Fabulous first week - now to keep the motivation going!

Well. 3lbs off! :bliss:

It might not be a true reading - might be down to those two days of eating not very much at all, but I'm bloomin' well claiming it and going to work hard to keep it off this week. Only another 2lbs to lose to get my 2 stone shiny :D

Into another stone bracket too. Cannot wait until I'm out of the 20s altogether.

:wow::woohoo:Woop woop! Doing my happy dance for you! :bunnydance:

Don't over-analyse it hun, take the ones where you think you may have been a bit luckier than you deserve because you can be damn sure there will be plenty where you've worked your butt off and it doesn't show. Here's to another great week!

Last edited:
Well done on your loss theria x

Thank you :)

Don't over-analyse it hun, take the ones where you think you may have been a bit luckier than you deserve because you can be damn sure there will be plenty where you've worked your butt off and it doesn't show.

That is an extremely good point! I shall endevour to remember it next time I lose 0.5lb after a saintly week :D

Had a weekend away - I know I've gained a pound and a half back, but I had a lovely time and I am determined to get it back off by Thursday. I'd be very happy with a STS this week if I can manage it.

Very little food in the house - really need to go shopping tonight after work.

Meal plan to follow later - Happy Monday everyone!

Last edited:
Monday March 3rd 2014

Wow, March already?!

Well - after my weekend away I feel like I'm actually missing eating "well". I tried to make good choices, but there were some options that just weren't SW friendly. And I drank farrrrrrr too much. In fact, I spent all yesterday curled up on the sofa under a blanket with a hangover. But hell, I had a good time.

So - only gaining a pound and a half after that seems like a win to me. I am detemined to try to get it back before Thursday so will be as good as possible until then.

Green day today

B : All Bran (HEXB1), ML yoghurt

L : JP, beans, cheese (HEXA1), jalpenos

D : Pasta n sauce (1.5), salad

Snacks : Fruit

HEXA2 : Milk in tea
HEXB2 : Don't know yet - maybe an Alpen Light or some Ryvita

Tuesday March 4th 2014

Right - plenty of sleep and a day's decent food and I feel so much better! I'm not sure if I will pull back the 1.5lbs gained over the weekend before Thursday's weigh in but in the long term it doesn't matter. Life happens outside SW and I've got to be prepared to go with the flow. It's not like this is a short term fix. This is how I intend to eat forever, so the odd weekend off will just have to be managed. I've got a three week hoilday coming up in August though - if I can gain 1.5lbs in a weekend I dread to think :eek:. It's not a beach holiday though, there will be a lot of walking/travelling involved. I will have to expect to gain some weight and get straight back on plan as soon I get home.

Today is Red

B : All Bran (HEXB1), ML yoghurt, strawberries

L : Tuna, mixed salad, pickles, FF dressing

D : Roast chicken thighs, mixed veggies, gravy (4 syns)

HEXA1 : Milk in tea
HEXA2 : Not sure yet
HEXB2 : 1 Alpen Light bar

Last edited:
Life happens outside SW and I've got to be prepared to go with the flow. It's not like this is a short term fix. This is how I intend to eat forever, so the odd weekend off will just have to be managed.

Theria - excellent attitude, and so so true. Good for you! I despair sometimes at the number of people in group who get absolutely wasted and eat a heap of junk at the weekend and are still disappointed when they haven't lost by weigh-in. Seriously? You can't wish those pounds away, you have to work hard! And if you choose to play hard, you have to accept that it's going to be a tricky week. It sounds like you have already discovered and accepted that balancing act, way to go you! Let's hope your determination pays off and the scales are kind to you.

Theria - excellent attitude, and so so true. Good for you! I despair sometimes at the number of people in group who get absolutely wasted and eat a heap of junk at the weekend and are still disappointed when they haven't lost by weigh-in. Seriously? You can't wish those pounds away, you have to work hard! And if you choose to play hard, you have to accept that it's going to be a tricky week. It sounds like you have already discovered and accepted that balancing act, way to go you! Let's hope your determination pays off and the scales are kind to you.

Thank you!

It's amazed me how much genuinely better I feel after getting back on the plan. Admittedly - the hangover receding has helped :p but SW food actually makes me feel great. It's tasty and there's lots of it and I don't have to worry about piling my plate with salad and pasta and meat. How can that be bad?!

I'd like to lose a pound of my gain before Thursday - that'll put me back under 21st (again!) but if it doesn't happen then it will next week. Either way, as you say, I did the crime, now I gotta do the time :D

Theria, I would think of it this way - you haven't actually gained that pound and a half until your *official* weigh-in. I'm really not a fan of weighing-in between weigh-ins (if you catch my drift) as they usually do more harm than good. It seems to have got you focused this week though so let's hope all your hard work pays off. I know the hangover wasn't a lot of fun but it does sound like you had a good time and let your hair down a bit. The key thing is getting right back on track afterwards and drawing a line under the weekend so that you can move on without guilt. The fact that your body craved and was comforted by the better food choices you made afterwards goes to show that it is already adjusting very well to your new habits versus your old ones. You also have your journal here to look back at and remind yourself how lousy you felt on Sunday and how good choices helped you feel better.

