Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Thank you chezz and sm12 - lovely support from this place :)

I managed to squeeze in my HEB - just got back from work and I called in at the Coop to get some strawberries to have for breakfast. They had Ryvita Minis on offer so I got two bags. One S+V and one sweet chilli. I'd not had them before but the S+V flavour was really good. Useful for when I don't use my HEB for breakfast.

Those and a cuppa will keep me going until it's time for dinner:)

OK - so 1.5lbs off this week :)

I think it could have been more - but I've had two meals *out* and my period is due. Neither of those are excuses!

I'm delighted with my new sticker - 21lbs in the first month is fantastic and I'm really pleased :D

:clap: 1.5lbs off is fab and 21lbs is amazing well done, can you feel the difference?
Thank you! Absolutely I've noticed. Clothes are looser and I've worn stuff from the back f the wardrobe that I haven't worn for ages. I noticed today that I was walking faster but not getting out of breath. Non-scale victories - we love them!

Thursday 13th February 2014

Right - so today started EE but then went Red at lunchtime :)

B : All Bran (HEXB), yoghurt, strawberries

(Was fine, except I'd picked up the Muller vanilla with choc
olate sprinkles instead of the plain vanilla. I don't like chocolate. But, so as not to waste it, I ate it - the strawberries disguised the taste! Luckily, it's still a free Muller yoghurt. If I'd been forced to eat something with syns in that I bought by mistake I'd have been grumpy all day :D)

L : Tuna + cucumber roll, fruit

At a meeting in another organisation's offices. They'd laid on a buffet. My life is filled with bloody buffets! When it's my own company, with my own colleagues I think it's OK to bring my little box of salad in. But not when you're a guest somewhere. So I made the best choice I could, switched to a Red Day and had a small tuna and cucmber roll, wholemeal bread counting as my second HEXB and counting 5 syns for approx. 1 tbslp of full fat mayo. The fruit platter was lovely though and managed to avoid the crisps. Go me, they have been a demon for a long time....crunchy savoury [STRIKE]goodness[/STRIKE] badness :drool:

D : Aldi hunter chicken (3.5), mixed veggies

Tired when I got home, so slammed some chicken in the oven and rooted out some mixed veg from the freezer. It was a lovely mix of cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and PEAS! No HEXBs left so will have to syn the peas... No...I didn't sort the peas back into the bag. I ate the damn things :D. it's not like the SW Gods are going to smite me for it, is it? :fear:I have spare syns, they will have to do.

Snacks: Banana x 2

HEXA1 : Milk in teas
HEXA2 : Probably won't bother now

Friday February 14th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML yoghurt

L : L/o Hunter's chicken (3.5), [STRIKE]small JP[/STRIKE], salad, FF dressing

ETA : Didn't bother with the JP - I don't need two lots of potatoes in one day :) Can always have a snack later.
D : Not sure yet, if I don't go shopping it'll have to be something from the freezer - maybe HM chilli + SW chips + salad. Maybe with some synned cheeeeese over the top :drool:

HEXA : Milk in tea

Snacks : Fruit

Last edited:
Update time :

Added a glass of red wine to my syns yesterday - a big one at 8.5! Took me to 18 for the day, but as I was fairly good the day before I'm not going to worry. It was OK, I didn't want any more though I could feel it going straight to my knees :) My tolerance for the stuff has vanished, obviously.

I've got a pair of jeans on today that I bought ages ago, never worn them as they didn't fit. I usually wear boot cut style, as they're the only ones that go over my huge calves and thighs, but these are straight leg style. I sorted out my jeans drawer yesterday and I have pairs ranging from size 24 to 18, so I won't need to buy any for a while. Some of the size 18s look like they've been around since the 80s!! Stonewash anyone?! :)

Been shopping at Aldi this morning, it was like World War 3 in there. Have the zombies invaded and I wasn't looking? They'd obviously over-stocked on flowers for VDay because there were a LOT of half price roses available. Anyway, I'm stocked up for the week (but not with flowers!) and my fruit bowl is overflowing :)

I really want a decent loss this week - at least 2lbs. No major events this week, so should be a bit more in control of the food than the past couple of weeks.

Today's food - EE

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, ML

L : Pasta n sauce (1.5), salad

D : Roast chicken thighs, dry roasties and parsnips, cabbage, sprouts, carrots, gravy (4)

Coking a roast dinner tonight so I can have bubble and squeak tomorrow with an Aldi lamb shank. Sometimes, the left overs are better than the original meal!

Hope everyone's warm and dry in this foul weather.

Just eaten my dinner - it was lovely. I'm always stunned how using allowable tweaks like Frylight instead of oil and taking the skin and fat off the meat means I can have a plate of roast dinner, smothered in gravy for just 4 syns! (In fact, it was 3, I didn't use all the gravy) :)

And I've got two chicken thighs cooling on the side to use in stir fry or noodle soup in the next day or two and lots of leftover roast veg for bubble and squeak tomorrow.

