Extra Easy - The changes.....

jaylou

Gold Member
I got the new books yesterday and gave them a thorough reading last night.

The third superfree with each extra easy meal used to be recommended - it is now compulsary.

Superfree foods are now only fruit and vegetables (not including potatoes, peas, sweetcorn)

Eggs, cottage cheese, yoghurts and quorn are still free on red and green but are not called Superfree foods, so your third superfree with each meal cannot be made up of these items.

I think, and I'm waiting for confirmation on this, that you can only have the B choices specified on the orange B choice pages of the book and not any B choice from red/green plans (as previously) - so you cannot have cheese as a B choice if my thoughts are correct on this. (cheese is a green B choice only)

Oh, and you are encouraged to choose superfree foods (fruit and veg) as snacks as much as possible.

Minor tweaks but probably gearing towards people not loading their plates with protein/carbs at mealtimes and keeping snacks lower calorie.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for this info hun, can I just check with you that if you are doing EE its still a B from the orange pages or has this stayed the same?

In the book it says choose a B choice from the orange pages (pg 22-25 of the newest book).
If you are on red or green you get to choose from those and the extended lists (so cheese for a B choice on green but not on EE) - that's if I'm reading it correctly.

When I did my diary on the members website (and this is months ago) they wouldn't let you put cheese in on an EE day as a heb.

Hi

Sorry to be a pain but are baked beans still SS food on the new extra easy plan thanks

The third superfree with each extra easy meal used to be recommended - it is now compulsary.

Hope this helps!
Gosh does that mean you will HAVE to have fruit with breakfast. I relied on eggs and yoghurts !!!

Gosh does that mean you will HAVE to have fruit with breakfast. I relied on eggs and yoghurts !!!

I had to have tinned toms with my brekky and I would normally have eggs as my third superfree!

If we are going to follow it to the new rules I guess we will have to Rosie, but there are a lot of people who will carry on as they have for the last year I'm sure :D
I want to follow it correctly though so I can shift some of this Xmas weight!

Hi

Sorry to be a pain but are baked beans still SS food on the new extra easy plan thanks

Don't confuse SuperSpeed with Super Free.

Superfree are fruit and veg

Superspeed are foods which may help you lose weight quicker and baked beans are superspeed but not superfree!!

So, if I have porridge I would have to have fruit with it? I couldn't just have porridge?

Also, if for lunch I had jacket potato, beans and salad would this be ok or would I need to have some form of a protein (meat/fish)?

My SWC says you don't HAVE to have the superfree food on your plate - so you can still have yoghurt & egg & bacon for brekkie, but then you need to make the 1/3 up - so snack on fruit for the rest of the morning/afternoon if you see what I mean.

This makes it hard for me as I've managed to get out of the habit of snacking so I have to have it at mealtimes, but one solution is to have meringue, fruit salad & yoghurt as a pudding after an evening meal which is just pasta/potato & meat. Looks like there'll be more meat & three veg meals in this house!

What about snacking? Can you still snack on a mugshot or some ham and cottage cheese or do you have to add fruit or veg to your snack?

You are encouraged to choose superfree foods for your first choice for snacks but they do not say you cannot have red/green foods as a snack.

So, if I have porridge I would have to have fruit with it? I couldn't just have porridge?

Also, if for lunch I had jacket potato, beans and salad would this be ok or would I need to have some form of a protein (meat/fish)?

You can have the fruit as a snack a little later if you want - it doesn't HAVE to be in the bowl at the time!

No, you don't need to add protein at all - the salad in addition would be fine :) as it's 1/3 of your plate.

My SWC says you don't HAVE to have the superfree food on your plate - so you can still have yoghurt & egg & bacon for brekkie, but then you need to make the 1/3 up - so snack on fruit for the rest of the morning/afternoon if you see what I mean.

This is where it gets confusing! The books says fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods on many of the pages and in the old book it said "for continued good weight losses we recommend......"
The new book does not say this - it's says to do it!

I've never lost as well on Extra Easy before, and it's very most probably because I need to have that third superfree with my meal. Often I'd fill up so much with my main meal that I'd have to wait an hour or so before I could have my fruit for pudding. If I have more superfree veg with my main meal, I would eat less starchy food and hence less calories. You need the superfree to fill you up and reduce the overall calories in the meal. At least this is what I need. I know many people have lost weight without having a third as superfree so you need to do what works for you.

Back