Extra Easy Days Extra easy only, how much lost,

I've only doe EE for 5 weeks and I've lost 7lbs!! If I hadn't tried cheating the 2nd week I'm sure I would have lost more. It so easy to follow and the meals are so "normal" as other's have said. I'm NEVER hungry, in fact some days I feel like I've eaten LOADS! It's totally sustainable and can be continued once target is met without much thought ( I think, cos I haven't got there yet).

Give it a go, if it doesn;t work for you you can always chop & change your days. I wish I'd found this years ago!!

Wow, some great losses there! I haven't been convinced about EE.....until now, think I will give it a whirl, now that I think I've got my head around it:

1 x HE A
1 X HE B
Any Free food from Red or Green Day
1/3 Superfree Food on plate.

My question would be for breakfast, I have a boiled egg (courtesy of our chickens :)) with a slice of wholemeal bread, I don't really need anything else or want to be cooking that time of the morning, would just having that make EE a no no?

Whack on some mushrooms with it, or I top my toast with chopped spinach (very nice with the egg). Have a grapefruit with it or another bit of fruit and you are good to go xx

I can lose interest if its not quick enough,, but also a plan that is livable that doesnt make you feel like you are on a diet is a bonus.
I think you hit the nail on the head- SW is not the quickest weight loss plan out there, and it is tempting to go for the quick fix, but I know I personally I couldn't maintain that long term (plenty do and have great success, just not my cup of tea)

I did green/red/mix to max for 1 year and lost 4 stone, then EE arrived and I switched immediately and lost my remaining 4 stone on that, so losses were the same, it's just that EE allowed me much more freedom- especially when eating out.

Good luck- and remember to think of it as a lifestyle change and not a diet- it really is the key to long-term success for many

xxx

I started S.W at the end of October and have only done E.E. so far have lost 30lbs which I'm super chuffed with especially after xmas, new year and my birthday. steady losses that slowed a couple of weeks ago to 1lb a week, then a 2lb gain (moving house didn't help!) but lost 4lb last week and if the scales this week are anything to go by are looking at another 4 for this week! Super chuffed with it and so so easy!!

Also all this is without fully fullfilling the 1/3 super free.... I try to snack on fruit but can't say every plate is a third superfree....

Do you think it will still work once you are within a healthy BMI?
As people have rightly pointed out, this is a healthy way of eating - a plan for life rather than a diet.
I wonder if once you're not really overweight anymore if you will struggle to carry on losing without making further cutbacks?
My BMI is 24 but I want to get to about 21 - where I was before I got pregnant again
I'm struggling to lose on red and worry about how I will do on EE.
I'm desperate to do it though - now hubs has decided he needs to shift a bit of weight it will be so muchceasuer if we can both eat the same thing!

Do you think it will still work once you are within a healthy BMI?
As people have rightly pointed out, this is a healthy way of eating - a plan for life rather than a diet.
I wonder if once you're not really overweight anymore if you will struggle to carry on losing without making further cutbacks?
My BMI is 24 but I want to get to about 21 - where I was before I got pregnant again
I'm struggling to lose on red and worry about how I will do on EE.
I'm desperate to do it though - now hubs has decided he needs to shift a bit of weight it will be so muchceasuer if we can both eat the same thing!

When I was nearer target, I couldn't have eaten what I ate when i started and still lost weight- I gradually started to focus on portion sizes too.

In the beginning I just got so excited by free food I ate loads, and being the size i was I still lost weight, but the smaller you are the smaller the energy you actually need. Now I always eat a recommended portion of food (eg 70g dried pasta) but promise myself that if it isn't enough I can have more as it is free food- I very rarely have more despite the fact that before i would have eaten as much as was on my plate (and that was a lot!)

Still stick to plan, but just make sure you are listening to your body and only eating until satisfied- your body is actually pretty good at regulating itself if we learn to tune ourselves back in (as opposed to ignoring it and starving/stuffing ourselves in cycles)

xxx

Yeah, maybe that's why red works for me...harder to overeat chicken and veg than a plate of pasta!
I'm sure my hungry/full gauge is broken. I constantly seem to be hungry...can eat to popping point and still be hungry again 30 minutes later!
Lol, maybe I need a hobby!

I do the red and green plans as I struggle with veg. I find these to be fine, OK my losses arent high flying but I enjoy my food and dont find these plans an issue at all. It all depends on your food likes and dislikes I really like the red plan as I love fish,poultry and meat.

