Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

I've lost 9lbs on this since January 1st, so hopefully it will keep going well for me. Trouble is I like flitting between Extra Easy and SP...so I am torn as to which I should stick too.

I've been doing sp days every other day with extra easy between and have lost 8.5lb so far over the last 2 weeks.
This is a huge loss compared to what I was getting before and fighting for every lb each week. Some weeks I'd be lucky to lose anything,although 100% on plan.
seems to be working for me so carrying on as I am until I need to change things up x

I keep thinking over whether to do some SP days but then talk myself out of it lol Kinda doing ok on EE so don't want to mess with a plan that already works xx

I've found that SP works better for me when I do it for a few days have a good loss then go back to EE for a week.
When I had a good loss then continued with SP I then sts. We are all different though.
For me I think I am better to start my week off on EE then the last 2-3 days before weigh in do SP for a boost and so I dont feel bloated from carby foods xxx

Hi - I'm just starting back after a long break and I'd like to give this EE SP thing a go, but I'm going to be working from the books I got at group last year (before this plan came out). I have been reading back through this thread and I think I understand the new plan. Am I right in thinking that the S and P symbols are not the same as the ones that have always been next to some foods (i.e. in old books), but have been newly devised for the SP plan? I'm just wondering if I need to get the new materials if I want to follow this, as I was not planning to join a group this time.

Yes the s and p symbols are different now. Some fruits are not s and although you can mostly guess ps there are a few surprises. Also the hexb list has changed a bit. You could approximate it using the old book but perhaps a free joining voucher (or an e bay purchase) would be useful if you want to do it accurately.

Thanks Nettee - I thought that must be the case. I actually cancelled an online membership recently (economy drive!), but it looks like I still have a couple of days before my access expires, so I have been able to download the new free foods list. Good job I discovered this today and not this time next week!!

This is a great thread :)

Just started SW over a week ago. Maintained week 1 :( then had a planned but naughty weekend - that's food & wine btw ;) So I thought I'd try EESP Monday - Thursday in the hopes it staves off the damage!!

Thats been weigh in number 3 and i'm another 2lbs down which is great! I have been using the EE plan really this week with a few SP days but I have been replacing potatoes, rice etc and having them a lot less than what I used to. I just seem to prefer having cooked veg instead now after being on SP for the first two weeks :D

.....never thought i'd be saying that! haha

Yes well done thats brilliant losses!
I had 2 weeks SP and only lost 3lb total which i was disappointed with as no different to EE, back on EE this week but with less carbs then i used to and feeling better for it, far less restricted, enjoying food again but tweaked a little to try and maximise loss! Will see how i fare tomorrow at WI!

I've done one day this week on SP the rest will be EE with less carbs. I admire anyone that can stick to SP for a week. I'm a carb bunny x

Thank you! You're doing amazing with it!

Aww thanks it's been hard work tho after my sp week last week I had 3 days completely off plan, oops! Hoping doing sp last week and the final 4 days this week will minimise anything lol-find out in a few hours :)

I've done one day this week on SP the rest will be EE with less carbs. I admire anyone that can stick to SP for a week. I'm a carb bunny x

Sian,thats whats made me so down about the whole plan last week, i LOVE carbs, have pasta and rice salads at lunch and pasta or potatoes every evening.
Thought SP would really boost my loss to have no carbs after being such a carb fiend, so as i had 3 days the 1st week on SP and the full 7 days at 100% on it the second week and lost only 3lb total. I was gutted and really disheartened about it as it was a massive struggle for me to eat well without carbs!
Have reverted to EE this week with reduced carb intake and feel much better and happier for it. SP is obviously having amazing results for some people but clearly doesnt work for me!xx

Only 1lb lost this week but still better than what I was losing on ee. And I'm over my syns for the week. So I'm happy loving all the beans and pulses. Not sure if I'm havin 50% s and p each meal but that what I aim for but do make sure that I have all my healthy extras. Will see what next week brings. Hope everyone else is ok and doing what suits their weight loss journey.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Aww thanks it's been hard work tho after my sp week last week I had 3 days completely off plan, oops! Hoping doing sp last week and the final 4 days this week will minimise anything lol-find out in a few hours :)

Yeah I know the feeling! I had a weekend off plan in week 2. Still maintained what i'd lost the previous though so think the SP days I was doing the rest of the week evened it out......Thankfully!

Only 1lb lost this week but still better than what I was losing on ee. And I'm over my syns for the week. So I'm happy loving all the beans and pulses. Not sure if I'm havin 50% s and p each meal but that what I aim for but do make sure that I have all my healthy extras. Will see what next week brings. Hope everyone else is ok and doing what suits their weight loss journey.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I never really thought about making sure I had half the plate of S foods either.....I probably did on most occasions but never paid any attention to it! On the EE days I find i'm struggling with only having 1 HEb as I was having cereal for breakfast and soup with a sandwich at lunch on SP. That seems to be the only downfall of changing back. Would be quite happy on SP for good with a few potatoes here and there. Does say you can do that if you add another HEa so we'll see. Won't be today though as the baked potato has been had!

Back