to plan as got a last minute invite out with OHs work colleagues. I wasn't going to go but was so bored by the time he got home that I was craving company. I wasn't very good with the wine so definitely went over my syn allowance - no idea by how much though! I also had white bread (eek) and tucked into the shared starter of parma ham, garlic, mussels, cream cheese (could be part of my HEXa), pickles, and even a snail! I did make sure not to have any of the sauce with the mussels tried to pick at the pickles and onions rather than the pork and salami! And as reported last night I ate my steak with the butterless veg and only had a couple of chips despite them being gorgeous! Very proud of myself and my willpower. 6 weeks ago I would of scoffed the lot without even thinking about it!

Food Diary - 8th February...

Breakfast - Mullerlight rhubarb, banana, 35g Jordans Natural Muesli
(HEXb)

Snack - light babybel (HEXa), sweetcorn

Lunch - SW chips, 2 light choices cumberland sausages (2 syns), baked beans, poached egg, grapes

Dinner - out

Wine
Vodka & Soda
Sparkling water

Total Syns = no idea!

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb), 135ml skimmed milk (HEXa), banana

Lunch - Jacket potato, Chilli Con Carne (0.5 syns)
(onion, tinned tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, chilli), side salad (spinach, red pepper, cucumber)

Snack - Babybel light (HEXa), smoked salmon, grapes

Dinner - Pasta w/ quark, smoked salmon, courgette, mushrooms, onion (really boring so only ate 1/3 - really wanted cheese on toast with tomato sauce but had my HEXa & HEXb already grrr*)

Treat - Mini Lindt ball (2 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk
(HEXa)
1 honeybush tea
1 Options orange choc (1.5 syns)
Sparkling water

Total Syns = 4

*One huge annoyance of planning meals is using HEXs and then really craving something you've already used up later in the day! Couldn't afford the syns either after all the wine I consumed last night. Planning on having cheese on toast for lunch tomorrow instead! mmmmm

Might have a banana before bed as barely touched my dinner!

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Brunch - Open Tuna Melt (2 Nimble Wholemeal - HEXb) (20g reduced fat cheddar - half HEXa), extra light mayo (0.5 syns), spinach, red pepper, cucumber

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Dinner (planned) - Thai Red Chicken Curry (5.5 syns), noodles, babycorn, mangetout, brocolli

Snacks - Banana

Sparkling water
Update: 4 x 175ml red wine (24 syns)

Update: Total Syns = 30 (whoops!)

I really want to do something tonight but struggling for ideas that don't involve food/booze and I really don't fancy the cinema. It was so much easier to think of things to do pre-SW! What do other people do for fun that's SW friendly (on a Friday night)!?

Last edited:
I go to bed early with a mug of tea and hope I sleep before the munchies strike!!lol!

Unfortunately I got tempted out with the girls and managed 2 x 175ml red wine and probs the same again when I got home!

I struggle to feel guilty about booze like I do with food.

I'm also out for a Valentines meal tomorrow night....

I was saving my syns for that but fallen off the wagon twice this week already! Luckily I decided not to make a night of it and have switched to a rather fancy looking Sparkling Water and lime (courtesy of the OH)

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

(PJs on haha)

I would love to get to my first target this week but may have to accept a gain or STS! I can accept that as I want to enjoy my evening tomorrow night. I think I'd struggle to put my life completely on hold and eating out is a big part of my social life (with friends and the OH). Plus I know that I'm in the right mindset to make better choices and make sacrifices in the week. Besides, I used to eat out 3 times a week minimum (and drink nightly) for no reason and the last few times have been for special occassions. I've met up with friends/family so many times over the last few weeks for lunch and made sure to eat before meeting them and stuck to a cup of tea or soda water. That's a huge achievement for me as I love eating out!

I've also done something that has made me very proud this week! Namely, filling up on specially requested butterless veg and barely touching some of the best chips I've ever tasted! I never thought I would be one of those girls that could leave something that delicious on my plate!!! Obviously would have been better if I'd had the willpower to turn down the invitation altogether and eaten at home, but I'm getting there...

Last edited:
Back