Yeah, maybe that's why red works for me...harder to overeat chicken and veg than a plate of pasta!
I'm sure my hungry/full gauge is broken. I constantly seem to be hungry...can eat to popping point and still be hungry again 30 minutes later!
Lol, maybe I need a hobby!
Hungry or craving? It is so hard to differentiate. The following helps me:

• Am I 'hungry' for a particular food?- If the answer is "yes" I am not really hungry (if you are truly hungry, you just want food)
  • Did the 'hunger' happen suddenly? If the answer is "yes" I am not hungry- hunger takes a while to set in
  • Will I feel guilty after eating this? If the answer is "yes" I cannot be hungry- eating food when hungry is satisfying a basic bodily function- overeating mindlessly is not!
Hope this helps xxx

I have been doing EE for 5 weeks and have lost 11lbs ...... I have not been 12.12 for YEARS !!!

I think its brilliant and also all the family can eat the same without any worries

Just over 2 and a half stone since September :)

Biggest loss in a week -10lbs xx

Hungry or craving? It is so hard to differentiate. The following helps me:

• Am I 'hungry' for a particular food?- If the answer is "yes" I am not really hungry (if you are truly hungry, you just want food)
  • Did the 'hunger' happen suddenly? If the answer is "yes" I am not hungry- hunger takes a while to set in
  • Will I feel guilty after eating this? If the answer is "yes" I cannot be hungry- eating food when hungry is satisfying a basic bodily function- overeating mindlessly is not!
Hope this helps xxx

This definitely sounds like me! I think I'm a typical boredom eater....I hardly think about food when I running round with the kids...once they are tucked up in bed food is all I think about.
Thing is I'm generally too tired to do anything active...I try to get the Wii out but don't offer have the energy. Shame my biscuit holding hand doesn't run out of steam!!

This thread has been really interesting reading all the replies and success stories,, very motivating indeed! So thanks for all the replies and it seems it has really helped some others decide that this could be the plan for them too, so very exciting. Can I ask quick questions about the EE then,, just to clarify -

Do most people just eat 3 meals a day or do you snack between? If you snack is it just fruit and yoghurts etc or do you still snack on say meat or carbs (free on g or r days?)

Do most people find the spend their hex's at breakfast with cereals, milk, toast etc,, as I think this is what I will have to do. Dont really fancy pasta or meat at breakfast :eek:

Thanks again for all encouragement, you lot rock!:D

More often than not I will use my HE in the morning. I could not be without coffee through the day so I always have 250ml of Semi skimmed for my HEa. For my HEb I sometimes use it for nimble bread and have a bacon sandwich (using syns for butter) or I'll have cereal. I like to keep my HEb for alpen bars too so if I want to do that then I'll have a fruit salad and yogurt for breakfast or a ham/bacon & mushroom omellette!!

I snack through the day on fruit, yougurt and aplen light bars. Dependant on my choice in the morning. I try to use my syns for extra's to meals ie: cheese, mayo, butter, nuttella, extra bread if i fancy toast and treats!

Everyone is different but I found it a little confusing in the beginning. I put on in my second week as I was trying to find my feet.

After the first week or two I am sure you will find a way that works for you but remember (and It took me a couple weeks to get this) fill your face with fruit and veg where-ever possible!

This thread has been really interesting reading all the replies and success stories,, very motivating indeed! So thanks for all the replies and it seems it has really helped some others decide that this could be the plan for them too, so very exciting. Can I ask quick questions about the EE then,, just to clarify -

Do most people just eat 3 meals a day or do you snack between? If you snack is it just fruit and yoghurts etc or do you still snack on say meat or carbs (free on g or r days?)

Do most people find the spend their hex's at breakfast with cereals, milk, toast etc,, as I think this is what I will have to do. Dont really fancy pasta or meat at breakfast :eek:

Thanks again for all encouragement, you lot rock!:D

I have lost 9.5lbs in 4 weeks with EE :D

I try to eat 3 meals a day and I do snack on fruit or home made soup if I am really hungry.

HeA - skimmed milk - for coffee
HeB - cereal or toast

xxx

Hi everyone
Just joining this thread to follow EE! Hope it's not too good to be true. Been on it for a week on tues. starting at 12 stone 13. :)

I stick to Ee most of the time and lost every week for 33 weeks! I am now at Target having lost 6.5 stone and I now feel fit and almost all my problems have vanished!
Pete

Back