Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

I'm excited to start.
I have extra time tomorrow so I'm going to make an Omlette for breakfast. Eggs P, mushrooms, tomato, onion and pepper all S :)

Do you all follow SP for breakfast?
I usually have cereal, milk for breakfast (a&b) so if I add some fruit for S, is it okay to leave the P?

I have been having some strange breakfasts, left over bolognaise last week and prawns, peppers, onions and courgette on toast this morning. Probably over keen but I think trying to get the Ps in is a good idea anyway to keep hunger at bay for the morning. I have always tried to have an egg when I can for breakfast for this reason.

2nd SP day completed and I have been feeling satisfied all day. Quite surprised how I am coping without many carbs.

Syns are carbs unless you're having oil or fats as carbs are just sugars so wine chocolates biscuits cakes are carbs

I've looked on the q&a section of the EE SP plan article and it has been emphasised over and over again you can choose to use your 5-15 syns on whatever you want

15 syns is only 300 calories so the amount of carbs will still be limited especially considering you'd have your big bowl of rice pasta potatoes plus 15 syns on a normal EE day

So if something is already synned like the potato products then surely that can come out of your syn allowance ?

I agree the plan isn't precise or clear and it should really a straight 1 syn per 20 calorie rule for all food not listed with a P or S as that would be clearer

How can a bar of chocolate be ok but not a potato product or synned yoghurt ?

The SP Plan is clear hun.
In the new food optimising book on page 59 it says.....
"Can I still have other Free Foods on SP days?"
Absolutely. If you're hankering for a banana or a jacket potato for lunch, go right ahead. But to truly power up your weight loss stick with SP.

So basically if you really want to boost your weight loss just follow the SP foods, have your healthy extras and enjoy your syns as usual.
SP is there as a low carb short term alternative plan to EE to be used in the times when you want to up your weight losses. Ideal after a holiday or indulgence I guess etc.

You syn a chocolate bar as normal but you wouldn't syn a potato or a Mullerlight because they are a "Free Food". xxx

View attachment 162313 View attachment 162314
Another recipe I threw together tonight from my slimming kitchen lol....

Tonight's Extra Easy SP Dinner
Keema Curry with Cauliflower Rice
Serves 2
Ingredients:
250g of 5% fat or less minced beef
1 onion, chopped finely
2 large carrots, diced
Garlic granules
Chilli flakes
5 tablespoons of tomato puree
5 tablespoons of passata
1 tsp of dried coriander
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of chilli powder
200ml of Oxo beef stock
A nice handful of frozen peas
Some grated cauliflower for the rice.
Method:
Cook the onions, carrot & a good sprinkle of garlic granules in a large frying pan for a few minutes until golden brown. Add the minced beef & break it up with a wooden spoon stirring well until cooked through. Add all the spices & stir well. Mix in the tomato puree & passata then the beef stock. Simmer on a medium heat until the sauce thickens. Grate the cauliflower & place in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water & plenty of seasoning. Microwave for 3-4 minutes & serve.

Another recipe I threw together tonight from my slimming kitchen lol....

Tonight's Extra Easy SP Dinner
Keema Curry with Cauliflower Rice
Serves 2
Ingredients:
250g of 5% fat or less minced beef
1 onion, chopped finely
2 large carrots, diced
Garlic granules
Chilli flakes
5 tablespoons of tomato puree
5 tablespoons of passata
1 tsp of dried coriander
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of chilli powder
200ml of Oxo beef stock
A nice handful of frozen peas
Some grated cauliflower for the rice.
Method:
Cook the onions, carrot & a good sprinkle of garlic granules in a large frying pan for a few minutes until golden brown. Add the minced beef & break it up with a wooden spoon stirring well until cooked through. Add all the spices & stir well. Mix in the tomato puree & passata then the beef stock. Simmer on a medium heat until the sauce thickens. Grate the cauliflower & place in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water & plenty of seasoning. Microwave for 3-4 minutes & serve.
?

Nicking this recipe lol xx

Yesterday I made Bolagnese and I had left overs for lunch. I should probably ditch the pasta and go with veg shouldn't I?
Just need to get my head around planning. I could just do an EE day today I suppose

The SP Plan is clear hun.
In the new food optimising book on page 59 it says.....
"Can I still have other Free Foods on SP days?"
Absolutely. If you're hankering for a banana or a jacket potato for lunch, go right ahead. But to truly power up your weight loss stick with SP.

So basically if you really want to boost your weight loss just follow the SP foods, have your healthy extras and enjoy your syns as usual.
SP is there as a low carb short term alternative plan to EE to be used in the times when you want to up your weight losses. Ideal after a holiday or indulgence I guess etc.

You syn a chocolate bar as normal but you wouldn't syn a potato or a Mullerlight because they are a "Free Food". xxx

Yes I am fully aware and as I've said before I am not talking about synning free food like potatoes or yoghurt I'm talking about using syns on food that already has a syn value like curly fries

I suppose the problem with curly fries, a bit like low syn yoghurt, is that some of the food - the potato - is free food and only the fat is counted as syns. So yes you are syncing the fat your are eating but you are also eating some free potato. It is allowed but probably best not to do it with every meal or have a big proportion of it at one meal.

