Extreme reaction to before and after photos

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Just Do It, 20 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Just Do It

Just Do It Full Member

Current Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Hi,
    This was my last week of foundation and I was very surprised to feel incredibly apprehensive when the LLC mentioned getting the before and after photos back.

She actually showed mine to a new lady having a pop in before the meeting started and the reaction of disbelief of the new lady made me quite shakey.

When she eventually gave them out I had an extremely emotional reation, and a physical reaction in my stomach. I was shocked at the sight of myself before. How could I have allowed myself to become like that.

No wonder I feel like a different person, I AM a different person. I am only just realising that the lack of respect I had for my body totally mirrored the way I allowed myself to be treated like a doormat by anyone and everyone.

I am only just realising what a debilitating state of mind I was in at the time, and how that invaded every aspect of my life.

As an example, there are useful technical forums that can help me with my job, I didn't dare even to register. I once had the on-line form on screen as I need an answer to something and I was sweating and backed out without joining.

I had to summon up every ounce of will power to join Minimins. I fretted about posting (still feel a bit nervous). But I can see that as the weight has come off my confidence has been building and I have started to give rep and even my latest achievement PM a lovely person.

How therapeutic is Minimins!!!!

(Sorry for waffling on but I was sooooo affected by the photos I needed to get it out)

Claire

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Crumbs Claire, that is a fascinating post. You sound like a light bulb moment has happened and is still happening. Good for you for realising how you have opened up your world. I am very happy for you.

Mini likes this.
  4. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Hi Claire,

Fantastic post and I think so many can relate to this myself included.

Well done on your wonderful achievement and look forward to seeing your photos.

[​IMG]
    Claim and shout your wonderful success:)

5. Just Do It

Just Do It Full Member

Current Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Thanks

It will take a while before I am ready to let them out in public!

Claire

Mini likes this.
  6. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I am nowhere near my target weight but after losing 6 stones I now too look back at the odd picture I have of me and think just how hideous I had become.
    I now have a couple of them on my kitchen cupboard as a reminder of how far I have come

Mini likes this.
  7. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I can totally relate to this. I look at my before photos with a mixture of sadness (that I got that fat), incredulous (that I didnt fully SEE how fat I was) and joy that I am no longer there, and never will be again. Like you my confidence has incrased but a way that I am no longer as angry as I was before & that feels great. Please do post your pics - this is what keeps me going on the tough days; the reminder from others that it can be done plus its beautiful to see how people (myself included) blossom through the process. Its lovely to share the joy with others & when I saw Ceruleans dotty dress photo it really made my day seeing her so happy and transformed....so go on girl, make my day!! Well done & thank you for sharing & well done for coming so far - not just about the dress size is it - its SO much more!

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.