Extra Easy vs Original and Green?

I've been doing extra easy & lost 0.5lb in 3 wks so this week tried Red & green days (apart fm sat & sun EE as family over so easier) and after a sneaky peak on my scales (which match the ones at wi) I have lost 1lb so think red and green is the way to go for me (occasionally EE). Actually wi is on Tue so will know more then!

prob best to go with whatever feels right for you.

I much prefer green. I don't eat much meat and I love having 2 of each healthy extra. I also like not having to have 1/3 superfree (although I do eat a lot of veg with most meals). I occasionally have an extra easy day when I go out for a meal but otherwise I'm a green girl all the way!

I'm a fan of green and original myself. Recently rejoined class and got the whole extra easy sell again but it just doesn't fit with my lifestyle. My reasons are:

1) I don't eat veg with every meal - I like simple meals and i'm on a tight budget so meals such as beans/spaghetti on toast or jacket potato with beans/spaghetti feature a lot in my diet and I tend eat most of my veg in my evening meal

2) I like having 2 healthy extra's for bread/weetabix and milk/cheese

3) I lose more weight on green/original

4) I enjoy snacking and its more complicated to make extra easy snacks if part of it has to be superfree

5) I'm probably stuck in my ways because I don't like change :8855:

I think thats most of my reasons xx

I only do extra easy! I love it, all the meals I can cook that the whole family can eat. Without the weighing I'd be doing on green/red days. Lost a lot previously doing it. Hopefully will this time too. X

I'm only on EE and have lost almost a stone and a half since July. It's not confusing at all, you eat "normal" - carbs and proteins together and have 1/3 of the plate of veg. You just cut out fats and sugars. Then you only choose 1 option of the Healthy A's and Bs. It certainly emulates a normal plate of food and makes life so much easier when you go out. Simples! ;)

i do a mixture depends on what im having ee is smaller losses

why is it that people do extra easy if going out? is it less syns for meals when going out? sorry if my question seems silly i am still trying to get my head around it

Bye doing the EE when out you can have the meat & potatoes or chili & rice etc so much easier x

I do a mix, but usually only do Red/green by accident. I prefer EE, I find superfree is easy and really love the variety.

For me, currently - it's primarily green with the occassional red day thrown in, and the extremely rare EE. Partly because it's just cheaper for me to eat on green and I don't have to concentrate on the 1/3rd superfree bit - which is a large strain on the budget. Also because I started my journey just before EE was introducted so as I was doing so well on red/green - i carried on as before (and as you can suspect - there were a lot of doubts in a lot of members mind when something as radical as EE was introduced in group).

The real key thing though is that one plan or the other is not a "fit all" solution. Everyone is different, and everyone has different lifestyles. Finding the plan that is easiest for you to keep to is just as important as the one that gives you the best weight-losses - there's no point going out and getting 3lb+ a week losses if by keeping to that plan you are stressing out about it. I'd much rather loose 1lb a week and have an easy life then 3lb a week and be stressed. It's not a race, it's a long term commitment - yes we'd all like to get to target as quickly as possible - but if you can't maintain it when you get there - whats the point?

I'm only on EE and have lost almost a stone and a half since July. It's not confusing at all, you eat "normal" - carbs and proteins together and have 1/3 of the plate of veg. You just cut out fats and sugars. Then you only choose 1 option of the Healthy A's and Bs. It certainly emulates a normal plate of food and makes life so much easier when you go out. Simples! ;)

I started at the end of july and I've lost over 3 stone (but then I have a huge amount of weight to lose). I only do red and green.
I think you've got to do what suits you. Although I prefer red/green, it's sometimes difficult when your trying to find a low syn snack.

There's so many threads on here having the same discussion and they all turn out the same... do what suits you!!

I really understand why some people find EE, well easy! But I think it depends on how you eat/live generally as to which plan works best for you. some people I know do red/green because they find they've no portion control personally on EE. I do green because I'm veggie. My friend does mostly red because she loses weight better on that plan ( I think she was a hunter/gatherer in a previous life!)

Sometimes SW push of EE does irritate me, because yes, it's easiest for some people. But not for all people. There's people in my group that don't even know other plans exist, and they're not losing well on EE. I think SW are shooting themselves in the foot a bit by virtually only promoting one plan

Extra Easy suits me well, although when it comes to my evening meal I don't always have the 1/3 superfree. I eat a lot of things like chilli, curry and risotto, so it can be difficult to fit the 1/3 rule in to it. But I eat a lot of fruit and salad during the rest of the day, and I'm losing weight, so it's working for me.

I find it irritating the way SW push extra easy to new members.

I've never done it personally as I am veggie, even though I told my initial consultant this she still suggested I do extra easy-why? Luckily I had enough knowledge of the plan to question her. I'd really struggle with out my extra HEXs.

When I see the people struggling with the same few pounds week after week I want to scream "try something else!".

Funny, i've sat through the new members talk 3 times now & i've never felt that Extra Easy was being forced on me. My C has also on occassion when theres a veggie join had a whole meeting devoted to green day meals, and whwn he had our 1st bloke join a few weeks ago the discussion was all about red meals.

I imagine most C focus on it as a way of reassuring people that they can still eat normally when on SW.

Extra Easy suits me well, although when it comes to my evening meal I don't always have the 1/3 superfree. I eat a lot of things like chilli, curry and risotto, so it can be difficult to fit the 1/3 rule in to it. But I eat a lot of fruit and salad during the rest of the day, and I'm losing weight, so it's working for me.

When I make a risotto I just throw lots of tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and peppers in. There's the super free, then the rice green, and chicken and bacon red. But I guess it depends on what risotto you're making!

Back