Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, strawberries, 0% greek yoghurt, 1 tsp sweet freedom (0.5 syns)

Lunch - WW Petit Pain (HEXb), homemade smoked mackerel pate (HEXa), smoked salmon, pom bears (5 syns)

Dinner - roast beef , tesco maris piper mash (2 syns), sweetcorn, peas, broccoli, carrots, green beans, gravy (2 syns)

Snacks - 1 homemade cookie (5 syns), half a small wholemeal slice (1 syn) w/
homemade smoked mackerel pate (HEXa)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
1 herbal tea

Total syns = 15.5

So I'm feeling a bit blah today. I didn't get an interview for a job I really wanted and the OH starts work again from tomorrow. He'll be working from home for at least a week but then he'll be working in Gatwick after that. We didn't expect him to get work in Manchester and the move was more for the benefit of us having the chance to settle and for me to focus on my career, but knowing this isn't making it any easier. I'm ok at the moment but from experience I know that the first few weeks are going to be awful and I'll probably get quite low but it passes once we're used to it. It doesn't help that I may not be working so I'll have extra time on my hands to mope. Fingers crossed I at least get some temp work for both my bank balance and sanities sake! We've been pretty much inseparable for the past 10 months and before that we had the luxury of us both living and working in the same place for over a year so I'm expecting the separation to be hard. My Mum is also going through a bit of a breakdown so I'm missing and worrying about her. Her and my brother are planning to visit next week so that should be good.

Overall I am feeling positive as in the past things have worked out but it's the stage before that which I'm not looking forward to. The impulse to eat crap for comfort came on pretty strong tonight and, although I resisted the urge to get a takeaway, I did share a bottle of wine and a bag of popcorn with the OH. I'm trying to focus on the huge positives in my life at the moment with the knowledge that things will work out - I'll get a job, the OH will eventually only be working away from home 3 days a week, and Manchester will soon feel like home (I hope!)

Focus on that last sentence. Glass half full and all that.

Needs must and if that need is working away then so be it. I don't see James for half the year or more at times as he's navy. Don't get me wrong I knew that when we met but it took a while to get used to.

As for your mum you can only be there for her I think. Make sure you look after yourself though tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks hun. Yeah most of our relationship Jack has worked away from home but we've been lucky the past 2 years as he had a local project then took a career break so we've had a lot of time together. Whilst we were living in London he was working in Switzerland and Milan and away for 5 nights. At least this one isn't abroad! Plus it looks like he can work 2 days from home once he's settled into the project so he'll only be away from home for 2 nights a week which will be great.

I'll get used to it and slip into a routine quickly as I have before but I'm really worried about not getting work as from experience this can get me feeling pretty low as if Jack is also away it can get really lonely. I also really wanted this job! I asked for feedback on my application and they said although it was strong they received loads of applications from people with extensive experience in higher education. If they are that experienced then why are they applying for Admin Assistant roles!? It's got me a bit worried about finding work as I stand no chance if those are the sort of people applying for these roles. I heard on the radio that Costa in Nottingham advertised for 8 jobs for minimum wage and over 1700 people applied!!! Scary stuff!

Wow that is scary! Keep plugging away at it. Try the local railway too. You would be surprised what jobs are available ( not just front line) and how much they pay. What would be your dream job?

Shhh but don't tell james but I quite like having my own space when he's away as much as I love and miss him lol. I don't know what your social circle is like of course but I'm lucky in the fact I have very little family but a very good network of friends all in spitting distance who are my chosen family if you like

I WI today and I'm still a couple of lbs under 10st which is good. I've been on plan with my meals yesterday and today but my snacks haven't been very SW friendly!

