Fair, forty but not fat!

It's running in the 600-800 range - nearer the 600 end today, but it does vary a bit - red meat boosts the calories up pretty quickly!

I spent a while chatting to my GP about it before starting; I've got a medical condition which screws my metabolism totally, so losing weight on a 'sensible' diet just doesn't work. She's agreed this is pretty balanced and I'm to pop back before new year to check my iron levels! Other than that, it seems ok.

I've found it reasonably easy so far, but the trick is to keep the food interesting so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I've had a couple "I need to leave the room" moments today with the lure and smell of fresh pate and bread, but I have left the room and it's been ok.

I think the other thing that's helped massively is my decision to grocery shop online and have it delivered. If there's only healthy stuff in the house, then I'll be eating healthily ;)

I'm trying hard to put things I like in the menu - pomegranates are a real treat and I looooooove smoked salmon! There's duck for dinner tomorrow night too - so I'm not feeling the "woe is me" that I've had when I've dabbled a toe into other diets in the past - if that makes sense? I like this as I can basically eat whatever I like ;)

Evening mogg look at well u are doing I'm sure u know your body best calorie wise I've had 700-900 most days this week and feel great on this amount so far .

What are your Christmas plans? U off CC? X

Nooooo - I'm sticking with it!

Christmas Day will be higher as we're all heading up to my parents' and my mother cooks enough to feed an army! My plan is to stick to the meat and veg and avoid as much carb intake as possible.

Boxing day and we're home again, so it's CC as normal. Lots of turkey salad for a few days LOL

Well done you - sounds like you've had a brilliant week :D

Nooooo - I'm sticking with it!

Christmas Day will be higher as we're all heading up to my parents' and my mother cooks enough to feed an army! My plan is to stick to the meat and veg and avoid as much carb intake as possible.

Boxing day and we're home again, so it's CC as normal. Lots of turkey salad for a few days LOL

Well done you - sounds like you've had a brilliant week :D
I'm the same I'm gonna be CC too but new years eve off diet. I'm not touching carbs either as it bloats me and gives me tummy pains .

Mogg zumba is an dance/ exercise fitness crazy very popular at the moment wicked fun if u like shaking your butty great for tonning up. X

Sounds like fun! Will see how the physio goes across the next couple of months, but it might be just the thing! Sounds a LOT more fun than torture-by-cross-trainer.

Lovin' the weightloss :D 3/4lb down this morning with a running total of 8lbs.

Loads-a-nice food today. Red miso soup with veg, the rest of the pomegranate seeds and even some roast duck with a huuuuge salad tonight. The hens are also starting a conspiracy and are into mass-production of eggs. Guess what I'll be eating for breakfast ;)

Pondering what to do with yoghurt to make it more interesting. I make my own low fat bio stuff, but it's unflavoured. I used to eat it with compote from various berries, but that's way too high in calories at the moment. I've been shoving a few bits of fruit in it instead, but I could do with more variety. Vanilla essence, maybe? Might be worth a try. Can't imagine there's much calorie content in a drop or two!

Added to which - yay! I have an avatar now :D :D :D

No weight loss this morning, but I'm still feeling good about it all. How can I not when I've been dropping lbs all week? Weigh-in day is tomorrow and I know I'm 5lbs down this week - which is brilliant beyond all telling! Got to work up towards the 1 stone lost now - hopefully by the end of December or early January. I think that'll be the point where I feel more confident in this diet.

The real goal is to get back into a size 10, the same size as I was before I had children. Realistically, I'd be happy with a size 12, but I'll see how I feel when I get down there. My birthday is in July, and my hubby has a real treat booked for me - so I'd love to be able to fit into a lovely dress by then. That's the aim :)

Dropping even better than that. Weigh in day today and guess what...?

Cue fanfare...

7lbs gone this week! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seriously. 7lbs. A WHOLE 7lbs. In a week.

I need to sit down! I'm just :talk017: with a whole lot of :eek:

LOL I'll probably stall for a fortnight now.

Thanks for the cheer-a-long :D

...and I'm just the same this morning! No complaints whatsoever though!

Today's going to be a busy one, which is good as it keeps my mind off nibbling things which aren't good for me. I've got to sort, and iron, and pack for my holiday. I've found my passport, got my travel insurance and even booked car parking at the airport, so I'm almost set!

Really looking forward to it, and I'm going to try and maintain the diet while I'm away. Will see if I've lost anything at all next Wednesday - I'll try very hard and be good!

Just dropping in quickly to say 'hello!' :)

Ireland is FREEZING, but I'm walking around lots and getting a bit of exercise while seeing the sights. I've pretty much stuck with the diet so far, although salad dressings are much higher in cals than my usual ones. I'm braced for not really losing anything this week as it's harder to monitor (the iPhone app needs wifi and I don't have that here!) and impossible to work out properly. Still, I'm doing what I can.

Dublin itself is great and people are absolutely lovely. I've seen loads of things, and we're doing a fair bit of shopping too ;) Will be home Tuesday night, so see you all again then. Hope you're all doing ok :)

I'm finally home. The flight was cancelled and we ended up having to get the ferry back to the UK instead! Luckily got a hotel ok as loads of people didn't.

It's been quite a couple of days!

I've stuck to the diet across the holidays ( my worst 'sin' was one go ahead yoghurt slice (72 cals)) but have no idea if I've lost any weight or not. Will have to wait until tomorrow to see. It's TOTM as well, so that's probably not going to help either, but I've been soooooo good! It's not like me at all! ;)

So, I'm 4 lbs down this week. I think walking loads has offset some of the heavier salad dressing and more calorie-laden food I've been eating. Managed to avoid cake and most carbs, which I'm thrilled about. Had to try much harder than usual to stay on track, but I did it!!!

So that's a whole stone gone.

Rather than get my nails done as the treat I was planning, I've bought myself a Pandora bracelet. Every stone that I lose, I'm going to get a new charm. I've got a beautiful little silver one with entwined red enamel hearts on it for this first stone.

I think it's a good incentive, plus if I wear it lots, it's a good reminder of how far I've come. No slacking off now!

Christmas Eve and I'm starting to think about introducing exercise in the New Year to make sure those lbs keep coming off. I'm working with the physio to plan out some sort of graduated routine that won't make me ill, so I'm half-feeling optimistic and half full of absolute dread that it's going to go wrong!

We've got a good elliptical cross trainer in the garage (with a TV/DVD player out there) so the basics are good to go. It's going to be freezing though in this weather! Still, I've gt another week or so of slobbing out in front of that TV first!

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas. Catch you on the flip side of all those calories!

Back