Failure is not an Option- My Diary

Hope123

Hello, this is my first ever diary and hopefully it will help me to succeed on my diet. Like many people I have tried soo many diets and they have never really worked for me. Now I am just going to eat healthy foods and loads of water and see were that takes me.

Exercising is also a big thing for me because I used to go to the gym but now I feel more comfortable working out at home or walking. But I love swimming, I was really good at it when I was a child. It's so sad when I look back at how I did so many sports and activities that I really enjoyed and now I don't do anything. Funny how life turns out,lol.

Anyways, I started my diet today and because I am writting this, things are going well. I feel good and I have so much energy and right now im not craving my special junk foods.

To me this diet feels like it's the one because I am doing it for me, I want to have a healthy body and feel good about myself not for anyone else or just a quick crash diet. I really want this diet to work but if I stop writting this diary it's either im dead or I gave in and gave up.

Which I don't want to do but when you have failed so many times and people around who have seen you fail. Having them say they already know that you are going to fail before you even start doesn't really help. You kinda start to think that you are going to Fail. Am I going to fail and just get big..Bigger...and even more BIGGER until I kill my body. NOO....not this time.

Moving along....My Ultimate Goal is to reach 9stones, if I do that...Wow...Wow, I will so happy. :)

I am currently 12stones 10Ib.(178) and from my BMI, I am currently overweight and until a couple of weeks ago I didn't know that I was overweight and that got to me abit and I want to have a normal weight that's not overweight and nearing to obese, I don't want to be that statistic anymore. I want to be healthy for the rest of my life not just 6 months or year then gain it back but my life time.

My first goal is to hit 12 stones (168) and I am going to hopefully lose around 2Ib a week. The more the better for when I lose less than 2Ib. Also from my calculations if I do stick to this diet I will reach my goal near around my birthday in March next year.

It's going to be hard, I am going to struggle and want to give up but I need to look at the Amazing prize at the end of the road. :)

Last edited:
Today is over, I just have to have my hot water and lemon and it's goodnight. I am so tired.

Day 1-

Pre-Breakfast- Hot water and lemon (to make taste better) - I have this because I heard it helps clean out the toxins quickly and that's good.

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs and water - When I looked at my plate before eating it, it looked so fresh and healthy with the water and everything I couldn't help but smile and the eggs were really good.

Snack- I had a kiwi fruit.

Lunch- I had a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich, brown bread rolls and I took some bread suff inside the bread.

Snack- Had a strawberry yogurt which was 114cal and was good.

After this that's when the problem occured because I started feeling the cravings I was now at home and the television and bored and I just wanted to eat and I wasn't even hungry. Maybe my cause for eating so much junk is because im bored.

Dinner- Rice, sausages and salad with water.

I really really don't like nor drink any water at all but last night I put 4 500ml bottles of water in the fridge and I drank 2 bottles today, which is 1L and I know they recommend 2L but from nothing to 1L is good.

Exercise- I felt like I had a great workout today. I did cardio which was dancing. I love dancing then I worked on my arms and then toned my body by doing exercises to tone the tummy, legs and all that. I got my toning exercises from workout dvd's that I used, youtube and some from when I went to school,lol. So I do things that I know work and I can do and it won't make me hate to exercise then give up my diet. It was weird because I was working myself so hard, feeling hot, sweaty all around my neck and body. I liked it, it showed that I was working myself. Which I think is because I had just seen biggest loser usa and those guys pushed and worked so hard it made me want to push myself abit further.

Ermm, gonna have my hot water and lemon now and then I will be ready to start a new day tomor.

The first few days will be hard, its to be expected, but keep positive, you are doing really well!

I love drinking water, in fact its my drink of choice even when im on holiday lol, but even i keep forgetting to drink as much as i should. When im home i fill a pint glass and just keep sipping it, then filling it up again, when i remember to that is. I do notice a lot of differnce on the days that i drink a lot of water and it really does help with the weight loss.

Thank you Lynn for your comment. It made me smile. :)

------------

Ermm, today was....different. Woke up with a headache and then had my breakfast but after that my mum started feeling ill and sick. Then she started vomitting. This isn't the first time it's happened to her and it's all because of her eating junk food and she felt that this week she had too much junk food. It makes me sad to see that happen to her because I want her to be happy not feeling pain. She did feel better after she had the pills from the doctors and a good night sleep. But it still gets to me and I wanna help her and make all the pain to go away.