But isn't it a bit frightening that we used to do those kind of things to our bodies regularly?! Yikes!

Theria, I would think of it this way - you haven't actually gained that pound and a half until your *official* weigh-in. I'm really not a fan of weighing-in between weigh-ins (if you catch my drift) as they usually do more harm than good. It seems to have got you focused this week though so let's hope all your hard work pays off. I know the hangover wasn't a lot of fun but it does sound like you had a good time and let your hair down a bit. The key thing is getting right back on track afterwards and drawing a line under the weekend so that you can move on without guilt. The fact that your body craved and was comforted by the better food choices you made afterwards goes to show that it is already adjusting very well to your new habits versus your old ones. You also have your journal here to look back at and remind yourself how lousy you felt on Sunday and how good choices helped you feel better. But isn't it a bit frightening that we used to do those kind of things to our bodies regularly?! Yikes!

You are right.

The unofficial weighing on Monday and this morning actually hasn't done me any harm, it has (as you said) focused me. BUT - what if it'd have been a huge amount, which would have upset me? I knew I'd have to pull it back when I came home. I would have done so as a normal reaction to a bit of a blow out. I KNEW I'd have gained something. I should have left well alone and not weighed myself until Thursday. Lesson learned. Thank you.

I do feel like I've adjusted to SW style food being normal. Craving salad is an odd feeling, but I like it :)

And it's bloomin' terrifying that I used to put myself through far worse than this weekend on a regular basis. And not care. No wonder I got fat!

Anyway - roast chicken has just gone in the oven and I've got a pile of lovely veg to have with it, all smothered in gravy. Mmmmmmmm :drool:

Wednesday March 5th 2014

OK - 2 Lenten resolutions have been made!

1. I will not drink any alcohol during Lent
  2. I will not waste any food during Lent

The first is a given, judging by how every time I've had an alcoholic drink since I started SW it's got me into syn trouble :party0016:

The second is to make me think more and plan more. It's not that I waste a *lot* of food. The news reports say the average family throws one third of their shopping straight from the fridge to the bin :eek: but I want to be more mindful of only buying what I need and using leftovers creatively. (Hence dinner tonight!)

So - today is a Green day

B : All Bran (HEXB1), ML, strawberries, banana

L : 70g Chicken (HEXB2) Caesar salad (mixed salad, celery, cucumber, tomatoes) + caesar dressing (3 syns) + 30g cheddar (HEXA1)

D : 2 Cauldron veggie sausages (1 syn), bubble and squeak (boil some potatoes + mash with l/o veg from last night), gravy (3 syns)

(Edited to add - wow, lunch was sooooooo good! Using "real" salad dressing and synning it and with some added HEXA cheese it felt like a proper, luxury salad. I really enjoyed it!)

Last edited:
Just a quick note to record my OCD delight :crazy:

I stripped a spare roast chicken thigh (l/o from last night) of all its meat to put in my salad. Weighed it - exactly 70g!

I had some grated cheddar in a box in the fridge - tipped it onto the scales to measure out 30g-worth - it was exactly 30g!

Little things like that please my ordered, obsessive mind.

Instead of the Cauldron veggie sausages I had planned for tonight I had 2 Linda McCartney red onion ones instead. I'd not tried them before but they are definately going on the shopping list for the future! 20 mins from frozen and they were so delicious!

So I've had bubble and squeak, sausages and onion gravy all for 4 syns! What diet?

Should have listened to MaccaMarsh....

...who very wisely said "you haven't 'gained' anything until your official weigh in".

She was right - I haven't gained anything! :bliss: I am still under that 21st barrier and I have STS since last week. Despite an indulgent weekend away. Whoop whoop!

More focused than ever for this week :cross:

I am now battling through the slightly sickly pages and emails from online SW - I wish there was an option to click that says "Yes, I understand why I didn't lose this week, I'm still on plan. Please just leave me to it!"

Thursday March 6th 2014

Right then - all positive and fired up after mananging to maintain :)

Green today

B : All Bran (HEXB1), ML, strawberries

L : JP, beans, jalepenos

D : Pasta with small portion of HM chilli (beef mince as HEXB2), 30g cheddar (HEXA1), salad

Snacks : Fruit, small bag of S+V french fries (4 syns)

Hmm...no syns in that at all. Might have to have a synned snack for elevensies (see above, they were lovely!) or in the afternoon *slump* :) And I don't know how much beef mince is in the HM chilli portion in the freezer so I'll allow a few syns for going over the HEXB allowance.

