Extra Easy Snacks - any suggestions

vicibrown

I've just joined SW and am in my first week. Our consultant suggested that it's sensible to make up some SW snacks and have them ready in the fridge so that if you get hungry you reach for them instead of the crisps/chocolates. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking of having a cooking day on a Sunday so I have some food prepared for nibbling on in the week. All I've come up with is boiled eggs for snacks, any ideas?!

Usually in my fridge for snacks are seafood sticks, cockles, SW quiche or cold meats. Pickles are also good to snack on, i.e pickled onions, gherkins, beetroot x

Ghurkins (if u like them) lol i eat nearly a whole jar sometimes, fruit with fat free yourgurt, mug shots, i agree with seafood sticks aswell yum, cooked meats to pick on

jelly sweets made with hartleys sugar free jelly and an extra sachet of gelatine or 2 depends how firm you want them

I like pickled eggs, pickled onions, gherkins,

like others have said, ham, crabsticks, cherry tomatoes, mugshots, fruit, muller lights

low syn chocolate like curly wurly (5.5 syns) freddos (thin they're 5 syns)

My advice would be to try and make sure you eat enough for your meals so you don't want to snack, if you think you want to snack have a glass of squash or water to see if that helps first

Chicken Fillets (ie get some chicken breasts and chop them up and sprinkle with paprika, cajun spices etc)
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
Boiled Eggs
Homemade Coleslaw
Mullerlights
Pickled Eggs, Pickled Gherkins, Pickled Onions and Beetroots
SW Quiche (fat free cottage cheese mixed with 4 eggs, bung in ham or salmon and lots of superfree veg, chives, black pepper etc) bung in oven for 20-13 mins. YUM!
Baked Potato Skins?

I mix fat free fromage frais with sweetner and almond essence and have it with fruit. It tastes like a cherry bakewell tart, and the fromage frais is more filling than yogurt. Finds it stops me wanting biscuits and cakes at 3pm. Not an easy feat! :p

Loads of other great suggestions above! Good luck with your SW week!

Yes seafood sticks are free if you are doing Red days or EE days! To make the slimming world quiche I just mix half a tub of cottage cheese (low fat) with 5 eggs and throw in whatever takes your fancy...I usually put onions, mushrooms, ham or bacon in mine and I also sometimes do a ham base. I use the silicone muffin case and I just put a slice of ham in each and then fill with the mixture....bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes, until they are golden and they are syn free and yummmmmy warm or cold x

Ohhhh some fabulous suggestions! Thanks people! Definitely going to be making that SW quiche! I also like the sound of those jelly sweets!

me too cloudyjane.... I'm a serious sucker for a biscuit. could eat them all day! They are the biggest reason I'm 17 stone! :(

I mix fat free fromage frais with sweetner and almond essence and have it with fruit. It tastes like a cherry bakewell tart, and the fromage frais is more filling than yogurt. Finds it stops me wanting biscuits and cakes at 3pm. Not an easy feat! :p

Loads of other great suggestions above! Good luck with your SW week!
That fromage frais sounds amazing!

Yes seafood sticks are free if you are doing Red days or EE days! To make the slimming world quiche I just mix half a tub of cottage cheese (low fat) with 5 eggs and throw in whatever takes your fancy...I usually put onions, mushrooms, ham or bacon in mine and I also sometimes do a ham base. I use the silicone muffin case and I just put a slice of ham in each and then fill with the mixture....bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes, until they are golden and they are syn free and yummmmmy warm or cold x

Im loving the sound of the sw quiche!! Love even more the idea of the ham base in the muffin case!! Off to don my apron and cook!!! :D

Back