Okk...Moving on before I cry....Today I have stuck to my diet, it was harder not because of temptetion but because I was just not as positive as yesturday. But I still ate healthy foods, drank plently of water and exercised. Also to my surprise after exercising my headache was gone.

Oh and I saw this video of this women that I had subbed some time ago and she uploaded this video and it was really...useful and interesting because she lost 100 pounds and she kept it off for 4 years and she was talking about some of the reasons why people don't lose weight and some of the points she said were me like not listening I remember reading and people telling me to exercise, drink water, crash diets never work...things like that but I never listened and that was my downfall. Also she talked about research and I think that's very important because without knowing your body, what foods they will do to your body or which types of exercises work for your body and all that.

YouTube - Weight Loss 101 (Why You WON'T Lose Weight)!

Day 2-

Two days done,yay.

Pre breakfast- Hot water and lemon.

Breakfast- Oatmeal which gave me alot more energy for a long time. + Glass of water.

Lunch- I had another tuna and sweetcorn sandwich and orange juice but because there were no rolls I used brown bread and I cut the crusts off. Cut the bread in half because it felt to big and I knew that later on I would feel the need to eat.

Snack- Peaches, I love peaches and they tasted so good I don't know if it's because I am actually tasting my food and not just shoving it in my face.

Dinner- Rice and beef with veggies and salad + orange juice - Loved it.

Exercised which was good and I felt better after exercising.

Until tomorrow, I'm actually kinda scared about tomorrow and the next day because that's usually when my cravings start and they usually take over me and I end up giving up....

I will be strong...I hope :)

Day 3-

This day is usually the day when I fail and give-up and I am really proud of myself that I didn't give-up and that I'm still going strong.

Pre-Breakfast- Hot water and lemon.

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs and water.

Lunch- A cup of Brown rice and 2 small chicken wings from sainsberry's. - I really liked this meal.

Snack- A peach and half of a full sweatcorn stick thing.

Dinner- Im going to have Potatoes with chicken and salad + Warm milk.

Exercise- Today exercising was crazy and I really pushed myself so hard and it felt good but it made me think how can I work so hard and then eat some crisps or chocolate and gain it all back. Like everything I'm now doing was for nothing. Hopefully, it won't be for nothing.

Also, last night I was thinking about weighing myself because before I usually weigh myself everyday but now I'm getting abit worried what if I don't lose anything or I don't lose enough. I just want the week to be over so I can find out if all this hard has been for something.

I have however, noticed my tummy feeling smaller and less flabby which is good.

Until next time....

Hope all the best with your healthy eating you're doing really well. The most important thing is to believe in yourself and see yourself where you want to be, you can do it hun. When you hit the first stone lost you'll be so overjoyed, very few feelings compare with the feeling of becoming healthier. X

Thank you Healthy, yeah ur right if you don't believe in yourself and see the end of the road I don't think I would have gone this far and I have only just started, lol. Ur doing really well and reading other people's stories does help me to know that I am not the only one going through this. :)

------------
Day 4

Today has been a heck of a day. This is because I had forgotten my pin for one of my credit cards and that's were my money was in and I wanted to go shopping. So here I am trying to remember my pin and then I'm going through every other room with bags full of old papers and bills. I even went outside into the room there looking for this piece of paper that had my pin.

Many hours later after searching all over I finally find this pin in my room where I had been 99% sure that it wouldn't be there because that's were all my reading books and work stuff was but I found it there and I felt relieved but tired and annoyed with myself aswell.

However, the positive's here were there were times were I just wanted to give up and my cravings for crisps and chocolate ice creams were growing but I didn't give into temptetion.

Another positive of this situation is I have learn't not to forget my pin again and I also found three recipe books. Low fat cookbook, Soup cookbook and a keep it simple (weight watchers) cookbook. Which Im really happy with and tomorrow im going to town and get all the things I need to continue my healthy eating.

Breakfast- Oatmeal and water

Snack- Banana

Lunch- A cup of noodle's (200cals) + water

Snack- Kiwi fruit and an apple. I usually don't like apple's but this one tasted good.

Dinner- Rice and beef and veggie's + orange juice.

Exercise- Because of my situation today my exercise was power walking to this little town center near me. I had to walk there twice. First time was to try and attempt to guess the pin, which failed and the second was after I had the pin and I got some money out. Overrall I think it was about 30 mins of walking today.

Oh and today I noticed my back is more toned and the bump or flab at the bottom of my back is now slowly getting smaller.

