Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Oooh fab. Looking forward to seeing your take on it then. Might have to get my hands on one too ;-)

Food Diary...

Breakfast - magic porridge (HEXb), strawberries, blueberries

Lunch - wholewheat pasta w/ 60g ricotta (HEXa), spinach, ham, sweetcorn

Dinner - Homemade nandos style roast chicken w/ SW chips and SW coleslaw (2 syns), 1 tbsp nandos sauce (0.5 syns), chicken skin (2.5 syns)

Snacks - mini jammie dodgers (4.5 syns), grapes, apple, chinese mugshot, 2 mini eggs (1.5 syns), 2 pieces dairy milk bubbly (2 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
1 herbal tea

Total syns = 13

Dinner...
%5BUNSET%5D

Last edited:
Oooh fab. Looking forward to seeing your take on it then. Might have to get my hands on one too ;-)

Having a quick flick through it's worth getting. I think I may even invest in a steamer so I can do dim sum. I've already added a few things missing from my pantry to my shopping list so I have all the basics. These include rice wine, sesame oil, szechuan peppercorns and kaffir lime leaves (the last 2 I've had trouble finding in the past). I'm going to give the book to the OH when I get home and get him to pick out a few recipes he wants to try.

I'm also very excited about our homemade nandos tonight. I'm going to make a batch of coleslaw too. Starving now!

Having a quick flick through it's worth getting. I think I may even invest in a steamer so I can do dim sum. I've already added a few things missing from my pantry to my shopping list so I have all the basics. These include rice wine, sesame oil, szechuan peppercorns and kaffir lime leaves (the last 2 I've had trouble finding in the past). I'm going to give the book to the OH when I get home and get him to pick out a few recipes he wants to try.

I'm also very excited about our homemade nandos tonight. I'm going to make a batch of coleslaw too. Starving now!

The nandos looks gorgeous! Was it tasty? I also love the slippers and PJs ;)

Haha hun I feel like your living in a secret world because ive asked you so many times about your house and never a response! Haha

Uh oh Tracey, I think you lost your way home lol!

Another good day today. I felt very picky. The naan bread with dinner was 7 syns so that restricted my snacking today but that's definitely not a bad thing.

Breakfast - grapes and an apple

Snack - 2 peppermint tea

Lunch - savoury rice (1.5) with hexa cheese and 2 WM bread. This is a random lunch because i out the savoury rice on the toasted WM and cover in cheese. Its so tasty but very carb on carby and salty. I need to maybe only have this once a week.
A small mandarin orange and a kiwi. Didn't feel like enough superfree with lunch.

Dinner - home-made syn free chicken tikka masala (red onion, garlic, passata and ginger) with basmati rice, roasted vegetables (courgette and peppers) and a small naan from tesco (7)

Snack - cadburys caramel chocolate hot chocoate made with water (2) skips (4.5)

Hexa - reduced fat cheddar (40g)
Hexb - 2 wholemeal bread (WW)

Syns - 15 on the button.

I have a busy day tomorrow. Work followed by visiting my grandad (i was advised not to go today as he was sick) go home and quickly make and eat dinner. Get ready for my first Zumba class. Walk there and do the class. Walk home, shower & bed time. I'll be so happy to flop in to ned after all that. And on that note...goodnight x

Your masala looks lovely could you tell me your recipe please x

The nandos looks gorgeous! Was it tasty? I also love the slippers and PJs ;)

Haha hun I feel like your living in a secret world because ive asked you so many times about your house and never a response! Haha

Sorry hun! Everythings good thanks - nothing much has changed since you last asked tbh. We've still got a bunch of boxes in the garage to unpack so we need to dedicate a weekend to getting that done but we keep putting it off as there are always more fun things to do lol. I think once we start getting things moving in terms of getting quotes for the work and applying for loans etc that we'll finally get them out of the way. I think we're definitely going to get the shed knocked down now that it's warmer but the rest will have to wait until I've got a permanent job. I have finally managed to secure a temporary contract with the university which is such a relief. I start tomorrow so fingers crossed it all goes well and I like it! And toes crossed it leads on to more work and will help me look like a more desirable candidate when applying for permanent positions. Overall it looks as though everything is coming together so I'm pretty happy atm! :)

Thanks hun and good luck with your "journey". Are you new to SW and do you have a food diary?

thank you :) no not new to slimming world but I've restarted it and yeah my food diary is below my ticker thing :) xx

