Extra Easy: What do you batch cook ???

Apart from the obvious (chilli, bolognese, curry) the main thing I batch cook is home-made tomato sauce. I add loads of superfree (celery, peppers, carrot, onions etc) chopped very fine, blitz it with a hand blender, then freeze in portion sizes.

You can do stir fry and do jacket potatoes - I have the same problem I don't work shifts but I'm up and out of my door at 6:50 to work in a nursery I need a substantial lunch and I don't have time to prepare in the morning!!

Jacket potatoes ready to reheat at work, BBQ pulled pork, chilli, spag bol, curry, pasta bakes. I keep boiled eggs in the fridge sometimes too, for when I'm peckish. I don't do that often though, I'm no good at peeling eggs!

I've also just discovered Moroccan chickpea and vegetable stew on the SW site which freezes well. Problem is I don't have a saucepan big enough for the quantities I like to cook! Other than that, I batch cook arrabiata sauce, chilli (popular choice), bolognese, various curries (chickpea and sweet potato is a favourite).

Chicken curry/korma all freeze well too..beef stew etc all great and filling too. My sis is a nurse, 12hour shifts too and she finds all these great!

Im doing leek and bacon risotto 2moz and have read this freezes well so if it tastes nice il be batch making this!

My freezer is full of Tupperware full of food.
I tend to make enough to serve 4 and max that get eaten at once is two servings (me and my partner)
I have been following some of the free recipes on the slimming world website
i'm doing extra easy and in the past week I have made large batches of bean chilli, cottage pie, onion frittata, ratatouille and chicken tikka masala.. Ooh and the creamy mushroom and tomato pasta
i love cooking

Back