Everyday is truelly a challenge of it's own but it brings you nearer to your goal. But with will power and positivity on my side I can win this battle, I hope...

Until next time.

The great pin hunt certainly sounds calorie consuming, so every cloud has a silver lining!

X

Heya hun, first off I think the goal of 9 stones is crazy! You're a tall girl! That'd be far too skinny! Those BMI charts are a bit mad, they say that I should be 8st, however, my mate whos a few inches shorter than me is 8st and she's ridiculously small.
It's good to have a goal to work towards, but maybe you should just stick with the mini goals and stop when you're happy?

You're right thoug, this does have to be entirely for yourself. Slow and steady really does win the race, and it's not really the numbers on the scales that matter but how you're feeling in yourself.

You're doing great though, keep it up! hope you enjoy some of the recipes in those books!

Lol, healthy every cloud does have a silver lining. Atleast that way when bad things happen it's good to stay positive.

@ Pink, you have really got me thinking about my goal, Thank you. I think my goal is for every single day is too just stick too this diet and hopefully lose some weight. Now I think I am going to make mini goals of losing 2Ib each week.In addition, if I do end up at 10stones or some where around there I will just let my body decide when to stop and see how I feel about my body.

Also Pink wow, you're doing so well. Good luck to you and thank you for you're comment. :)

-------------

Day 5 (It's sad to say this is the longest I have stuck to a diet in years,lol)

Well today in the morning as I was in my bed I decided to weigh myself. In a way I wanted to know if my healthy eating and exercise was having an actual effect and........

I have lost 3Ib...Woop Woop. This is also the most weight I have ever lost,this is embarrassing to write,lol. But it feels amazing like it's just a great motivation boost because it shows me that healthy eating, water and exercising works for me.

Today I went shopping in the town center and I got myself some shoes and I got some lingerie from la senza as a treat for myself and It feels good to treat yourself by wearing something that makes you look and feel good. No crisps nor chocolates gives me this kinda of feeling.

Anyways, as I was coming home, I had bought my friend a packet of chocolate sweets because she wanted them, how nice am I,lol. As we going home she was like, "Their so nice, you should try some," I am like noo, I can't. She know's I'm trying to eat healthy. Then she says "Just one, come one." Something like that, but I said no she should enjoy them and she did,lol. But I knew and I know that if I gave in and ate that "one piece," I would be done. I know there are people that can eat junk food here and there but I can't because I remember last time I had a chocolate ice cream as a treat and after that 3 packets of crisps, more ice cream and the diet was over. So not this time, it's not worth it. I really want to do lose this weight and be healthy.

Pre- Breakfast- Hot water and lemon.

Breakfast- Muesli cereals

Lunch- Noodles and 2 small pieces of chicken from sainsberry's + water.

Dinner- ???

Exercise- My exercise today was shopping going up, down out and round the town center and I am so tired and my legs are aching. Also going to asda tonight to get my fruits and everything needs for this diet.

I am so relieved and happy of my weight loss so far and I am going to try and lose 1Ib before Tuesday which is my actual weigh-in day.

I am so proud of myself for going this far, hopefully I can carry on this journey day by day.

Hey, aw you're doing awesome, 3lbs in 5 days is mad! Well done.
I'm totally with you on the snack thing, I can't just have one sweet, or one bikkie, I have to eat the whole packet, so i just avoid it all together.
If you're going t asda you should consider trying mini-milks (icecream bars), they're only 30 cals each, and despite what I just said, if you only have one, they're great for when you ahve a sweet craving!
Keep up the good work hun :)

Thank you Pink and I might try those mini-milks aswell...I have heard them mentioned alot on this forum. :)

---------

Day 6

Today is pretty boring but as I am trying to lose atleast another pound before my weigh-in this Tuesday.

Pre-breakfast- Hot water and lemon

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs + water

Lunch- mediterranean veggi mix with a weight watchers tortilla + water. - I have just had this and when I cooking it, it looked really good and healthy but then when I sat down to eat it first of all the tortilla was breaking and it was just annoying and also it didn't taste like I had imagined and liked it to. It wasn't good and the taste won't leave my mouth. I had half of it then threw the rest in the bin.

Snack- Had a banana after my horrid lunch and will be having some soup (52cals) in an hour or so but on the plus side I do have alot energy suddenly and I feel...feel good but bad because it was horrid.

Dinner- potatoes, chicken and salad. Tasted so good....hmmm.