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast - WW petit pain (HEXb), homemade smoked mackerel pate (HEXa), smoked salmon

Lunch - beef stirfry w/ dried egg noodles (red onion, mangetout, broccoli, red pepper, babycorn, courgette), oyster sauce (0.5 syns)

Dinner - seafood paella (tomatoes, red onion, red pepper)

Snacks - 3 homemade ginger oaty biscuits (9 syns), cinema style popcorn (10 syns), 2 chocolates (5 syns)

Sparkling water
1 herbal tea
Half a bottle of red wine (14 syns)

Total syns = 38

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, blueberries, 0% greek yoghurt, 1 tsp sweet freedom (0.5 syns)

Lunch - WW petit pain (HEXb), rf cheddar (HEXa), ham, 1 tsp flora light (1 syn), 1 tbsp el mayo (0.5 syns), 1 tsp chutney (1 syn), lettuce, wotsits (5 syns)

Dinner - SW chicken katsu curry (2.5 syns for small wholemeal) (red onion, courgette, carrot) w/ jasmine rice and soya beans

Snack - 2 homemade ginger oaty biscuits (6 syns), 1 shortbread (4 syns), bag of mini animals (5 syns)

5 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 25.5

Dinner... Katsu Curry
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
Just catching up hun. Oh wow, i so feel for you right now and I can totally relate. I too feel very lucky and there are so many huge positives going on but I get quite anxious about things. I too am looking to start a real career now and it's scary because there are always 100 people wanting the same job. It's tough. Like you I know it will all be OK but don't look forward to the period before that. I suppose we just have to trust right?

Amazingly enough, i get lonely in our apartment. Peter works till 8 most nights so gets in around 9ish, we eat late, and i'm so exhausted from the creche (where i'm currently working) that I fall asleep by 10pm. It makes me sad because while were living together I nearly feel as tough we see less of eachother. Just passing by eachother in the morning and night. We are both aware of it tough and can't get too down about it because right now that's just how it is. He has to work late to meet targers which makes his salary insanely better so its worth it, and we have to work - that's life, but it still gets me down. Mid week seems to be spent working and sleeping, that's pretty much it.

Is Jack a project manager? Like does he woek for a company or does he just work on various projects and move on? I've heard Project Management is where the bucks are to he made. Do the companies put him up if he is staying in hotels etc? 3 nights away isn't so bad hun. Sure midweek is generally a time you will be bust between work and settling in etc. you will establish a routine though don't worry!

Do you need any help with your CV? I'm pretty good at that and have experience working in higher education and a few different areas that would relate to it! Let me know if i can help at all.

We'll get there hun, I know it!!

Xx

Thanks hun. The jobs I've applied for are online application forms so it's more the personal statement that's the tricky part! I'm feeling a lot more positive today as I asked about work experience and HR got in touch today and are going to look for opportunities around the university for me. Although I really need paid work I don't mind doing something for free for a couple of weeks as at least then I have something relevant to put on my CV and I'll also get my face/name known around the university. There may even be internal opportunities I could apply for. I'm getting a bit ahead of myself but it's great that they've been so helpful!

Has the job been getting any better hun or are you still not enjoying it? Xx

Thanks hun. The jobs I've applied for are online application forms so it's more the personal statement that's the tricky part! I'm feeling a lot more positive today as I asked about work experience and HR got in touch today and are going to look for opportunities around the university for me. Although I really need paid work I don't mind doing something for free for a couple of weeks as at least then I have something relevant to put on my CV and I'll also get my face/name known around the university. There may even be internal opportunities I could apply for. I'm getting a bit ahead of myself but it's great that they've been so helpful!

Has the job been getting any better hun or are you still not enjoying it? Xx

Sounds like you have a good plan in place hun, so I have no doubt that it will all work out :)

Sending you good vibes!

I totally know what you guys mean about being on your own and ships in the night kinda thing, dan works 6 nights a week so we rarely go to bed together/wake up together and he's so tired on his days off he still has to sleep during the day so we get so little quality time, all we seem to do is watch tv while he falls asleep, bit rubbish, but I always just have to think it won't always be this way! Xx

I feel like I could eat everything in sight tonight. It's TOTM next week so it could be that or I could just be really greedy. We had one of my favourite meals for dinner - pasta with pesto and all the trimmings (red onion, red pepper, courgette, chorizo, olives, pine nuts and blue cheese). I just had a packet of monster munch too and I could still eat more!

Well Jacks project has fallen through so we're hoping he gets somewhere more local so fingers crossed. If it's not then we'll cope - we have in the past! At least we won't be working weekends so we have that time together.

