Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

Hi Slimming Kitchen and everyone else I'm joining up tomorrow night and really love some of the menu ideas here - and all the great clarification around SP :)

Welcome Hun and I'm glad you like my thread xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have decided to try SP for this week and see how it goes. So today I'm having:

Breakfast/ 2 low sausages (Morrisons NUME) 2 syns, egg, toms, mushrooms and baked beans.

Lunch/ Chickpea dahl (Morrisons) large salad/ lettuce/cucumber/onion/beetroot/grated carrot. 2 slice wm bread (400g loaf) HE B 1

Dinner/ Chilli/ large salad and may try the cauliflower rice.

Snacks/ SP fruit, plums, satsumas, melon. 2 alpen light bars HEB 2. Will use HEA in coffees throughout the day.

Better have a good loss as the above is nowhere near what I would normally eat on EE.

Can you have sausages and dahl? I thought it was predominantly S and P foods and no branded item carries those symbols.

I read it it as you can have foods like that occasionally but not often.

That's how I understand it as well jay lou

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Can you have sausages and dahl? I thought it was predominantly S and P foods and no branded item carries those symbols.

I read it it as you can have foods like that occasionally but not often.

Oh ok,. I thought you could still have the dahl because its free and the sausages are just out of my syn allowance which can be used on anything. Thats the way I understand it but you have got me thinking about the free branded food though.:confused:

No, it's only S and P,not free foods generally.
Sausages are a tough one, I wouldnt have them on SP, they are from syns but have a free food allowance contained in them if that makes sense?!

No, it's only S and P,not free foods generally.
Sausages are a tough one, I wouldnt have them on SP, they are from syns but have a free food allowance contained in them if that makes sense?!

Thank you, I did not think of it like that. I've already had the sausages but did change my lunch from the dahl to mussels and a large mixed salad. It's just getting into the mindset of it after having so much free reign with EE.

I think I might try this next week if I can get my head around it can you have butternut squash chips on this plan sorry if it's already been mentioned haven't reAd through yet x

Hi,

I've been trying out the SP plan since my meeting last week, I'm a little confuse though and wondered if anyone can answer a question for me?

The SP plan seems to be carb free so to speak, but can I have carbs (such as curly fries :) ) and use my syns? Can I choose any HexB options? so could i have 2 slices wholemeal bread as HexB or use syns for them?

I'm thinking I've followed the plan today, but I'm not sure because I've used 5.5 syns on the above mentioned curly fries - I am very confused by this so Thanks in advance x

Hi little.

You cannot use your syns for any carbs as this will then revert to an EE day. I don't get it myself but it won't count and the idea is to be totally syn free. So you can spend your syns on chocolate for example but not carbs! Strange but that's the way it works!

In regards to the HexB, you can pick whatever you like. They do say it's best to have a P if you can but there aren't many so it doesn't matter.

SP day

Today is my first EE SP day and I *think* I've done alright!

Breakfast:

Melon with 1 hifi light

Lunch:

Roasted veg (butternut squash, leek, onion, carrot) with quorn chicken pieces

Snack:

Melon and pear

Dinner:

Chicken Breast with Broccoli, cabbage and carrot.

Snack for tonight:

SW donuts made of 60g wholemeal roll with nutella in as syns.

Hopefully this is alright!

Today is my 3rd EESP day and my first 'Meat Free Monday' of the year.

Here's today's food. Hopefully I've got it right...

Extra Easy SP

(S) = Speed (P) = Protein

Breakfast: Granola Berry Bowl
-
30g Special K Red Apple and Raisin Granola (HExB)
- 1 x strawberry muller light Greek style yogurt (0.5 syns)
- Mixed berries: raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and strawberries (S)

Lunch: Spicy Lentil and Vegetable Chilli
- chickpeas, green lentils, red lentils (P)
- green beans (S) courgette (S) carrot (S) red pepper (S) peppers (S)
garlic (S) tinned plum tomatoes (S) and onion (S)
- paprika, cayenne chilli powder, oregano, vegetable oxo cube

Dinner: Roasted Pepper and Feta Wrap with Rainbow Salad
- 45g Feta cheese (HExA)
- 1 x BFree Wheat and Gluten Free Wrap (HExB)
-
8 olives in brine (1.5 syns)
-
mixed salad leaves (S) red onion (S) cherry tomatoes (S) peppers (S) and beetroot (S) cucumber (S) roasted red peppers (S)

Other:
- Apple (S)
- 1 x greek style strawberry mullerlight (0.5 syns)
-
1 x Special K Chewy Delight Dark Chocolate (4.5 syns)
- milk (1.5 syns)
- 1 x Cadbury’s Caramel Highlights Sachet (2 syns)

Healthy Extra A: 45g Feta cheese
Healthy Extra B: 30g Special K Red Apple and Raisin Granola, 1 x BFree Wheat and Gluten Free Wrap

Daily Syns: 10.5 / 15
Weekly Syns: 28.5/ 105

Last edited:
Kay - did you mean to put down your Bfree wrap as your other Hex B, as you've syn'd your Chewy Delight?
I like the sound of your chilli :)

ooops! Well spotted! Thank you Cloudy, that's what I was supposed to do. :giggles: I'll edit it now.

Thank you - I really enjoyed my chilli for lunch today. Which is a good job as I've cooked a batch of it and having it for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.

KW x

ooops! Well spotted! Thank you Cloudy, that's what I was supposed to do. :giggles: I'll edit it now.

Thank you - I really enjoyed my chilli for lunch today. Which is a good job as I've cooked a batch of it and having it for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice.

KW x

I really need to batch cook some suitable meals so that there is ready food when I need it! I notice you had a yogurt and syn'd it for breakfast. I think I might end up doing that too as I'm struggling for suitable breakfasts. Good luck x

I really need to batch cook some suitable meals so that there is ready food when I need it! I notice you had a yogurt and syn'd it for breakfast. I think I might end up doing that too as I'm struggling for suitable breakfasts. Good luck x

It's always handy to have some meals in for days when you don't want to cook.
I love yogurt and granola or magic porridge for breakfast - it's just so easy to take in and eat at the desk.

Thank you x

Hi little.

You cannot use your syns for any carbs as this will then revert to an EE day. I don't get it myself but it won't count and the idea is to be totally syn free. So you can spend your syns on chocolate for example but not carbs! Strange but that's the way it works!

In regards to the HexB, you can pick whatever you like. They do say it's best to have a P if you can but there aren't many so it doesn't matter.

Yes you can I don't know where you got that from it quite clearly states you can have your usual 5 to 15 syns and it definitely doesn't specify where they can come from chocolate is just if not more carb heavy then potatoes

Nowhere does it say don't spend your syns on carbs

If I've misread it please can you point me in the right direction

I think I might try this next week if I can get my head around it can you have butternut squash chips on this plan sorry if it's already been mentioned haven't reAd through yet x

Hi Hun
Butternut squash is a S food so you can enjoy it freely on the SP plan. I made some chips with mine the other night and they were lovely xxx

Yes you can I don't know where you got that from it quite clearly states you can have your usual 5 to 15 syns and it definitely doesn't specify where they can come from chocolate is just if not more carb heavy then potatoes

Nowhere does it say don't spend your syns on carbs

If I've misread it please can you point me in the right direction

but potatoes, for example, don't have a syn value as they are free. You can have then as an optional free food, but this defeats the object of SP.

I honestly think if you want carbs, then don't do SP, just stick to EE.

Back