Exercise- I had a good workout today.

Also I have changed my goal to 10 stones and will be making new mini-goals up.

Until next time....

Last edited:
Day 7

Today I have to say has been one of the hardest day's thinking of cravings, I would say maybe it's because I haven't exercised today.

Pre-Breakfast- Hot water and lemon

Breakfast- Oatmeal and water

Snack- Orange- Havent had one in a long time, tasted so good.

Lunch- Brown rice and a piece of chicken and water

Snack- An Orange.

Dinner- Rice and beef + blueberry juice light

Exercise- Took a day off exercising.

So scared about weigh-in day hopefully I have lost 1Ib more.

Until next time....

your doing really well hun! i agree with pink though about the goal! just take it how it comes :)

Thank you Ria for your comment and yeah Pink is right, this process is a learning thing and im glad I found this place and there are great people there to help each other. :)

-------

Day 7.

Yay, week 1 done. Im really proud of myself for lasting for a week and it's just like if I hadn't started or had given up I would still be 12 stones and 10 pounds or more.

I weighed myself and I have lost 2Ib more from when I weighed myself on day 5. So this week I have lost 5Ib. Which I am very happy with and I can not believe it.

Also because I didn't exercise yesturday my body was rested and I had soo much more energy and strength so from now on I will give my body time to rest because it's also important.

Breakfast- Muesli

Lunch- Brown rolls with baked beans + water.

Dinner- Brown rice, chicken and veggi's + blueberry light juice.

Exercise- I had so much energy and I wanted to exercise. Also during my toning exercises I noticed that I completed them quicker than before, which is a good sign. :)

Also I as I was updating my siggy and info I noticed I had lost 1/2 a stone altogether,lol.

Well one week down and the rest of my life left.Hopefully, it will get easier with time.

Until next time....

Last edited:
Day 8

Just another day, nothing interesting. I am glad that it feels more normal and I am getting more used to my eating pattern but I know that from next week when I have to go back to college I will have to be so strong and I know I won't work out as much but I will try to work out 3 times a week. Also mornings and when I come home will be a challenge. Will see what happens but all I know is I am glad I started eating healthy and exercising before I went back like I would usually have done before. Also since this is my final year I really want to try and look good in my body before I go to Uni.

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs + water

Lunch- Brown rice and 1 small chicken. + water

Snack- An orange.

Dinner- Spaghetti, mince and stir fry + blueberry juice.

Exercise- It was good today but I felt really weird because I was sweating so much today. I was literally dripping all over. Which was weird because all of last week I didn't sweat as much or at all...Let me google it and see,lol.

1 more day down...woop.

Until next time...

Last edited:
Well done on the 5lb loss Hope, that's absolutely brilliant. First week done, and nearly half way to losing a stone. So good x

Thank you healthy for the comment. :)

--------

Day 9

Today went well and nothing really interesting today, I'm just glad I have stuck on this diet this far....

Breakfast- Oatmeal and water.

Lunch- 2 slices of brown bread and baked beans + water.

Snack- Orange, sweetcorn and soup.

Dinner- ???

Exercise- Had a good workout today.

I feel like I had more food than usually today, healthy foods but still...hmmm.

Until next time....

So today I weighed myself,I don't why...but I did. Anyways the scales showed I didn't lose anything. Still 12st 5Ib. I thought I would have lost atleast 1Ib or something and I am trying to forget about it and just move on but it's annoying me. I am trying to think of why this is happening, am I not going lose anything this week all together.

If I had eaten junk food or something then I would say ok, the reason I'm still the same is because I eat this or that or I didn't work out as much but I have worked out 3 times already this week and it's like is this even doing anything to my body.

They are two reasons why I think maybe I haven't lost anything 1 because for the past 2 days I didn't have hot water and lemon before I went to sleep and I think because I have dinner pretty late I will sleep on my food or something like that and people have said that helps to gain weight. So when I had hot water it helped clean it out or something.

The other reason is I could be on a plateau already, which I hope is not the reason because I don't know if I would be able to fight it....I don't know.

I really didn't wanna write this because I didn't want to seem like I cared about what the scale said alot but last week when I lost 3Ib in 5 days it really boosted my motivation to carry on with this and now no change frustrating but I am learning and I am learning that this is about eating healthy for my body so that I can live longer. That is why I took some measurements of my body so that I can also see if my body is actually toning up.

Lol, this is going to be a very hard journey....even harder than what I thought before.

Until next time....

Back