My consultant checked this out with ho, someone who synned the nandos rice on an eesp she was told that you can't do this as it has the free food allowance in it and she would have been better on an ee day. I.e best to stay away from carbs at all on eesp except for your healthy extras

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well I've just spoken to head office and I was told something completely different !!!

On the new SP plan you can use your syns for any EE synned product even 0.5 syn yoghurt or potato waffles curly fries etc it's up to you how you use your 15 syns a day.

Yes you can't suddenly syn free food eg like plain potatoes or fat free yoghurt but you CAN use already EE synned products regardless of the free food element as essentially it's still low carb and restricted since you only get a limited number of syns a day

I realise I was wrong with my meal as I had free Linda McCartney sausages instead of the synned ones so essentially I then would have had less syns to spend on other stuff.

She also said synned products with an element of free food would be better then say a snickers bar or other junk food with no free food element

So clear as mud I see !!!!!

SP lunch - fish with parsley sauce (1.5 syns), peas and lots of broccoli - yum. Haven't eaten Peas as part of a SW plan for while.

And I have taken them at the word and had a small spoonful of fat free yogurt on top of my raspberries without worrying about it. Definitely far less than I would have on an EE day when I would probably go for a pot of yogurt with 1/3 raspberries.

Last edited:
Well second day in and my menu for today is:

B/fast egg, bacon, beans, toms, mushrooms

Snack/ 2 alpen bars HEB 1

Lunch/ Iceland chicken tikka slices, (think these are 1 syn for half packet) cooked with red onion, toms, red pepper, basil, large salad 1 wm roll HEB2, 1 tbs light mayo 2 syns, 1 tbs chilli sauce 1 syn.

Dinner/ salmon and lentils/ spinach and large salad. Fruit for snacks/ melon/ apricots

Well I've just spoken to head office and I was told something completely different !!!

On the new SP plan you can use your syns for any EE synned product even 0.5 syn yoghurt or potato waffles curly fries etc it's up to you how you use your 15 syns a day.

Yes you can't suddenly syn free food eg like plain potatoes or fat free yoghurt but you CAN use already EE synned products regardless of the free food element as essentially it's still low carb and restricted since you only get a limited number of syns a day

I realise I was wrong with my meal as I had free Linda McCartney sausages instead of the synned ones so essentially I then would have had less syns to spend on other stuff.

She also said synned products with an element of free food would be better then say a snickers bar or other junk food with no free food element

So clear as mud I see !!!!!

That does make more sense hun. But like another poster said yesterday your syns are to be used on anything you want but syns cant be used on something that is already a free food like standard potato/pasta.
Things like potato waffles & shop bought fries/chips have always had a syn value despite containing potato which is free food due to the added oil etc afterall the syn values for these items are the same whether following standard Extra Easy or Extra Easy SP. We have a limit of 15 syns a day so we are to use them on whatever we fancy and if you want them for shop bought fries etc then why not go for it. Afterall the plan does not tell you what you can and can't use your syns on xxx

Last edited:
My consultant checked this out with ho, someone who synned the nandos rice on an eesp she was told that you can't do this as it has the free food allowance in it and she would have been better on an ee day. I.e best to stay away from carbs at all on eesp except for your healthy extras

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

You can only syn foods that have a syn value.
Any free food such as rice/potatoes/pasta are all free on standard EE and are free on EESP too but they say to try to limit/cut out completely if you want to follow the plan 100% x

That does make more sense hun. But like another poster said yesterday your syns are to be used on anything you want but syns cant be used on something that is already a free food like standard potato/pasta.
Things like potato waffles & shop bought fries/chips have always had a syn value despite containing potato which is free food due to the added oil etc afterall the syn values for these items are the same whether following standard Extra Easy or Extra Easy SP. We have a limit of 15 syns a day so we are to use them on whatever we fancy and if you want them for shop bought fries etc then why not go for it. Afterall the plan does not tell you what you can and can't use your syns on xxx

Nowhere in my post did I say you could syn free food so I don't know where you got that from

I quite clearly said you cannot give free food a syn value but you can have something with free food in it if it already has an EE syn value like potato waffles

Nowhere in my post did I say you could syn free food so I don't know where you got that from

I quite clearly said you cannot give free food a syn value but you can have something with free food in it if it already has an EE syn value like potato waffles

There's no need to be argumentative and rude about it all.
I know you didnt mention synning free food but I only mentioned that to clarify this for other members reading my thread here as it can get confusing for some with it being a completely new plan. xxx

I think it would just be easier if they said eat only S foods or P foods, 5-15 syns, 1 HEA and 2 HEB otherwise what you're having is a normal EE day rather than an SP day. This plan is for a kick start rather than to stick to permanently or have every day so it's going to be a bit more restrictive. By allowing SOME free (but not S or P foods) without specifying how much is acceptable, then it muddies the water. Last night I made a curry with a mixed bag of butternut squash (S) and sweet potato (free but not S) but I have no idea how much of the sweet potato I ate and so whether it would negate the SP day and so whether I should have 1 or 2 HEBs

I'm much happier if I know I categorically can't eat something rather than worrying about whether I can or how much is a "rare occurrence" :D

Back