Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Ah lush, congratulations to your sister.

Don't worry about diets love, just spend time with your family and enjoy it, you'll get back to sensible eating when things are settled again x

Unsurprisingly it's been a very unhealthy week and the result is a 3lb gain so I'm now 10st. Not bad and easy to rectify so I'm not too worried - as long as I get the right attitude back that is. This week has been a bit of a "sod it" one and has involved curry, chips, Chinese, booze and white bread. I need to make sure I'm eating plenty of fruit and vegetables as this week has been a bit lacking.

The funeral is on Thursday so I'm back to Cheltenham on Tuesday until the funeral as the new job have been great and pushed my start date back again which is a relief. I think my anxiety levels would have been through the roof! We're off to watch Greg Davies tonight but we'll eat at home so today will be all home cooked food. We'll probably go out for Sunday lunch tomorrow but no plans apart from that.

Hope everyone enjoys the bank holiday!

Food diary...

Breakfast - 35g porridge (HEXa), 1 tbsp skimmed milk (HEXa), 1 tbsp raspberry jam (2.5 syns), raisins

Lunch - jacket potato, baked beans, rf cheddar (HEXa), bertolli light (1 syn)

Dinner (planned) - haddock w/ chorizo (5 syns), cherry tomatoes, spinach, green beans, new potatoes

Snacks - walkers loops & hoops (4 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 12.5

I've been a bit AWOL this week but sadly my Nan died yesterday. We were really close so it's been awful but she's suffered from dementia for the past 6 years so it's actually quite bittersweet. Now she isn't scared or confused anymore and she passed away before she'd forgotten who we were and she was still 'Nan'. I was meant to be starting a new job on Monday but they've pushed my start date back as I want to be in Cheltenham with my family. So overall food hasn't really been top of my priority list.

I'm so sorry to hear about your nanny. I too am very close with my nanny. My thoughts are with you and your family.

There is a lot going on for you at the moment between that bad news, driving again, the job, your birthday and wedding planning. Try and cut yourself a bit of slack and remember sometimes we need a little wiggle room and food can't always be our number one priority.

WELL DONE on the job, that will look brilliant on your CV and you will learn so much from it I bet. Also nice to know where you stand so atleast you are aware it's only maternity cover, you know? It means you can make plans and know where you stand after etc.

Thinking of you at this time and hope you're OK. Also happy belated birthday and wonderful news about you being an auntie-to-be :) Looks like your niece/nephew will have a cousin that ain't too much younger then them ;) (that's my prediction anyway)

xxx

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, raisins, tiny bit of muesli, chobani

Lunch - open tuna melt (HEXa) made w/ homemade soda bread (HEXb) (0.5 syns for mayo), SW scotch egg (0.5 syns)

Dinner - paprika baked haddock made w/ chorizo (4 syns), tinned potatoes, gnocchi, tomatoes, garlic

Snacks - hotel chocolat choc (2 syns), aero bubbles & galaxy cookie crumble (17 syns)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 23

Lunch...
ForumRunner_20130527_213352.png
ForumRunner_20130527_213402.png

Dinner...
ForumRunner_20130527_213428.png

Made using this recipe - http://www.mummypages.co.uk/recipes/paprika-baked-fish-with-chorizo-lemon-and-thyme

I've eaten but those pics are making me drool :)

Dinner was so yummy and open tuna melts are my latest obsession!

Hi V/P I haven't been around much, I haven't caught up with all of your diary as I have so much to catch up on.
Sorry to hear about your nan.
Congratulations on your new job, good to hear you are gaining confidence with your driving. Hope you and b/f are all settled in the house. Exciting news re your wedding plans and your sister's baby.
Happy belated birthday xx

I love the tuna melts too, it was you that got me started on them way back when you first started your diary!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Suzyflo how are you? And the house, is it finished now or are you still doing it up? Congrats maintaining! I've lost the commitment to it lately but I seem to be getting away with it as I'm just under 10st so hopefully it stays that way!

I'm seriously considering doing a 10k next year for the Alzheimers Society. My Nan suffered from dementia for the past 6 or so years and we went to watch the North Run in Manchester city centre on Sunday and it was really inspiring. One of my best mates is going to do it with me and so is my Mum. I'm hoping I'll be able to get my brother and a few others to sign up too! The run will be on the 18th May next year which will be the day after the anniversary of my Nan's death so it would be a positive way to mark the occasion. And an added bonus is that I'll have no choice but to exercise and get fit, and it'll be just in time for the wedding!

We viewed the first venue we saw again last week and we decided it felt just right. I liked it from the start and nothing else really compared that we saw since, but the OH wasn't so sure. It helped that they were setting up for a wedding so when we were there so a band was warming up and we got to see the table settings and also all the flowers were in bloom in the grounds. My Mum came with us too and she loved it so we're looking at dates for next year! I feel like I'm ready to commit myself to planning it now that we've settled in Manchester and I've got a job sorted. It's exciting stuff!

Exciting stuff about booking your wedding. I think that's a fab idea to do the 10k in memory of your grandma :)

Our house takes priority over wedding but ok with that ... For now! ;-)

Yeah you really have to prioritise as both are so expensive! I think we're hoping to get the shed taken down and the garden sorted this year, along with the lighting and decorating the bedrooms. All of the structural stuff will most likely need to wait. We've also been really rubbish at sorting stuff out but now that I'm feeling more settled I'm hoping I'll be more organised and ready to tackle things. We basically need to just get some quotes so at least we know how much it's all going to cost!

Argh another bad food day. It's mainly because I'm back and forth between Manchester and Cheltenham atm so it's hard to stick to plan (although I could be doing a lot better)! I'm starting the new job on Monday so fingers crossed that should help me to get back into a routine.

H hun, don't worry about the food at the moment, I'm sure it will settle down once you are back in a routine ;)

just a quick comment on your food diary, I don't think raisins are free? Think dried fruit has to be syned, or could be a healthy extra but I haven't got the latest books x

Thanks hun.

No you're right they aren't. I'm not as strict with those kinds of things since I got to target though. Cooked/tinned fruit, Actimels and fat free Onken & Rachel yogurts I don't syn either (naughty!).

It's the funeral tomorrow so I'm feeling a bit anxious today. I had a bit of a 'traumatic' morning as we went to see my Nan at the funeral home and then we went to the cemetery to see the grave site and they were digging the grave. Overall it wasn't a pleasant experience. My Mum is getting a lot of comfort from the spiritual side of my Nan's death so she got a lot of comfort from seeing my Nan again which is great. For me my Nan isn't there anymore and I said goodbye in the hospital and will again tomorrow so seeing her in the coffin didn't really help. The thought of being buried also terrifies me so seeing them dig the grave was an unexpected trauma. I'm really not looking forward to seeing her being buried tomorrow but we'll get through it. So basically my anxiety is really high today and I'm feeling sad again.

On a happier note we booked the wedding venue and the registrar today. I think I just wanted to get something positive done after my Nan's death so this will be a happy thing for me and my family to focus on. My sister also had her scan yesterday which was lovely and she's due on the 11th December. So lots of nice things happening at the moment too!

Out for dinner tonight with Jacks work. We're going for Thai so I'm going to have...
Steamed whole sea bass with chilli, garlic, sliced lime, lemon juice and coriander
Stir fried seasonal vegetables with garlic and oyster sauce
Thai steamed jasmine rice

I can't wait!

Enjoy your meal tonight. Loving your menu choice!

As for tomorrow, celebrate your nan's life and as odd as it sounds, enjoy the day - for her :)

Back