Extra Easy Extra Easy - should it work?

Lisaberry

Silver Member
I need to make something work. I know doing red days works but I crave carbs so much and having a husband a and two kids means life would be so much easier if we could all eat the same thing.
when I do EE I put on weight, get scared and run back to red, then I get bored and fed up, cheat and put on weight. I have lost and gained the same few pounds for (wait for it) 2.5 years. I can't for the life of me get it right.
I am desperate to lose the rest of my weight by this summer and EE just sounds like a dream so why does it not want to work for me?
has anyone overcome any initial EE problems? Do I just have to give it a month without getting on the scales, though I find a day without checking in hard, think I'd go to pot with a week let alone a month.
if anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

You say you put on with EE, over what period? What does your food diary look like when doing EE? Are you getting 1/3 super free in? Are you sure that the cheats and tweaks that you're using on a red day you're also using on am EE day?

There are lots of reasons EE won't work, some people who have been doing red and green for a long time just can't get their head around it. Personally, I really like it and it feels like even less of a diet BUT I'm not a massive carbs eater (apart from occasional rice) so use it mostly for baked beans, cous cous and rice.

You could try doing EE but weigh out your free foods as they contain the most calories. Thats what i did for alot of my journey, use the amounts in the red and green plan as a guide to help and just adjust up and down accordingly.

I definitely definitely eat at least 1/3 superfree.....
live never really given it more than a week, if I put on in that week then I'm too scared to keep going.
My A would always be skimmed milk, my B 2 alpen lights.
i have never done green either because it doesn't seem to work.
Perhaps I should start a food diary on here...get some tips on where I am going wrong?

You could try doing EE but weigh out your free foods as they contain the most calories. Thats what i did for alot of my journey, use the amounts in the red and green plan as a guide to help and just adjust up and down accordingly.

Thanks - yes, perhaps especially for the carby free foods weighing it out would help...unfortunately my eyes are not bigger than my belly and a massive plate of pasta wouldn't beat me if put down in front of me

live never really given it more than a week, if I put on in that week then I'm too scared to keep going.
Perhaps I should start a food diary on here...get some tips on where I am going wrong?

A food diary would definitely help as it's difficult to work out where the problem is without knowing what you're eating. I see that you say you have the same HE all the time? It might give you a boost to try and change these up for a week. What about your syns? Are you using them all?

I do think that the reason there are three plans to follow is that we're all different. I know that I don't lose if I follow the green plan, even if I stick to it 100%, so I just don't do it, I stick to EE and red days but I only found this out by experimenting, noting my food meticulously and sticking to the plan rigidly.

I definitely think you should start an EE food diary.
You also need to give EE more than a week. You may have a small initial gain as your body gets used to it but if you persevere for a month then you should start seeing real results.
Starting a diary is a good start. If you stick to it properly you don't need to pile your plate high with carbs as you'll be satisfied with balanced eating.

Thank you everyone!

I have just started my food diary called 'Lisaberry's Extra Easy Adventure'. I'm going to update it completely honestly and hopefully some of you experts will be able to give me some pointers!

thanks!

What about doing a mix over the week. I try + do 2 green, 1 red + 4 EE days - that way ur body doesn't get used to just 1 plan and u don't get bored.

Feel free to check my diary - "eating right to be slimbysummer" :) x

What about doing a mix over the week. I try + do 2 green, 1 red + 4 EE days - that way ur body doesn't get used to just 1 plan and u don't get bored.

Feel free to check my diary - "eating right to be slimbysummer" :) x

Thanks, I will have a look. I think I will definitely still do some red days....I prefer mashed swede or cauliflower to potato anyway and I'm not fussed by roast spuds but things like Bol just aren't the same without the spag!

How's it going? When's weigh in day? X

Thursday! Ive been sticking to it but I bet I don't lose, argh! How's your week going? X

Wait for it....I PUT ON 3 pounds!!!!!

this does not work for me does it?!?!
no cheat days or anything....only had bread once (hexb) and 1 hot cross bun which I synned all week...I didn't have pasta, the only major carby thing I ate was smash and 1 jacket potato and rice 2 times.

gutted!!!'

Back