Fair, forty but not fat!

Today's menu was goooooood.

Breakfast: low fat bio vanilla yoghurt with a couple of brazil nuts
Lunch: chicken and tarragon soup with 2 breadsticks
Dinner: Lemon and herb mousse with prawns, smoked salmon and crab.
A cheeky little blueberry, strawberry and pineapple combo for pud

Look at that - no salad!!! The fish calories as a combo were just under 200, so I'm well within limits today. :D :D

youre doing so well! im really enjoying reading the diaries - i may have to start my own!

I'm actually really enjoying the stuff I'm eating. It's amazing what you can get into 800 cals a day (or even fewer). I'm using it as a good excuse to indulge in seafood - hubby doesn't much like it, so it wasn't something we bought a lot of when we shopped. He doesn't mind tuna steaks or salmon, but would pass on pretty much everything else.

Thanks for the positive comments. I just feel relieved that I'm getting somewhere with this. And that I avoided that chocolate muffin gooey thingy!

Soon-to-be-slim - you definitely need a diary. It's good to look back on and reassure yourself about how far you've come :)

I shouldn't have sneaky weigh-ins mid-week, I know! But I've got to share this!!

2lbs down since Friday - giving me a grand total since the start of December of 20lbs booted out of my body on a permanent basis.

:bliss:

Expecting to stick for a couple of days now cos 2lbs in 2 days is a big drop - but still - in one more lb, that'll be 1 and a half stones.

Beyond thrilled :D :D :D :D

well done!

Nice one Moog!!! People didn't notice with me until I'd lost 2 stone, but I was much more overweight than you, I'm sure people will notice soon.

Have you noticed a difference? Because that's the main thing, sod everyone else, lol!!!

Awww - thanks guys. Knew you'd understand the mad excitement!

I can definitely feel a difference. I'm thinner around my waist and I've had to take my bra in a hook (or two in some cases) so some has definitely gone from there. The place where I really notice it is my stomach - which was (and still is) pretty flabby after having the kids. Now it's a smaller flabby!

I know it'll feel better still in a stone or two, so I'm plugging on. I'll get there :)

Thanks Shanny :) I hope there's no stopping me now. It's certainly less hard than it was at the start because it's second nature now. I've never calorie counted before so it's been quite an eye opener in just how many calories some food contains. I was absolutely horrified when CatCrazy posted the cals in takeaway pizza. That cured my pizza cravings in one fell swoop!

Hopefully the second part of this stone will be gone somewhere between the end of the month and Valentine's Day. Hubby's already asking what beads I'd like for the Pandora bracelet as my treat, but it's too early to shop for them yet. I still don't completely believe that the weight is going to go - despite evidence to the contrary! I guess I've had so many years of my body not doing what it's supposed to do that this seems a little too good to be true.

And for today's menu:

Breakfast: Tea and poached egg
Snack: Go Ahead blueberry bar
Lunch: Tomato soup and a banana
Dinner: Chicken strips cooked in a spicy soy-based sauce, with mixed leaves, spinach, tomatoes and peppers. If I have enough calories left, there are some cherries to eat too.

I've also had an Options hot chocolate because I was cold when I got in and the heating wasn't on! It's only 40 cals, so hopefully that won't make much of a difference. Nice chocolate fix though ;)

Feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning and trying to quell the 'let's get the weight gone yesterday' ideas bubbling around in the back on my mind. It's going to be slow and not-that-steady, but Valentine's Day is still 3 weeks or so away. I've got plenty of time to lose half a stone - and even if it's not gone by then, it doesn't matter.

I'm too impatient in real life, and it's very hard to get a different mind-set for dieting. I've never quite mastered chilling out and letting things happen!

It'll feel better after a cuppa. Cursing my kids for drinking all the milk! Grrr!

Chin up chicken!!! You will get there eventually, these challenges are meant to be motivational fun, not something to beat yourself up about!!! As long as you are heading in the right direction, thats' the main thing. x

I know - I'm doing the challenges on here for fun. My problem is me - not the challenges :eek: I'm so used to working in a result-driven environment and I'm far too impatient anyway. It's not a good combo, especially not with a load of hormones kicking around ;)

On the plus side, unless my scales cheat tomorrow, it's looking like it'll be a decent weigh-in, especially as it's TOTM.

I had some custard last night. 100 calories worth! :rolleyes: Oooh, it was lovely. Real comfort food without blowing the diet. Just what I needed.

Weigh in today - beyond splendid and WAY ahead of expectations. 4lbs gone :D :D :D :D :D

6lbs left to go before the next Pandora bead. YAY! I can do it. I really can!

Nice one moog!!! Blooming well done!!! Do you have a bead in mind? x

Hi, well done on your weight loss so far, and really well done this week.

The charm bracelets are fab aren't they. Hubby bought me a Nominations one for Christmas, and I love it :). Great idea to get a new charm for the targets that you reach, I might do that too :p lol

Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Carol x

Back