Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

I think the SP looks doable, but I'm getting to it slowly by doing EE as normla this week (and using up the perishable Free foods that aren't S or P) and when completing my food diary I'm looking up if they're S (speed) or P (protein) or just F (free) and noting the letter next to the item.This has already highlighted the fact that my fruit preferences aren't actually speed foods when I'd just assumed they would be (as my Nan said - 'assumed makes an ass out of u and me').

So next time I shop (later today no doubt) it'll be for S & P products only...

No... bananas; blueberries; cherries; grapes; kiwi; lychees; frozen mango; pineapple; or sharon fruit ... for a few weeks.
Instead I'll have... apples; clementines; melon; oranges; plums; frozen raspberries; and strawberries.

Thank goodness, the veg I like has all got the S symbol next to it!

I didnt get a new member talk, i was the only one joining last night, but she didnt really do a proper class, where they talk about how the week has gone it was more of a chat about the new packs, so it was like a new member talk really,

This sounds like a red day with a few tweaks doesn't it? I always had my biggest losses doing red days so this sounds like it would suit me

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I get the new book this afternoon but have had a quick scan through my mums as she got hers on Monday

So.....do you now have to weigh stuff like pasta/rice/potato etc? If so I'm glad as I never ever agreed with the consultant standing at the front going on about how much pasta you could stuff in - really annoyed me!! SW really need to start educating peopel about portion sizes!

I'm quite excited about the new plan/new year/new me!!

Ok - have just had a look on the sw website and it seems SP is a different plan to EE and you can do either. Looks good though and a great way to boost weight loss when you need to

The SP plan isn't for all the time - just when you need a boost. (Max 2 weeks at a time my consultant said - and not for pregnant ladies or people with diabetes). Mostly they're saying EE with an increased focus on Speed and Protein foods. Makes sense I suppose.

Thank you for this thread.

I rejoined yesterday after leaving in June and the consultant wasn't or wouldn't give a new me never talk as she expected there to be many people there next week!
All she asked me is if I recall the EE plan and said I could read the new SP plan myself!!

So actually sat there drinking a coffee whilst the helpers took money and weighed in people and gave the new packs out.

I know there was only probably me joining but still!!

The OP explained it so well! Thank you!! X

You are very welcome hun.
I have just found this on another forum too so will add to my original post.

Extra Easy SP
50/50 of Speed & Protein foods.
1 HEA choice
2 HEB choices
Enjoy 5-15 syns a day

2.jpg

You are very welcome hun.
I have just found this on another forum too so will add to my original post.

Extra Easy SP
50/50 of Speed & Protein foods.
1 HEA choice
2 HEB choices
Enjoy 5-15 syns a day

View attachment 161680

Oh. My consultant didn't say anything as definite as half and half. Or in the new Food Optimising book.

Thanks for this - I've been losing/gaining the same 3 lbs for weeks now - need a boost to get me to target

My consultant put out plates with the proportions on, and hers was also 50/50 for S/P foods so I'll give that a whirl for a week - not sure my H is going to enjoy upping the pulses (to eat, or the after-effects) :(

I'm also going to have to change my normal breakfast of pineapple, mango, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries - will have to replace the first three with a selection from melon, blackberries, plums, apricots and peaches. And will have to rethink my daily snack of bananas and grapes

As for dinners, will be upping the butternut squash and reducing the potatoes, I guess. Often I cook rice for H and have cauliflower rice instead, so will carry on with that, and limit the amount of pasta (that will be tough!)

Still, if it works . . .

It makes sense that it should be a fair mix of both - my mind just panics when ratios and percentages are mentioned as I have a tendency to take them too literally. (Honestly, I work with highly autistic teenagers at a special school, and know exactly how they must feel on this taking things literally thing). Then there's the mass v. volume / before or after cooking question if it's a recipe like meat and veggies in a chilli (which change size as you cook them) Not to mention pulses that increase in size and weight when cooked. I shall have to take this NON literally or I'll end up being far too much of a pedant about it and never attempt more than 2 days in a row of it, which would be a shame. I'm going to say 'a good mix' of P and S to get me through it.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg

Here's my meals so far today. Please let me know what you think as it is brand new to us all I appreciate any feedback and I will give you feedback too if you want it on your meals.

Breakfast:
250ml semi skimmed milk (HEA)
2 Weetabix (HEB)
3 clementines
1 Apple
Tea using milk from (HEA)

Lunch:
I got the English Breakfast idea from the book in the new pack called "Everyday Extra Easy" and the meal ideas in there have "SP" written next to them if they're suitable so I decided to have it for lunch. Check out the book if you've not looked at it I got a few ideas from it.

I had 3 pieces of bacon with fat removed
Fried egg cooked in Frylight
Baked beans
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
Half a piece of Warburtons thins for 2.5 syns.

Snack
Salted caramel green tea
3 clementines

Dinner
Beef steak, peas, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar grilled tomatoes, runner beans & roasted butternut squash.
Hope everyone's had a great day.
Stacey xxx

Last edited:
I just had a quick look on the sw official website and it does state this if anyone is unsure. I had to double check as I was unsure too lol...

"Speed awareness!

Fill at least half of your plate with Speed foods S where you can and make them your first choice between meals.

Make sure P choices such as beans or peas form part of your P (Protein-rich) food proportion rather than your S (Speed) proportion"

If you are a paying member you can view the Extra Easy SP feature here.....

http://group.slimmingworld.com/useful-features/extra-easy-sp.aspx

Hello, new here! Hope you don't mind me joining in...must admit my mind is a little boggled and I think I may have shut out most of what my consultant said after she'd dropped the "no more green days" bombshell!

I do feel a bit daunted by SP --- to be honest I think I need to get a good few weeks of EE under my belt before I can begin to think about it!

Hello, new here! Hope you don't mind me joining in...must admit my mind is a little boggled and I think I may have shut out most of what my consultant said after she'd dropped the "no more green days" bombshell!

I do feel a bit daunted by SP --- to be honest I think I need to get a good few weeks of EE under my belt before I can begin to think about it!

You don't have to think about it at all! It is an alternative if you need a boost, but you don't have to do it.

Hello all - I'm rejoining SW in a few days after previously losing over 4 stone of baby weight. Problem was I then had another baby and have piled it all back on!! I am really keen to give SP a whirl to boost my loss but am breastfeeding. Anyone have any ideas whether this counts me out, or whether I can still do SP? And if so, do I just follow the plan but add on my additional HEx allowance that I'm entitled to as a BFing mum or are there other adjustments I need to make? TIA x

Back