Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Glad you had a nice weekend hun :) job wise, hopefully now you will have the time to find something that's right for you, I'm sure you will and at least whilst looking you will be happier. It's very upsetting and depressing when you are in the wrong job and I have to say congratulations on being brave enough to know what isn't right for you. I have spent years in the past being in the wrong job or something that makes me unhappy but being too afraid of the unknown or to dedicate the time to finding the right thing.

onwards and upwards as they say ;)

Thanks hun xx

We are experimenting a bit for dinner tonight and attempting to make pulled pork with a tenderloin fillet rather than a shoulder as all we can ever find in the supermarket is a shoulder big enough to serve 10 people! I'm going to make some kind of spicy rice concoction and do some homemade coleslaw and maybe corn on the cob with it. The OH is going to have his in a pitta bread I think but I'm having my HEXb for lunch.

I'm thinking of trying this recipe for the rice
Spanish Rice - Tomato Rice Recipe - Spicy Tomato Rice Recipe

Alternatively, I might try this sauce out, in which case I'll make some kind of egg fried rice. I'll see how I feel when I get home as I'm planning to have leftovers with mayflower and veg egg fried rice tomorrow night as the OH will be away.
Spicy Hoisin Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe

glad you had a lovely weekend, sounds like just what you needed. All the food looks good too, love the tin can drinks!

re the pork, the fillet will be fine. I actually prefer that :)

Have a good day

Hey Hun,

Just checking in, sorry to hear your work woes continue. I am echoing your other minis here but you have to do what is best for you, you are lucky to be in a position where you can leave your job if you need to and get your head sorted and give yourself some time, so do it. You will find something else in time and be happier.

Your pork chorizo burger looks heavenly by the way!

xx

glad you had a lovely weekend, sounds like just what you needed. All the food looks good too, love the tin can drinks!

re the pork, the fillet will be fine. I actually prefer that :)

Have a good day

Thanks hun. Those cocktails were amazing, they even set them alight on the bar. Glad to hear the fillet will turn out ok. Any suggestions for what I could do to go with it would be great as really don't fancy it in a roll.

Hey Hun,

Just checking in, sorry to hear your work woes continue. I am echoing your other minis here but you have to do what is best for you, you are lucky to be in a position where you can leave your job if you need to and get your head sorted and give yourself some time, so do it. You will find something else in time and be happier.

Your pork chorizo burger looks heavenly by the way!

xx

Thanks hun. I am lucky but I also think it's allowed me to be too relaxed and I haven't commited to anything hence why I'm facing temping and uncertainty. It's kind of ironic that I left TV production partly down to the lack of job security! I'm feeling a bit more positive although this current temp job depresses the hell out of me so it's a good thing I'm leaving really. They've been really good about it and I've been honest with them (although emitting certain details) and said that I'm going through some personal stuff and decided to go home for a week or so to sort things out. They said they've had fantastic feedback and if I want to come back to the job I can, so that's nice.

I'm hopeful and sure things will work out I just need to be patient and get a bunch of job apps done! I just feel like the job you do and the money you earn defines you in some way. I think that's just because I don't have a career and every job I've ever had has been pitifully paid. When you hear people you went to uni with are doing this and that and have just been promoted and are earning £40k a year it leaves me feeling a bit like I've failed!? I know I'm way too hard on myself and I'm only 26 but there's so much pressure
(from myself admittedly) to compete with my peers. I also absolutely hate it when people ask you what you do and I have to stumble through an answer - I always feel like I'm trying to defend myself which is ridiculous. I'm going to a hen party next weekend and we've all been asked to fill in a mini questionnaire for a game and two of the questions are "what did you want to be when you grew up" and "what did you become". I've just answered "I'm still working that one out..."!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, 0% greek

Lunch - wholemeal pitta (HEXb), rf cheddar (HEXa), lettuce, salad cream (1 syn)

Dinner (planned) - pulled pork w/ savoury rice and homemade coleslaw (0.5 syns)

Pudding - 2 mini meringues (2 syns), mixed berries, ff natural yoghurt

Snacks - carrot, wotsits (5 syns), alpen light lemon drizzle (3.5 syns = tasted medicinal so don't think I'll be having these again), 3 square milka daim (3 syn)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
2 black tea
Sparkling water

Total syns = 15

Last edited:
Just found a pic of me before I lost the weight. I never used to be able to see the difference but when I come across pics like this I can really see the weightloss (also what am I wearing!?)

122_512218051602_7243_n.jpg

Thanks hun. Those cocktails were amazing, they even set them alight on the bar. Glad to hear the fillet will turn out ok. Any suggestions for what I could do to go with it would be great as really don't fancy it in a roll.

