Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

I'm so annoyed with myself lately! I have zero self control and it's not going to be long until those scales start creeping up. Because I seem to be eating with no consequence I'm being so much more relaxed with what I eat, especially at the weekend. I really need to try to have a good couple of weeks just so I feel healthier. No plans this weekend so fingers crossed I can try to be a bit more restrained!

Seems a lot of us are struggling at the mo. I'm pinning everything on hitting it hard when james goes on deployment.

I blame Summer - too many opportunities to go out! My friend ended up popping round last night which resulted in an unplanned easy dinner and a glass of red! Only 4 syns over so it could of been worse.

Yesterday's Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, strawberries, blueberries, danio 0% (1 syn)

Lunch - lf supernoodles, broccoli,.babycorn, mangetout, spring onion, 1 babybel light (HEXa)

Dinner - wholemeal pasta w/ pesto (2 syns), chorizo (2.5 syns), olives (1 syn), sundried tomatoes (0.5 syns), red onion, red pepper, pine nuts (3 syns), rf cheddar (HEXa)

Snacks - ryvita minis (HEXb), 3 mikado (1.5 syns)

Red wine (7.5 syns)
3 tea w/ skimmed milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 19

Last edited:
Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb1), ss milk (HEXa), banana

Lunch - 2 wholemeal (HEXb2), egg mayo (0.5 syns), lettuce

Dinner - Pork loin (fat removed), SW chips, peas, frylight fried egg

Snacks - wotsits (5 syns), 4 mikado (2 syns), Greek mullerlight (0.5 syns)

3 tea w/ ss milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water
1 pukka night time tea

Total syns = 8

Calorie counting today as I was out for lunch and had something completely off plan!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 small wholemeal, 1 tsp flora light, 1 tsp marmite (208 cals)

Lunch (out) - bacon & brie triple decker sandwich and chips, ketchup (1110 cals)

Dinner - orzo cooked in chicken stock w/ chicken, spinach, shallots and red peppers (555 cals)

Snacks - 1 mikado (11 cals)

3 tea w/ skimmed milk (35)
Sparkling water

Total cals = 1919

Last edited:
Wow! Never heard of a triple decker. Sounds awsome lol ;-)

Our food shop is arriving tonight so we have no fruit or veg in the house at the moment so I haven't had any today :(. Back to my 5-a-day min tomorrow. Also toying with the idea of 5:2 before my holiday at the beginning of Sept to drop a few lbs. Is it worth it? Slightly concerned I may end up passing out/strangling anyone with food in their hand....

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HEXb1), skimmed milk (HEXa), sachet of sweetener

Lunch - ww wholemeal pitta (HEXb2), egg mayo (0.5 syns), 2 bacon fat removed

Dinner - bird's eye chicken in a light batter (5.5 syns), SW chips, peas, pickled onions, ketchup (0.5 syns), el mayo (0.5 syns)

Snacks - mullerlight greek (0.5 syns), 4 mikado (2 syns), wotsits (5 syns)

2 tea w/ss milk (HEXa)
Sparkling water

Total syns = 14.5

Last edited:
Another naughty meal and I feel enormous! I've ordered some digital scales to see if being able to see every 0.1 lb helps to keep me on track and the OH seems to be up for trying this 5:2 diet. I'm going to need to do some serious meal planning if we actually decide to see it through. I need some control back so I'm hoping this helps! Meal ideas very welcome!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - banana, blueberries, blackberries, greek 0%, sweet freedom (169 cals)

Lunch - half a pack of boots sushi, half a ww pitta, carrots, rf houmous (410 cals)

Dinner - roast chicken, broccoli, mangetout, stock potatoes, carrots, parsnips (438 cals)

Snacks - 2 sm wholemeal, rf cheddar, ketchup, 1 mini shortbread, 2 vienesse biscuits (541 cals)

Drinks -
1 sm pinot blush, sparkling water (180 cals)

Total cals = 1738

Ok so the 5:2 thing looks way too intense I really don't think I can do it. I think I'm going to try calorie counting with MFP for a bit as I'm being really crap with SW at the mo, especially at the weekend. Goal is 1500 cals a day and I'll see how I get on. I also really need to start exercising!

Hope everyone's good, it's gone a bit quiet on the forum lately!

Hi hun, just wondered if you find calorie counting easier/more effective than sw? X

Hi hun. It's definitely not as effective as SW but good for maintaining (for me at least). SW definitely makes me eat healthier and I liked being able to eat carbs and still lose weight. I've never really used cal counting to lose weight before but I'm not being strict enough with SW so thought I'd give it a go to see if I can lose a few lbs so I'm safely under target. How are you getting on? Xx

Hiya, I've been nosing at your diary and you seem to like all stuff I do!
Just wondering how much you lost and how long it took you?

Xxx

Hi Laura! I lost 2 stone and it took about 11 months to get to target but I did go travelling for 5 months during that time . When I started I was 11st 12lbs in Jan 2012 then got down to 10st 11lbs by May 2012 when we went away. I then got to 10st 7lbs (my original target) whilst we were travelling (I didn't diet but did tons of exercise and also got a nasty stomach bug :s). I then went back to SW when we got back in September and lost the rest until I got to 9st 12lbs in November. Since then I went as low as 9st 7lbs (not intentional) but now I'm maintaining between 9st 11lbs and 10st 1lb which is what I am atm.

I'd like to get back to 9st 12lbs so that I have that safety net of a couple of lbs as I really don't want it to creep back on. I do feel great as this is the lowest my adult self has weighed. I went up to 12st 6lbs at uni then stayed at 11st 2lbs after I graduated so I just thought that was my natural weight so I was never expecting to ever see the 9s!

Are you following SW? x

Hi Laura! I lost 2 stone and it took about 11 months to get to target but I did go travelling for 5 months during that time . When I started I was 11st 12lbs in Jan 2012 then got down to 10st 11lbs by May 2012 when we went away. I then got to 10st 7lbs (my original target) whilst we were travelling (I didn't diet but did tons of exercise and also got a nasty stomach bug :s). I then went back to SW when we got back in September and lost the rest until I got to 9st 12lbs in November. Since then I went as low as 9st 7lbs (not intentional) but now I'm maintaining between 9st 11lbs and 10st 1lb which is what I am atm.

I'd like to get back to 9st 12lbs so that I have that safety net of a couple of lbs as I really don't want it to creep back on. I do feel great as this is the lowest my adult self has weighed. I went up to 12st 6lbs at uni then stayed at 11st 2lbs after I graduated so I just thought that was my natural weight so I was never expecting to ever see the 9s!

Are you following SW? x

Wow that's amazing! My natural weight is normally between 10 and 11 stone but after having my little boy I'm 13 stone! I've been on all sorts of diets and he's 1 next month and I still haven't shifting the baby weight! I'm on cambridge diet at the mo and lost 8lb, but I'm starting SW on Saturday to hopefully shift my baby weight. I went down to 9 stone a few months before I had him, so my dream would be between 9 and 10 stone!

Xx

Calorie counting again today!

Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, skimmed milk, half a banana (240)

Lunch - 2 sm wholemeal, rf cheddar, rocket, chutney, el mayo (264)

Dinner - spanish inspired cod w/ roasted potatoes, tomatoes, chorizo, red onion, garlic & baked eggs (575)

Snacks - grapes, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries w/ yeo valley noughty, 1 apple, half a tin of sweetcorn2 squares mint aero (370)

Drinks - sparkling water, milk in tea (35)

Total syns = 1449/1500

Dinner...
%255BUNSET%255D

Last edited:
Back