What does both of your OHs do? Jacks an IT management consultant for a global company called Accenture. He's put into companies (mainly banks) and builds IT systems. TBH after 8 years together I'm still not sure what he does! It does pay very well though and he's a proper little geek so he really enjoys it.

Just watching Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and it's not been on since 2009!? Where have the last 4 years gone? I didn't even notice it wasn't on anymore!

Last edited:
Just watched Wreck It Ralph and shared a popcorn. My 100% week was an epic fail!

Oh man I LOVE cinema popcorn!!

My oh is a chartered accountant, so like Jack he goes to individual companies for work for part of the year. Yuck! But again it's very well paid so silly to complain, but I dont think that makes it any easier at the time of being apart! Xx

I feel like I could eat everything in sight tonight. It's TOTM next week so it could be that or I could just be really greedy. We had one of my favourite meals for dinner - pasta with pesto and all the trimmings (red onion, red pepper, courgette, chorizo, olives, pine nuts and blue cheese). I just had a packet of monster munch too and I could still eat more!

Well Jacks project has fallen through so we're hoping he gets somewhere more local so fingers crossed. If it's not then we'll cope - we have in the past! At least we won't be working weekends so we have that time together.

What does both of your OHs do? Jacks an IT management consultant for a global company called Accenture. He's put into companies (mainly banks) and builds IT systems. TBH after 8 years together I'm still not sure what he does! It does pay very well though and he's a proper little geek so he really enjoys it.

Just watching Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and it's not been on since 2009!? Where have the last 4 years gone? I didn't even notice it wasn't on anymore!

Oh I know accenture, a friend of mine works for them here in Dublin. Huge company! Sounds like a great job.

Peter works for a popular Insurance company, he works in renewals so it's a sales job but he's doing well with it and is happier now than ever before in lots of ways, but the late nights suck for both of us. He works from 9am-8pm most nights because he wants to try and make his target! Pays off financially if he does, but sometimes he's put in all the hours and doesn't make it which is awful (like this month)

Suppose we should be grateful that our men have jobs in this climate eh? Ireland is in a recession so permenant jobs are a rarity and Peter is permenant in his place so we're lucky!

Oh stop, cinema popcorn is my weakness!!

Is wreck it ralph worth a watch?

Xx

Yeah I really liked it.

Food Diary...

Breakfast - ww petit pain (HEXb), 2 ww sausages (1 syn), 1 tsp ketchup (0.5 syns)

Lunch - low fat supernoodles, broccoli, babycorn, courgette, mangetout

Dinner - chilli con carne (0.5 syns) (red onion, red pepper, tinned tomatoes), rf cheddar (HEXa), rice

Snacks - 4 mikado (2 syns), 2 mini meringues (2 syns) w/ strawberries, blueberries & ff natural yoghurt, 1 dessert spoon of ice cream (5 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 herbal tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 11

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 ww sausages (1 syn), 1 small wholemeal (HEXb), 1 tsp flora light (1 syn), baked beans, 2 frylight fried eggs

Lunch - 1 small wholemeal (HEXb), homemade smoked mackerel pate (HEXa), smoked salmon
banana, strawberries, blueberries, 0% greek, 1 tsp sweet freedom (0.5 syns)

Dinner - Sea bass wrapped in Parma Ham (0.5 syns) w/ orzo pasta, 1 tbsp pesto (2.5 syns). lemon, red onion, spinach, 1 tsp pine nuts (2.5 syns), 2 olives (0.5 syns)

Snacks - 4 mikado (2 syns)

1 herbal tea
1 small white wine (6 syns)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 16.5

Ok so only just over but I REALLY want some chocolate now :( Ugh! I swear this used to be easier. I am still under 10st but I just feel so bloated and uncomfortable lately so I want to try and feel a bit healthier.I know I'm probably going to give into my craving too.

Dinner...
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Argh forgot to add the biscuit which was 3 syns!

Total syns = 19.5

Last edited:
Well I've not had dinner yet and I tend to go off plan in the evening so we'll see how I do! Need to add a small biscuit to it but not sure of syns.

Back