Extra Easy SP Extra Easy SP Plan

Well I had my first SP day yesterday. It was ok, better than I expected (I LOVE my carbs).

I had a boiled egg & salad sandwich for breakfast (laughing cow extra light instead of butter) (hex a & b) plus melon and raspberries when I got in to work. I then had turkey meatballs and salad for lunch (yummy bits on the salad too - beetroot, peppers, roquito chilli pepper pearls) and then for snacks I had carrot sticks and I also had some little turkey ham parcels I made with cottage cheese, tomatoes, cucumber and lots of salt in. For dinner I had grilled river cobbler, grilled courgettes with toasted pine nuts (hex b), salad and roast butternut squash.

Today it will be pretty similar I think, I’ve had the same breakfast, lunch & snacks anyway. Not sure yet what I’ll have for dinner. I have a swede that needs using so might make a cottage pie and use that as the topping. What do other people have for dinner?

I essentially haven’t lost any weight since the end of November (I put some on over Xmas, lost that and have been stay the same, stay the same, stay the same ever since) so I’m really hoping this will work and kick start my motivation again.

Courgette noodles have been my go to! If you don't have a spiraliser, you can use a vegetable peeler to make them into strips. Brill substitute for pasta in a whole lot of dishes.

Have you ever tried to reheat?

Yup - done in a microwave at work or just a few minutes in a fry pan. Worked fine! Also made butternut squash "macaroni" cheese.

Ooh, how did you do the butternut squash macaroni cheese? I've been almost 100% SP for the past week and depending on my losses tonight (I definitely feel smaller) I might give it a go for another week, but I am missing my macaroni cheese quite badly!

I have a spiraliser, so used that. Then made the cheese sauce using my HEXA of Low Low. www.inspiralized.com is where I got the idea from.

With courgette noodles; you can have them raw as well. I did a salad of cucumber and courgette from the same website.

Where did you get your spiralizer from please. Have looked on Ebay but they all come from Chine or Hong Kong and I have always had problems buying from there even through Ebay

Hi guys! :D

I'm looking to go back on a full SP week from today until the following Tuesday (At least). Has anyone else done the SP week then had a few weeks EE and then back to an SP week and noticed a change in their losses? I lost 3lbs on SP the first week, which was my first diet week. Past few weeks weight loss has been trailing so looking for a second boost.....along with more restriction so I stop going a bit too wild at the weekend!

hi :) found my losses to be very low on sp, like a bad ee loss...I've lost up to 4.5 lbs on ee a week and sp gave me a loss of 1.5 the first week and 1lb the second...I'm pretty sure I am doing it right, but does your plate need to be half p and half s or can it be mostly s and some p ( which is what I have been doing)

hi :) found my losses to be very low on sp, like a bad ee loss...I've lost up to 4.5 lbs on ee a week and sp gave me a loss of 1.5 the first week and 1lb the second...I'm pretty sure I am doing it right, but does your plate need to be half p and half s or can it be mostly s and some p ( which is what I have been doing)

Needs to be half speed foods and thats the main rule so looks like you were doing it right. My body always loses weight when carbs are cut but maybe yours just hangs on when they're missing :)

Havn't really been following SP this week but have been reducing carbs considerably. Question though- is the 1/2 syn cake allowed on SP days? As it's just made with eggs and quark (P) and sweetner (staple) and baking powder (syn), filled with speed fruit, is it allowed?? :eek:

I'm going back to mainly ee then next week after weigh in on monday then I think...Unless I just fancy a day off carbs...which sometimes happens!!
Needs to be half speed foods and thats the main rule so looks like you were doing it right. My body always loses weight when carbs are cut but maybe yours just hangs on when they're missing :)

I'm doing a few sp days this week with my first ever sp day yesterday. I LOVE carbs and am def a pasta addict lol. However I found I really enjoyed the day off from carbs and loved the 2nd HEb choice.

what took me by surprise was how much I missed the non speed fruits and yogurts. It made me reflect on how much I use them, grabbing a banana, grapes or yogurt rather than reach for speed fruit like an apple or satsuma. I will definitely be more mindful of trying to have more speed between meals even on a regular EE day. Meals are fine because of adding veg for speed but too many mullers a day can't be best!

i will prob only do a max of 3 sp a week and not every week. I think I'd struggle to do a whole week. Does anyone else do this? We had a lady who said she lost more in the week doing both SP and regular EE than a whole week of SP so I'm interested to read other thoughts on this?

I never lost lost loads doing whole weeks of red days but my body responded well to mixing the plans and changing things so it makes sense to me, although everyone is different of course. It's good to have another plan option regardless :)

Hiya,

I generally do 2 days sp a week as I'm a huge pasta, rice etc fan and find that my losses are much better than when I did sp for the full week. Needless to say at the end of that particular week I was disappointed lol but everyone is different, I think I need carbs in my life :)

Michrm thanks for the reply. I def need carbs in my life too lol.
I think I'll try 2 or three sp days this week and see how I go. Part of the reason for me doing sp is that Tuesday night I Went off plan. Pizza, Urgh. Of all things to choose I went for the worst :mad::sigh:. So, this is damage control this week. I weigh in on Mondays so hopefully with the rest of the week good, I'll be ok. I threw a lot of the pizza away and didn't enjoy it at all. Lesson learnt not to order rubbish like that as a knee jerk reaction to a stressful day! Keeping my fingers crossed that SP helps!

Can I just say a huge well done on your weight loss so far! That is an incredible amount to loose in 20 weeks. You must be extreamly focused, how do you feel? Your starting weight is simular to mine and I can't imagine loosing anywhere near as much but I'll give it a damn good try :)
Xx

No probs :) I am super grumpy without carbs so it really is in everyone's best interest lol!

I admire your restraint in throwing some of the pizza away-i fell off the wagon a couple weeks ago and managed to scoff two pizzas-one after the other haha not my finest dieting moment! That week aside when I go off track I do find sp does limit the damage and most times can still come in with a loss which is always a bonus :). In a definite emotional eater which I'm trying to work on as the more weight I lose, the less buffer I will have when it comes to going off plan.

Aww thanks I have to be honest I would never have believed I would be here when I started in Oct-esp having 2 little monkeys ha bless them!
I've had a very up and down journey-the last few weeks have been the worst (I gained 10.5lb a couple weeks ago-oops and whilst I lost it and more the following week it did not feel good!) but I'm feeling really focused again-until the next drama of course lol-so I'm hoping to have a good few weeks. I tend to fall off when I'm near something much like I am now, new stone bracket, next award, but I'm determined this week will be different :)
I feel amazing right now tho as it's the first week I can see the difference when I look in the mirror :). I do pre cook my evening meals (apart from the pasta etc and a veg pack) for me and my son and make a soup once a week for lunch which I think stops me having massive portions, I also snack on speed fruit and drink 4-5 pints of water a day-but I don't like tea, coffee etc so I've only drank water-that and alcohol lol

Good luck with your journey, it will come off :) x

Back