Extra Easy Online - attempting to maintain!

Wow that's amazing! My natural weight is normally between 10 and 11 stone but after having my little boy I'm 13 stone! I've been on all sorts of diets and he's 1 next month and I still haven't shifting the baby weight! I'm on cambridge diet at the mo and lost 8lb, but I'm starting SW on Saturday to hopefully shift my baby weight. I went down to 9 stone a few months before I had him, so my dream would be between 9 and 10 stone!

Xx

Good luck with SW hun I really hope it works for you and you enjoy it as it's such a great diet as you can have normal food and still have treats! I honestly don't think I could do anything stricter as I love food way too much! Do you have a food diary? x

Wow that's amazing. Yeah I really recommend it as without mine I definitely wouldn't of lost the weight as it makes you more accountable when you have to write it all down and you really want to stay on track so you can write down a good day. Let me know the name of it when you start it x

Hi hun. It's definitely not as effective as SW but good for maintaining (for me at least). SW definitely makes me eat healthier and I liked being able to eat carbs and still lose weight. I've never really used cal counting to lose weight before but I'm not being strict enough with SW so thought I'd give it a go to see if I can lose a few lbs so I'm safely under target. How are you getting on? Xx

Thanks for replying :) thats good to know. I'm struggling to trust sw to be honest and still cant help mentally counting calories to make sure I dont go over and sometimes it leads to bad choices like I will have a protein shake or half a protein bar rather than a banana as in my head I think it's the same calories!

However managing to stick to sw most days and hovering around 10.12 at the moment. Had a few naughty weekends and its my birthday on sat too so this will be another bad one. Keep trying though :)

Hiya Love

It's gas, you are so right about the forum being quiet lately. I find we're all on different wave lengths. For example when I start posting a lot I find other people don't, lol.

I'm currently not on plan, but not being awful either. I haven't weighed myself but I will on Thursday before I go on holidays so that I have something to compare it to. I plan to enjoy my holiday and come back to Slimming World after. I was really starting to get back in to the grove of it, but then London happened, and now the holiday on Friday. When I get back from holidays I have no holidays or anything planned for the year so I should have a clear run at it and please God I'll shed a couple of stone. I am feeling pretty good all in all, don't really know why but I am!

Your dinner last night sounds gorgeous. Was it nice? Oooh where are you doing on holiday? x

Calorie counting is eye opening!!! When you have a bad day it's atrocious! I must have had almost 2 bottles of wine on Friday night and a (very) drunken curry plus my normal healthy lunch and breakfast and it came to over 3000 calories!!!!!! Even when I had, what I thought, was a not so bad day I was over 2000. Eek!

I'm aiming for 1500 cals a day atm and this last week it's been difficult to stick to. I'd say I managed it every other day.

I must do better this week. I probably won't post to here everyday but I am tracking on MFP.

Anyway this was dinner. It was very yum!

ForumRunner_20130818_200327.png

Vermicelli w/ scallops, prawns, cod in a half fat creme fraiche sauce made w/ 3 tbsps cf, water, shallots, garlic, peas and parsley topped w/ parmesan

Wow that looks fab. It is an eye opener indeed. Im using fitness pal at the mo. on a Normal day I'm hitting 2k lol.

At least you exercise though :). I really need to start doing that!

WI today = 10st 0.8lbs

Yesterday's Food Diary

Brunch (out) - sausage, bacon, 2 poached eggs, beans, 1 slice sourdough, fried potatoes (721 cals)

Dinner - vermicelli w/ scallops, king prawns & cod (435 cals)

Snacks - orange juice, 5 percy pig tails, 1 m&s jaffa cake, 2 squares mint aero, water (356 cals)

Total cals = 1512/1510

Today's Food Diary...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix, skimmed milk, banana (292 cals)

Lunch - sharwoods chilli noodles, mushrooms, broccoli, mangetout, babycorn, mayflower curry sauce (481 cals)

Dinner - gammon w/ homemade SW chips, peas, frylight fried egg, 4 pickled onions (547 cals)

Snacks - grapes, yeo valley noughty, edamame beans, 2 mikado, 1 percy pig tail, 2 tea w/ skimmed milk, 6 squares mint aero (475 cals)

Total cals = 1665/1510

Last edited:
Your lunch today sounds yum!!

How are you finding the calories counting vs SW? Or maybe it's too early to tell!

SW is better for losing weight but I wasn't following the plan properly and I'm mainly looking to maintain so I thought I'd give cal counting a go. Only temptation is to have chocolate instead of fruit but I'm sticking to the general principles of SW in terms of snacking on fruit and veg and having it with meals, and trying to stick to 1 HEXa & 1 HEXb a day where I can. How are you getting on? x

That's what I'm trying to do. On a normal Sw day i could easily still do well over 2k in cals lol

SW is better for losing weight but I wasn't following the plan properly and I'm mainly looking to maintain so I thought I'd give cal counting a go. Only temptation is to have chocolate instead of fruit but I'm sticking to the general principles of SW in terms of snacking on fruit and veg and having it with meals, and trying to stick to 1 HEXa & 1 HEXb a day where I can. How are you getting on? x

Well last week was BAD!! But it was my birthday, so in the grand scheme of things I'm not too worried :)
I did have a sneaky look on the scales on Fri morning (normal WI) and I was 3 lb up!!! But I'd been out for cocktails, wine and a 3 course meal the night before ;)

Not recording it officially and just taking a "holiday" week!

Back on the wagon today though and was very much looking forward to it! Whilst it's nice for a treat every now and again, I definitely don't like the way it makes me feel anymore. Can't believe I ate like that all the time!

I find it really affects my runs too and I had such an awful run on Friday evening. Determined for it not to happen tonight!!xx

I wouldn't worry too much about the gain - you're right it's probably just water retention and a big meal! Hope you had a lovely birthday!

Yeah it's hard to believe sometimes the amount of c**p used to eat and I would go a week without fruit/veg. It's definitely a huge lifestyle change and it amazes me how aware I am of what I'm putting into my body now compared to now I used to be.

WI today = 9st 12.0lbs :)

Back