Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Yesterday went well and although it was emotional it was a beautiful ceremony. I did a reading of an Alzheimers poem that my Mum read to me a few months ago and I said it would be lovely if it were read at Nannys funeral so I volunteered to read it. It was the first time I'd seriously thought about her dying so it felt important to do it. I was dreading reading it just before and thought after the first two sentences I'd have to stop but I got through it and I was so pleased I did. The burial was actually ok and all of the family threw a white rose onto her coffin. The rain stopped as soon as we stepped outside of the building and started as soon as the service had finished so she brought the sun out for us. We also found out that my Nan's parents are buried really nearby which we had no idea. Afterwards me and my Mum said we both felt calm and a sense of peace and relief. I did just have a wave when I remembered she'd gone and I'm feeling a bit emotional now but I expect this will happen every now and again.

It's my Nan's birthday on the 29th June and I bought her a card about a month ago so I'm going to write that and get a bunch of flowers for the grave. I'm going to be at Glastonbury so my Mum is going to take them for me. I'm back in Cheltenham again next weekend as it's the OH's Mums 60th and my niece's christening which we're going to be godparents for so I plan to visit the grave on Saturday.

So overall it's been a surreal two weeks, which is the best way to describe it. I think because I've been trying to support my Mum with her grief and organising the funeral that it's only now that it's fully sinking in that I won't see her again. I'm welling up so I'll stop now.

I start the new job Monday! Excited and very nervous at the same time. I drove to Cheltenham on Tuesday and half the way back to Manchester today so I'm feeling slightly more confident with that at least. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine and the job should be fun so fingers crossed it all goes well!

Last edited:
Thanks hun. The job is great so far, I think I'm going to really enjoy it! We have our first event next week so it's busy but it should be fun too so I'm looking forward to it.

Food has been good this week although my appetite has been really small this week and my tummy is quite sensitive so that's part of it. The driving is going well too despite getting lost on my way home/to work everyday so far. I hate my TomTom!

I've been a bit awol lately but I'm still lurking and reading diaries.

Hiya how are you? You have been quiet for awhile:wave_cry:

Hi! I'm still reading but not posting as much. I've started a new job so I've been really busy at the moment and so not updating my diary. I'm still on track and maintaining though! Thanks for visiting :) x

Hi! I'm still reading but not posting as much. I've started a new job so I've been really busy at the moment and so not updating my diary. I'm still on track and maintaining though! Thanks for visiting :) x

How is the job going?

Right I'm back as of today! I've got way too complacent lately and I feel I need to get back in control. We got back from Glastonbury last night and we had an amazing weekend. We did tons of exercise but I also ate pretty badly. The festival food was the best I've ever had though. Not just burgers and chips like at other festivals but falafels, Thai curries and ostrich burgers. It was all yum but I feel the need to detox.

So the plan is to do SW for the next month and try to get my control and attitude back. I'm going to WI this morning and do a weekly WI too although I'm not really expecting to lose much. I don't have digital scales anymore so may just post a picture of the dial instead.

For tonight's dinner I'm planning a Thai green curry made using koko milk. Anyone tried it yet and know the allowance for HEXa? Is it 400ml?

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 small wholemeal (HEXb), 2 bacon (fat removed), 1 frylight fried egg, 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch - jacket potato w/ tuna, red onion, red pepper, sweetcorn, 1 tbsp el mayo (0.5 syns), 5g feta (HEXa)

Dinner - thai green curry (1 syn for 1 tbsp Bart's paste), broccoli, babycorn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, red pepper, 100ml koko coconut milk (HEXa), w/ rice

Snacks - strawberries w/ sweetener & ff natural yoghurt, small bite of burger (2 syns), 1.5 borders biscuits (6 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
SF ribena
Sparkling water
1 herbal tea
Highlights hot choc (2 syns)

Total syns = 12.5

Last edited:
Welcome back!

We don't have digi scales either anymore but I'm tempted to get some as james keeps dabbling with the dial!

I've had a couple of dodgy pairs so I've given up on them now. Tbh I never trust a single pair of scales I step onto anyway!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, danio 0% (1 syn)

Lunch - leftover thai green curry (broccoli, mangetout, babycorn, red pepper, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots) w/ noodles (0.5 syns) (HEXa)

Dinner (planned) - Chilli con carne (red pepper, red onion, tinned tomatoes) w/ rice (0.5 syns)
, wholmeal garlic pitta (HEXb)

Snacks - grapes, jaffa cake (2 syns), few mouthfuls of icecream (8.5 syns), sainsbury's popcorn (2.5 syns)

2 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Water
Sparkling water

Total syns = 15

Last edited:
So nice to see you posting again! I'm delighted the new job is going well and WELL DONE on staying under 10 stone. You really are amazing! I think you are a perfect example of someone who has lost the weight, lives a nice life and has a social life, and doesn't pile back on the pounds. You are really mindful and as soon as you feel yourself slipping you really take control and get back on track. It is hugely inspiring.

I am a bit of a moaning Michael at the moment. Been doing this new plan for 3 weeks now and not much of a result. I've gone in by a few inches but not much weightloss and I feel that if I had truly stuck to SW in that time I would be down a lot. I'm really disappointed and don't really know where to go from here. I don't want to be a quiter but I want to lose weight and be sane. It's a really weird place I'm in at the moment.

Lovely to see that you are back! How is the new house and job?

Aw thanks hun. I'm not sure what to say to be honest as I don't consider myself a "dieter" in a way. I'd be rubbish at anything stricter than SW as I love my food (and carbs!) way too much. I'm sure the amount of exercise you're doing is part of the reason why the scales aren't showing results but the inch loss is proving you're losing weight. Maybe just stick with it for a few more weeks and see if you get results. Well done again on your determination. It really is really impressive that you've taken on such a rigorous diet and exercise regime - it proves you have the will power and determination and you should be very proud of yourself!

However, I can complete
ly understand why you're fed up! I'm sure that now that you've done this diet you would find it easier to stick with SW. I suppose the biggest danger of SW is the temptation to go off the rails as it is more relaxed than most diets. But I think it's just saying no to eating out/booze although I know how tough that is as I love eating out more than anything and I really missed my wine!

Whatever you decide good luck with it hun, but you've certainly proved that you are determined to lose the weight and get to goal so I'm positive you will. Just try not to put too much pressure on yourself and relax about the timescale. I know you're doing it for a cause as well as for yourself but try not to pile on the pressure too much.

Back