Thanks hun. I am lucky but I also think it's allowed me to be too relaxed and I haven't commited to anything hence why I'm facing temping and uncertainty. It's kind of ironic that I left TV production partly down to the lack of job security! I'm feeling a bit more positive although this current temp job depresses the hell out of me so it's a good thing I'm leaving really. They've been really good about it and I've been honest with them (although emitting certain details) and said that I'm going through some personal stuff and decided to go home for a week or so to sort things out. They said they've had fantastic feedback and if I want to come back to the job I can, so that's nice.

I'm hopeful and sure things will work out I just need to be patient and get a bunch of job apps done! I just feel like the job you do and the money you earn defines you in some way. I think that's just because I don't have a career and every job I've ever had has been pitifully paid. When you hear people you went to uni with are doing this and that and have just been promoted and are earning £40k a year it leaves me feeling a bit like I've failed!? I know I'm way too hard on myself and I'm only 26 but there's so much pressure
(from myself admittedly) to compete with my peers. I also absolutely hate it when people ask you what you do and I have to stumble through an answer - I always feel like I'm trying to defend myself which is ridiculous. I'm going to a hen party next weekend and we've all been asked to fill in a mini questionnaire for a game and two of the questions are "what did you want to be when you grew up" and "what did you become". I've just answered "I'm still working that one out..."!

I can completely relate to this hun. Same age as you too and I left a big company a few years ago to get more job security. Always wonder if it was the right choice as I had so many friends there, I loved the fact it was a big company too, felt like I'd made it haha and when I see where everyone else is on fb I feel rubbish as they all have really good careers now. But on the other hand I do hope the saying is true that everything happens for a reason and one day we will get to where we want to be ;)

I can completely relate to this hun. Same age as you too and I left a big company a few years ago to get more job security. Always wonder if it was the right choice as I had so many friends there, I loved the fact it was a big company too, felt like I'd made it haha and when I see where everyone else is on fb I feel rubbish as they all have really good careers now. But on the other hand I do hope the saying is true that everything happens for a reason and one day we will get to where we want to be ;)

Yeah I do think things happen for a reason we just need to have faith in the decisions we've made. Facebook is the absolute worst as you only see the good stuff going on in peoples lives not the bad (unless they overshare!)

I don't regret leaving the BBC as I hated London and knew it wasn't a sustainable career for me as I want children and it's not a child friendly career. It just so happened that my OH got relocated for work and I took the opportunity to try a few things and go travelling which was great. Initially I think I intended to go back but I don't miss it so I have to remember that when I have wobble. You do tend to focus on the good stuff and forget the bad. For me it was being able to say I worked at the BBC which was the wrong motivation. I think a lot of people only do it so they can brag tbh. I know so many people who regret going into TV and now feel trapped so it was the right decision for me.

Unfortunately after a year of fun it's now back to reality with a massive bump and I just think I'm struggling with that.

What did you do/do you do now hun?

Just had a phone call about another temp job. There's no opportunity to go perm and it's not really in an area I'm that interested in so I'm going to stick to my original plan and go home for a week, then hopefully come back to Manchester ready to take on a role. I'm going to be a lot pickier about what I take in future and hope that it pays off. I really think I need this week in Cheltenham to talk things through with family and just to get my head straight and get a bunch of applications done. I've already got plans to meet an old school friend who happens to be in Cheltenham too on Friday for coffee and cake. We're actually going to be each others bridesmaids so there will be wedding talk, but she's suffered from depression in the past (which I don't think I have) so it would be good to talk stuff through.

Anyway food for today! I've been very lazy with my lunches lately and been relying on low fat supernoodles. No veg with them but I've got plenty of fruit for snacks. Today's dinner is something I'm having on a weekly basis lately but it is my absolute favourite meal to have when the OH is away. I'm planning on doing a similar thing to last week and doing a veg egg fried rice, then seperately making the mayflower sauce with shallots and peas and adding leftover pulled pork then pouring that over the top of the rice. I'm going to make enough of the rice for lunch tomorrow too and use up all the veg in the fridge. Mmm I can't wait to get home!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm glad to hear you feel things are starting to sort out, it can only get better for you from now! I really hope it works out with you work wise! A week at home with you family and friends will do you the world of good :)

Food looks lovely! Do you have a nice recipe for the pulled pork? I used the SW mag recipe for it and didn't find it that great! Unless it's my cooking skills! haha

x

Hey, I'm glad to hear you feel things are starting to sort out, it can only get better for you from now! I really hope it works out with you work wise! A week at home with you family and friends will do you the world of good :)