Sorry hun! Everythings good thanks - nothing much has changed since you last asked tbh. We've still got a bunch of boxes in the garage to unpack so we need to dedicate a weekend to getting that done but we keep putting it off as there are always more fun things to do lol. I think once we start getting things moving in terms of getting quotes for the work and applying for loans etc that we'll finally get them out of the way. I think we're definitely going to get the shed knocked down now that it's warmer but the rest will have to wait until I've got a permanent job. I have finally managed to secure a temporary contract with the university which is such a relief. I start tomorrow so fingers crossed it all goes well and I like it! And toes crossed it leads on to more work and will help me look like a more desirable candidate when applying for permanent positions. Overall it looks as though everything is coming together so I'm pretty happy atm! :)

Oh sorry hun, I must look so needy now. This is hilarious because you must have responded to me weeks ago when I initally asked and I don't remember reading a response so that was what I was referring too. Sorry! God I am full of Minimins mishaps at the moment ain't I?

Your Nandos looked so nice. Is there something on the chips? They look gorgeous. Would you use one potato if you were making chips for yourself? I hate peeling potatoes but I'm making your hunter's chicken recipe tonight and I'm thinking one potato would be enough for me for a few chips. OH would need two or three though I'm sure. I'm really looking forward to trying this recipe. It seems so quick and simple and SO tasty. Anything with BBQ sauce and cheese is my idea of food heaven.
I have been making the magic porridge and I feel like it's not working for me. I follow the step (except I use a different yoghurt than Muller Light) but in the morning it hasn't changed all that much, or even at all maybe. It is nice but still very raw and chalky tasting. Any advice? I measure the 35g and use one normal sized 0% fat yoghurt and cover in clingfim overnight. I also mix it thoroughly. Hmm, it's bugging me.

Great that you are enjoying the house and I'm sure all the work will come together. Is OH away a lot with work? must be strange having that big house all to yourself a lot of the time. I agree about there being much more fun things to do at weekends. Saturday is usually our day to give the apartment a proper clean i.e hover, wash the floors etc. This Saturday I have agreed to help my auntie tidy her house and cook for her baby's christening on Sunday (which we will also be going to, an all-day affair) and I feel like sulking because I have no time this weekend to just do 'whatever' haha. The following weekend, as far as I am aware, we have no plans. I want to visit a food market and maybe eat out. We haven't done that in a while and now that the weather is (sort of) picking up it is much more appealing. Two weeks from now we're going to the 'Dublin Bay Prawn Festival' in a lovely coastal harbour town called Howth and I'm really looking forward to it. Yummy sea-food and a few glasses of wine, my kind of thing!

CONGRATS on the contract with the University, I had no idea. Was it a specific job you applied for or did you just email a university and ask were there any vacancies? Will you be working in educational admin? Any idea what the role will involve? I hope it leads to a permenant job for you, that would be brilliant. It really does sound like everything is coming together for you, and I'm delighted. How long is the contract for?

x

Oh sorry hun, I must look so needy now. This is hilarious because you must have responded to me weeks ago when I initally asked and I don't remember reading a response so that was what I was referring too. Sorry! God I am full of Minimins mishaps at the moment ain't I?
:)

No worries hun. I think my last post re the house was just about feeling unsettled and that it didn't really feel like home. It's starting to feel better now but I think it will take a couple of years at least to think of Manchester, and not Cheltenham, as home. The new job should certainly help if it goes well (fingers crossed!)

Your Nandos looked so nice. Is there something on the chips? They look gorgeous. Would you use one potato if you were making chips for yourself? I hate peeling potatoes but I'm making your hunter's chicken recipe tonight and I'm thinking one potato would be enough for me for a few chips. OH would need two or three though I'm sure. I'm really looking forward to trying this recipe. It seems so quick and simple and SO tasty. Anything with BBQ sauce and cheese is my idea of food heaven.
I have been making the magic porridge and I feel like it's not working for me. I follow the step (except I use a different yoghurt than Muller Light) but in the morning it hasn't changed all that much, or even at all maybe. It is nice but still very raw and chalky tasting. Any advice? I measure the 35g and use one normal sized 0% fat yoghurt and cover in clingfim overnight. I also mix it thoroughly. Hmm, it's bugging me.:)

No the chips just have frylight and salt on them. Whenever I make chips I always end up peeling more potatoes than I need as once they've been cut into chip shapes they look like there's masses! If I were you I'd peel and chop up one at a time so then you can see how many chips you would end up with. Shame that you didn't like magic porridge. My suggestion would have been that you hadn't stirred them thoroughly enough but then I read that you'd mixed them thoroughly! Mine are only chalky if I've missed a bit of the oats and they haven't been mixed properly so I'm not sure what to suggest tbh hun. Which oats are you using? Maybe it's just not for you!?

