Extra Easy question

N1CK1

I am going to do an extra easy day and just want to ask if chilli con carne, made with lean mince, tomatoes, mushrooms and other veg, kidney beans and brown rice will be OK for an evening meal?

Yes that sounds fine, I do extra easy all the time and those are the sorts of meals I have. Just make sure you have a third of your plate super free, I normally have a salad with chilli so that I get my superfree.
:)

KJX

Just make sure your mince is extra lean!

Also have a tip for the mince which i do with mince when i cook it for the other half. Cook it once and each time fat comes off drain it. Once its cooked pop it on kitchen roll and clean ya pan out. Then if you want to make it extra lean pop it back in the pan. You will be surprised how much fat will come out of lean mince. Also if you pack the sauce with superfrees then you can count them(i would think dont do ee lol)

I always drain my mince and amazed how much fat come off it. I will try doing it twice now. Thanks for the tip :)

There is no reason why you can't add soya mince to fresh mince when you're doing EE - I often do to make it stretch further (my OH won't eat soya mince on it's own but doesn't mind the two mixed).

The only proviso with EE is that you eat at least 1/3 superfree foods, the rest can come from Red or Green lists.

Denise

Back