So having only used 4.5 syns today I shall treat myself to a large glass of red to savour while I watch a DVD. 13 in total for today.

Hmm...one large glass of wine has become two. Ho hum. At least there's none left in the bottle now :)

That puts me at 21.5 for the day - better have a lower syn day tomorrow.

It's Saturday, that's the only excuse I have. Oh...and the wine was a present. Oh well. It's nice wine :)

Sunday February 16th 2014

Not too bothered by the slight blip last night - all the wine is now gone (3 large glasses over two days) and I won't be buying any more for a while. No hangover either, although I did have some weird dreams that may have been wine-related :)

Today has been EE. I'm going to get slightly more OCD about colour coding my diary because I find it a useful visual representation of the 1/3rd superfree. I try really hard to get this into every meal - even breakfast.

B : Wholemeal pitta (HEXB), 3 turkey rashers, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, FF dressing

L : Aldi boil in bag lamb shank (3.5), bubble and squeak (potatoes, parsnips, carrots , sprouts , cabbage, onion ), ML cherry

D : Not sure yet : will edit this later

Well done on the loss :)
And it's great you're feeling a difference now!
I still feel the same as I did when I started 5 weeks ago, can't see or feel anything which is soooo annoying :/
Makes me want to give up, but I must not!! Hopefully soon I will feel something =]

Well done on the loss :) And it's great you're feeling a difference now! I still feel the same as I did when I started 5 weeks ago, can't see or feel anything which is soooo annoying :/ Makes me want to give up, but I must not!! Hopefully soon I will feel something =]

You'll start to feel it soon, look at how much you've lost so far! No-one here wants you give up, either. We're all in this together and you'll be giving someone else inspiration and support even if you don't know it. Keep at it.

Dinner tonight was some HM chilli with salad. Didn't feel that I needed any starchy carbs (apart from the kidney beans in the chilli!). Dessert was an orange.

Snacks today were all fruit - one banana, one plum, one apple, one hard-as-nails nectarine. Oh, and two small slices of cold meat. Is that too much fruit? 5 pieces in a day?

A low syn day to make up for two days over my 15 syns. I've used 49.5 syns in four days, so that's OK. Hoping for some good days before Thursday. I feel like I need to lose 2lbs to be happy. Hopefully, TOTM will be finished by then so any water retention will be gone. Must drink more squash.

Packed lunch for tomorrow is already done - chicken salad. Depending how cold it is tomorrow I might have porridge for breakfast.

Right...that seems to have cleared all the random SW thoughts out of my brain! Sorry :)

Monday 17th February 2014

EE today :

B : All Bran (HEXB), strawberries, Aldi yoghurt (1.5), banana

L : Chicken, salad (lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, tomatoes, onion), FF dressing. Bag of French fries (4 syns)

D : Gammon steak, SW chips, beans or mushy peas (Need to squeeze some SF into this somehow, may have to have fruit starter!)

Snacks : Fruit - 2 plums, clementine

Last edited:
Dinner turned into gammon fried rice instead - easier to stuff it full of SFs that way :)

So - small gammon steak, mange tout, spring onion, celery, green pepper, baby sweet corn stir fried in half a pack of Aldi chow mein sauce (3syns) with a pack of cooked Batchelor's rice mixed through. Couldn't eat it all, but it was scrummy.

8.5 syns in total today - cannot see me wanting anything else tonight except cups of tea :)

Last edited:
Dinner turned into gammon fried rice instead - easier to stuff it full of SFs that way :)

So - small gammon steak, mange tout, spring onion, celery, green pepper, baby sweet corn stir fried in half a pack of Aldi chow mein sauce (3syns) with a pack of cooked Batchelor's rice mixed through. Couldn't eat it all, but it was scrummy.

8.5 syns in total today - cannot see me wanting anything else tonight except cups of tea :)

Ooh that sounds lovely :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

OK - going Green today :)

B : Banana, All Bran (HEXB1), strawberries, Aldi yoghurt (1.5)

L : JP, baked beans,jalepenos, cheese (HEXA1) (also had a sneaky ML yoghurt)

D : Spaghetti + HM sauce (tomatoes, onions, jalepenos) with chorizo (yet to work out syn value) + salad

HEXA2 : Milk in tea
HEXB2 : Not sure yet - but I have just been reminded I could have yet more cheese as a B option on a Green day. :gimi:

Bit of help required - if anyone knows, please? I'm going to make pasta sauce tonight with some chorizo in it. Looking it up, it's 12 syns per 100g on a green day, which is fine, as I'll be splitting the sauce into 2 or 3 portions. BUT - the chorizio I've got is pre-chopped into chunks and it's sitting in my freezer at the moment. How do I know how much to take out that will equal 100g after it's defrosted / cooked? I usually just bung it straight in the pan and it defrosts as it cooks because it's chopped up. I know freezers dry food out so I suspect that 100g of frozen chorizo is going to weigh more when it's cooked.

:sigh: I'm probably overthinking this!

Last edited:
Back