Great that you are enjoying the house and I'm sure all the work will come together. Is OH away a lot with work? must be strange having that big house all to yourself a lot of the time. I agree about there being much more fun things to do at weekends. Saturday is usually our day to give the apartment a proper clean i.e hover, wash the floors etc. This Saturday I have agreed to help my auntie tidy her house and cook for her baby's christening on Sunday (which we will also be going to, an all-day affair) and I feel like sulking because I have no time this weekend to just do 'whatever' haha. The following weekend, as far as I am aware, we have no plans. I want to visit a food market and maybe eat out. We haven't done that in a while and now that the weather is (sort of) picking up it is much more appealing. Two weeks from now we're going to the 'Dublin Bay Prawn Festival' in a lovely coastal harbour town called Howth and I'm really looking forward to it. Yummy sea-food and a few glasses of wine, my kind of thing!
:)

I love food festivals - they're my idea of heaven although I always make a beeline for the cheese counter lol! That Prawn Festival sounds amazing. Jacks Dads family are from Dublin so I'm hoping we will have an excuse to visit one day as I've never been.

It's been ok so far with Jack working away. We got used to it before so it's not a complete shock to the system but it still sucks. We've been lucky with his current project so far as he's had a few work from home weeks and when he is away it's only for 2/3 nights. However, this project is due to finish at the end of May so we have no idea where his next one will be and how many days he'll be expected to be in the office. It may even be that he gets no work from home days so he'd be away 4 nights a week which would be really crap. I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. He's also starting to think of maybe leaving the company at some point over the next few years and work for a company where he doesn't need to travel as often. We can cope with the situation at the moment but he already knows that once we have children I need him to be coming home every night - for my sanity and also for him as I'd hate for him to be a weekend Dad and he wouldn't want to miss out.

CONGRATS on the contract with the University, I had no idea. Was it a specific job you applied for or did you just email a university and ask were there any vacancies? Will you be working in educational admin? Any idea what the role will involve? I hope it leads to a permenant job for you, that would be brilliant. It really does sound like everything is coming together for you, and I'm delighted. How long is the contract for?:)

Thanks hun. I got it through a temping agency that I registered with. I only found out I had it yesterday, but that's normally the way it is with temping - you'll get a phonecall about a job and start it the next day. They just knew that I was looking for work with the University, so once a position came up that I was qualified for they just submitted my CV to the manager and they say whether or not they want me. I'll be working as an entry level Administrator with the Physics & Astronomy department. Hopefully it should be pretty interesting, but as long as everyone is friendly then I'll be happy! I'm really hoping it all goes well as I really have put all of my eggs in one basket with thinking that Education Administration is a viable long term career option. Also, the University sounds like such a great place to work and they really encourage staff progression and even have an award winning maternity package which should (hopefully) come in a handy a couple of years down the line ;).
Here's the "Benefits of Working Here" from their website - it all sounds ideal for me and everything that I want from an organisation.
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/jobs/benefits/

Overall I'm feeling very positive at the moment and excited about the future! :)

Thanks hun! :)

Food Diary...

Breakfast - hot weetabix w/ skimmed milk (HEXa) & banana

Lunch - half pk ainsley harriot couscous (0.5 syns), leftover roast chicken, beansprouts, homemade coleslaw (1 syn)

Dinner - sea bass w/ egg fried rice and aromatic veg (broccoli, mangetout, babycorn, red onion, courgette, beansprouts, garlic, chilli, ginger, veg stock, chinese 5 spice, black pepper)

Snacks - 1 mini rocky road bite (2.5 syns), 1 mini cornflake bite (2 syns), 8 mini eggs (6 syns), grapes, strawberries

4 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
1 pukka night time tea

Total syns = 12

Dinner...
My sea bass fell apart so it's a bit of a mess! I need to treat myself to a new non stick frying pan. We have some M&S vouchers so that and a steamer!
%5BUNSET%5D

Last edited:
It's weird (to me at least) how many syns I spend on chocolate now. I have chocolate everyday whereas before I'd probably have it once a week if that. Maybe it's because it felt so naughty but now I can control it!?

A woman at work who goes to group gave me a good idea that I'm testing out tonight. Sugarfree jelly w/ mullerlight. You semi set the jelly then stir through a mullerlight and put it back in the fridge to set and it will come out like a blancmange. I've used strawberry jelly/mullerlight and put some fresh strawberries in too. I'll let you all know how it turns out!

Last edited:
Back