Food looks lovely! Do you have a nice recipe for the pulled pork? I used the SW mag recipe for it and didn't find it that great! Unless it's my cooking skills! haha

x

I haven't really got on with pulled pork tbh. I mainly make it as a treat for the OH rather than because I want it. I did prefer it using a pork tenderloin fillet as opposed to shoulder though. Mainly because there was no fat to trim off, therefore I didn't end up with bits I normally miss on my plate (and a mouthful of melted congealed fat is enough to put you off your dinner!). We just popped it in the slow cooker and I added schwartz bbq seasoning, paprika and salt and pepper and a white onion, but the OH then added a whole load of other herbs/spices including his favourite chipotle chilli so I have no idea what else ended up in there lol! Previous sauces we've had the pork cooking in I haven't enjoyed so I decided to go sauce free this time. I'm sure if you found the right sauce it would be really nice, but I ended up just popping on a bit of asda jerk sauce. I'm really looking forward to having it tonight with mayflower sauce though - that's much more my sort of thing!

Thanks for the tips! I will pop some schwartz seasoning on next time and try the fillet instead (shoulder is just too much for 2 people!) I've seen you talk about Mayflower before! Really want to try it but I think you can only buy online?! What kind of curry taste is it? Like a chip shop curry style sauce? I've no idea! x

Another vote for fillet or something leaner and smaller than shoulder.

So sorry vp I forgot to reply as to what to go with it. When I did Chinese five spice style I did egg fried rice and stir fry veg. BBQ style I did celeriac and Bns chips and coleslaw.

I'd love to try pulled pork. I really must invest in a slow cooker. Would you recommend buying one?

You can seriously notice the weightloss in that photo. It's amazing really! Especially in your face and arms. You still look lovely though :)

That's it, I am buying Mayflower curry sauce. I'm going to go online and do it now. Is it amazon? How much does a packet/box or whatever give you? Trying to decide how much to buy to justify delivery to Ireland! I really like the sound of it though!

Will OH go back to Cheltenham with you for the week? I hope you have a lovely week!

I am currently sitting in work and have been just swept with a massive wave of negativity and stress. Sales is so stressful and I just feel like I want to cry with the stress because I can't MAKE people book something they don't want to. But money-wise I NEED to make my target. This is another prime example of why I want to be a teacher. I'll be here anohter 2 years at least, all going well, and it has lots of positives, but the stress of sales targets is not for me forever! Fine now when I'm young and it's just me and OH and as I said the extra €€€ makes things a lot easier, but not when I have children etc. It's just not me! At the same time teachers don't paid paid exceptionally well. Hopefully I'll move up the ladder within teaching some day. I also want to pursue some counselling and psychotherapy training so that could be another avenue to add to it. I just want a comfortable life where we can still go on a holiday each year, couple of weekends away, eat out once a week and just generally be able to afford day to day life. That's not too extravagant is it? I am not a money-mad person but I love our life and I would hate to really struggle as my own mother did (I am the oldest of 5 and parents are divorced).

Sounds like this should be on my own diary, but I'm putting it here because I can relate to some of the things you've been saying!

x

Thanks for the tips! I will pop some schwartz seasoning on next time and try the fillet instead (shoulder is just too much for 2 people!) I've seen you talk about Mayflower before! Really want to try it but I think you can only buy online?! What kind of curry taste is it? Like a chip shop curry style sauce? I've no idea! x

It's like a chinese curry from a chinese takeaway which is my absolute favourite takeaway so it's a bit of an obsession for me. I've seen people say you can get it in farmfoods and home bargains but I never really shop there so it's easier for me to order it from Amazon. Saying that I think they've just built a home bargains near to my mums house so I may be making a visit to see if I can pick some up next week!

I buy this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007RE3PY0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKQYCOMEJZOD3

It's £1.50 a box and p+p is £2.24 but that's a one off cost so you can get as many boxes as you want (I think) and pay the same postage. It's the closest I've had to the real thing so an absolute staple for me!

It's like a chinese curry from a chinese takeaway which is my absolute favourite takeaway so it's a bit of an obsession for me. I've seen people say you can get it in farmfoods and home bargains but I never really shop there so it's easier for me to order it from Amazon. Saying that I think they've just built a home bargains near to my mums house so I may be making a visit to see if I can pick some up next week!

I buy this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...UTF8&psc=1&smid=AKQYCOMEJZOD3&tag=minimins-21

It's £1.50 a box and p+p is £2.24 but that's a one off cost so you can get as many boxes as you want (I think) and pay the same postage. It's the closest I've had to the real thing so an absolute staple for me!

I tried to buy it and it said it couldn't deliver to my address so I'm guessing they don't deliver to Ireland :(

Back