Last edited:
:bliss::happy096::banana dancer::party0011::woohoo::party0049::greenapple:

Theria, great result! Congratulations on your maintain, that shows just how much you wanted it and worked for it following your indulgent weekend. I hope you are very pleased with yourself, big old pat on the back!

The cheeky mid-week weigh-in is something you'll have to decide for yourself whether it's a good idea or not. As you said earlier, if it had been a far bigger number you may have been too disappointed and written the week off. If it hadn't shown a gain (bear in mind you can be quite dehydrated after a heavy session on the pop) you may have relaxed thinking there hadn't been much damage and then got caught out once you'd rehydrated. As it was, it seems to have worked out well for you this week, so we can just chalk it up to experience and focus on next week now! I think the thing with this plan is that you never stop learning - if we think we know it all we are more likely to get complacent. I'm eight stones better off but still picking up new tips and strategies all the time.

Linda McSausages get a vote from me as well, as do things that weigh exactly what you *want* them too! Good luck with the lentern resolutions, I ditched alcohol last year and feel a million times better for it! Plus it frees up valuable syns for things like indulgent salads (can you remember when that phrase would have been an oxymoron? ;))

I've never done SW online so I hope you emerge unscathed from all your online counselling. In group at least you can say, I get it, move on!

Keep up all the good work hun, and congratulations again with your progress so far. Looking forward to celebrating your 2 stone award this time next week!

:bliss::happy096::banana dancer::party0011::woohoo::party0049::greenapple:

These made me smile this morning - thank you!

The cheeky mid-week weigh-in is something you'll have to decide for yourself whether it's a good idea or not. As you said earlier, if it had been a far bigger number you may have been too disappointed and written the week off. If it hadn't shown a gain (bear in mind you can be quite dehydrated after a heavy session on the pop) you may have relaxed thinking there hadn't been much damage and then got caught out once you'd rehydrated.

I completely agree - if I'd not had that gain I might have become complacent and thought I could do that every weekend. A difficult balance to be struck, but I have decided for this week to put the scales AWAY and not get on them until next Thursday. I'll see how tricky that is during the week :)

Linda McSausages get a vote from me as well, as do things that weigh exactly what you *want* them too! Good luck with the lentern resolutions, I ditched alcohol last year and feel a million times better for it! Plus it frees up valuable syns for things like indulgent salads (can you remember when that phrase would have been an oxymoron? ;))

Oh yes - I knew it was odd when I typed it :rotflmao:

I've never done SW online so I hope you emerge unscathed from all your online counselling. In group at least you can say, I get it, move on!

Keep up all the good work hun, and congratulations again with your progress so far. Looking forward to celebrating your 2 stone award this time next week!

Thank you very much for all your kind words - I'm aiming for those two pounds this week. I've got a friend coming to stay tomorrow night and I have planned a Chinese feast for us. Chicken chow mein and lamb in black bean sauce with fried rice. Comes in at 13.5 syns for both of us (I've synned every tsp of sesame oil and cornflour!) and I expect there will be leftovers. I can't bear the thought of undercatering :D. So at 7 syns for half the amount that sounds like a jolly good Friday night.

Update to yesterday's food log

OK - so yesterday started out like this :

Green

B : All Bran (HEXB1), ML, strawberries

L : JP, beans, jalepenos

D : Pasta with small portion of HM chilli (beef mince as HEXB2), 30g cheddar (HEXA1), salad

Snacks : Fruit, small bag of S+V french fries (4 syns)

But I got home from work a little early and I was feeling really odd - light headed and faint and a bit woozy. Thought it might be blood sugar levels so I had a cuppa with an Alpen Light bar and a banana. Felt a bit better but 30 minutes later I was absolutely ravenous. Very odd. Despite planning a Green day, at that stage, only meat was going to cut it so I had some lean ham and then cooked dinner.

So - yesterday transfromed into an EE day as follows :

B : All Bran (HEXB), ML, strawberries

L : JP, beans, jalepenos, apple, clementine

D : Pasta with small portion of HM chilli, salad

Snacks : Fruit, small bag of S+V french fries (4 syns), Alpen Light (2.5 syns), 3 slices lean ham
HEXA : Milk in tea

So I think I pulled that one back from the brink :)

Friday March 7th 2014

EE today

B : All Bran (HEXB), ML, strawberries, banana

L : Aldi salmon fillets with ginger lime and chilli marinade (free!), salad, 1 tbslp salad dressing (1.5 syns)

D : HM Chinese feast for me and a friend : Chicken chow mein, lamb in black bean sauce, rice (13.5 syns in total for all of it, will count 7 for my half). SFs will be onions, spring onions, peppers, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, beansprouts, pak choi.

Snacks : Fruit, lean ham

HEXA : Milk in tea

Last edited:
Back