Fair, forty but not fat!

Of course you are making progress... think back to how much you could have gained a previous year when you were not conscious about what you put in your mouth!

Send a heart shaped egg my way! x

The Moog - your fish dishes sound lovely. I wish I had the confidence to cook proper fish.

Could you try just weighing yourself once a week rather than every day/few days?

Fish is reasonably easy to cook. If you feel nervous, the easiest way is popping it in a tinfoil parcel with a splash of White wine and some herbs.

Bake it in the oven and it'll basically sort itself out. It's very difficult to over cook it like this.

The main reason I'm weighing regularly now is because I put weight on incredibly easily. If I don't watch my weight, I have no idea if I'm gaining or losing :(

Overall, it's a big STS this week, although I have shifted the 2lbs I put on at New Year, so it's not a real STS.

Think the next few weeks are going to be good and it's going to happen. I feels a bit like I've gone nowhere in the past fortnight (even though I know I have) and I am sticking to the diet 100% - other than the booze at New Year. There's not much else I can do other than keeping doing what I'm doing. Spiced chicken tonight - so that's something to look forward to.

Physio is planning light exercise for me from the end of this month, and that might help. Then again...

Happy New Year Shanny. Hope it's been a good one for you so far x

Another day, another bit of chocolate avoidance!

Yesterday was good. No nibbling on anything at all although I did have a very small glass of white wine with dinner. I'm teetering on the brink of giving up alcohol altogether as it really does screw my metabolism, but then again, a small glass of something once a week is neither here nor there in the general scheme of things.

The diet is going well, although I need to spend a bit more time with the recipe books to find interesting low-cal things to do with fish and chicken in particular. There's a limit to how much poached/griddled stuff you want to eat ;) I'm pondering doing a chicken-based soup from the Wagamama cookbook for tonight. If I leave the noodles out, it looks like it'll be very low cal.

Sounds like a plan to me :) Have a good weekend everyone!

mmmmmmmmm wagamama's... *drools*... sorry having a fat bird moment!!!!

If it's any good please post us the recipe xxx

LOL I have lots of those moments too! Love Wagamamas! The soup wasn't bad at all. I'm going to experiment a bit later this week & will post a couple of recipes.

Things are going well. No wobbles or deviations and staying steady at 800 cals or less. I'm not hungry on it, but it's definitely shown up some piggy snacking tendencies when I'm not up to much at the weekends!

Hoping for a drop this week - 2 lbs would be good, 3 would be amazing - but the main thing is that it's all heading down, down, down!

Nosh du jour

Breakfast:
tea
low fat bio yoghurt
a few fresh blueberries

Lunch
Asparagus soup
Gourmet thin
Banana

Snack:
Waitrose luxury seafood entree (gorgeous - salmon mouse, salmon flakes, smoked salmon and a prawn - all for 80 cals a pot!!)

Dinner:
Mixed leaf salad with cherry tomatoes and chilli-baked chicken.

All in for 650 cals. Looking like a good day :D

Oooh - got to share this morning. I'm just over 1lb down so far this week :scale: with 3 more days to go before the proper weigh-in too. Talk about being relieved! I've got a whole set of new numbers to drop down now.

I haven't dared try my jeans in the next size down yet. I don't think I'm quite there yet. The current ones are loose, but they still pretty much fit. Going to give it another couple of weeks and then I might risk having a look at the smaller size. I don't want to try it too early and be disappointed!

Today's a mad one as far as eating goes, as I'm out of the house from 7.45am until 9pm tonight and it's tricky to juggle eating unless I eat a salad in the car. Restaurants or cafes are going to be just to high in cals for most things, and having finally started the numbers going down again (rather than up and down) I don't want to risk it!

I don't want to wait until I get home for dinner - I'm not sure if soup and a banana will keep me going until 9pm :eek:

I'm hungry!

Talk me out of choc muffins. Please, please, please!

Don't do it moog!!!! The chocolate brownies are not your friend!!!

Not my friend, but they would have been gooooooorgeous.

Gah - somedays I hate being on a diet :(

I was getting some funny looks. I suppose the whimpering was probably doing it LOL

And so we live to ride another day, victorious (just) in avoiding chocolate yesterday. I've got a planned menu for today and there's no way I'm going near a coffee shop with gooey chocolatey things in it!

Breakfast:
Tea and some nuts in bio yoghurt

Lunch:
Stilton and broccoli soup
Gourmet thins
Blueberries

Dinner:
Mixed salad, tomatoes and duck in a low fat version of plum sauce.

The weight is definitely coming off, but I think the trick is not to be impatient with it. If I can get a steady loss of 1-2lbs a week it would be brill and although that won't take me to target weight by my birthday, it's not going to be far off.

Can I just say that I love my scales this morning!

They'd better not turn traitor overnight before I weigh in tomorrow ;)

3lbs down this week.

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wonder when people will start noticing the weightloss. I mean, I don't expect them to yet as I haven't even dropped a dress size so far. I deliberately haven't told them because I don't want all those horrible fake compliments you get. A couple of people lately have told me that I'm "Looking well," so I guess they are kind of spotting it.

I've got to admit, I can't wait for the first "Oooh, have you lost weight?" comment. How long did it take the rest of you to get one?

Here's hoping I'll pass 180 next week and be a full 20lbs down :D It's not far from there to 2 stones :D :D :D

Another sneaky peek at the scales today and I've dropped a lb from weigh-in yesterday. You have no idea how good it feels at the moment to see these numbers dropping after the up-and-down at the start of the month.

As for today's menu... MmmmmmmStrawberries!

And a few other bits as well ;)

Back