Fair, forty but not fat!

hi i hope u don't mind me having a nosy at ur diary, u r doing really well how on earth do u manage on such low cals, i am having 1200 a day i have lost 7lbs in the last 2 weeks i was following s/w but got stuck so decided to try calorie counting it made me realise how much food i was eating :eek: u r the same height as me but ur goal is a lot lower than mine i would like to get to 11 stone but am aiming for a mini goal of 12 to begin with i can't go any lower than that as my face goes too thin and i look ill. good luck :)

Hi Snugglepuss! Nice to see you on calorie counting :)

I'm actually eating quite a lot (although I know it doesn't sound like it!) The salads I have are HUGE but there are very few calories in most salad bits, so it's all good :)

I really show my weight, so I don't start looking 'slim' until I'm between 9 and 10 stone. 9.7 would be perfect, but I'm happy with anything between there and 10.7! My dream is getting back into a size 10, but realistically a 12 will do!!

Too much on the 'to do' list today. Laundry and packing for the weekend. Got to admit, I could really do with the chill out at the moment, so a bit of theatre, a bit (lot) of shopping and a bit of coffee shop culture sounds like just the thing!

Separating from my scales for the weekend is going to be traumatic, but I will keep trying to be good. Nandos and Yo Sushi look like the best bets, but I can probably get away with egg/smoked salmon for breakfast somewhere too.

Mmmm :) Here's hoping I won't gain!

Ooh - just noticed from my ticker that it's exactly 5 months until my birthday.

5 months and 40lbs left to lose - that's 8lbs a month. Sounds fairly achievable, even if it slows to a crawl across the last stone or so.

Hopefully... It would be amazing if I could actually do this!

u have done really well so far, i think perhaps i need to eat salads and more veg instead of the ready meals, i had one last night but it wasn't very filling then later ate 20 rich tea biscuits= 740 cals eek line under it and start afresh today will cut down today to try and make up for it, i hope u have a good weekend :)

Aaaaand 4lbs gone this week :D :D :D

I'm fully expecting a STS next week. I've got this weekend away and TOTM due, so I think I'm doomed. As long as I don't gain! Then again, anything is possible.

Have a lovely weekend - I'll check in by phone if I get the chance to let you know how the food's going. I'm going to try my hardest to be good!

Edited to add: 30lbs gone in total. YAY!!!!

Thanks guys :)

Struggling a bit with food intake yesterday - was spot on until lunch, but impossible to manage dinner as we met up with friends. Hopefully not blown it completely

Breakfast: go Ahead apple slice (55 cals)
Lunch: Miso soup, small crayfish salad & some fruit salad (all in for about 300 cals)
Dinner: wasn't hungry because of big lunch - ended up eating a small amount of melon & mango followed by salmon & salad BUT sauce on fish & salad. Scraped most of it off. Ate fish & left salad.

Not sure what cal content dinner was but was left feeling bloated & cross with myself.

Will eat as little as poss today & hope it balances itself out! :(

Aw I hate feeling mad at myself. My laptop died this morning so I ate a cupcake which contained 238 cals!! Mad! Such a waste I'm sure if you're good today it will make all the difference! And in the scheme of things you've done so well. We are all allowed a blip day!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It wasn't me with the cake. I've been abnormally good on the cake front - haven't had ANY since the end of November and counting! Can all-too-well appreciate the lure of the cupcake though :D

I think I was so annoyed with myself yesterday because I'd eaten a big lunch on the agreement with the hubby that lunch was going to be the main meal of the day. Then we met up with friends and there was another meal...

I'm consoling myself with the fact that I didn't drink and calorie intake was not much above where it should have been. It shouldn't cause much damage at all. I hope. I'm not going near the scaled until Friday and hopefully all will be fine again by then!

Today's food was brunch of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Snackajacks and a go ahead apple bar on the train, and some soup once I got home. Been a bit of a weird day - not normal at all for food!

OK, I didn't last long in my resolution not to weigh myself! I'm exactly the same weight as I was on Friday morning - so no damage done. :D :D :D

Today's menu is completely up in the air. The fridge is empty and I need to go shopping before I can eat. I've got a banana and some soup for lunch and then nothing... Think I might hit the seafood - I could quite fancy prawn salad or a prawn omlette tonight.

In good news, my t-shirt size has dropped. (I don't think my button-up shirt size is quite there yet, but still... I can fit into new, smaller t-shirts! YAY!!)

Despite the worries and fretting over the weekend, it looks like I'm going to have some sort of a loss this week - which is much better than I was expecting. I'm not far off the halfway point, which feels amazing!

I know if I can get halfway then I'll do the other half too - there's absolutely no point in giving up then. Hopefully I'll hit the 35lbs in the next week or two - and from there I've got less to lose than I've already lost.

It's bizarre looking at clothes, thinking "I'll never fit into that" and then I do! I could get used to this!

TOTM is looming and my weight is fluctuating a bit. Not much I can do about it other than wait for it to pass. Hoping to be a pound down by Friday, but will be very surprised if it's any more than that.

I'm at a conference today about a mile from home, so I'm going to walk there and back. I'll have to take it fairly steadily, but as it's through the city centre, I should be able to shop a bit on the way back. Well, it would be rude not to ;)

Good day today with the food.

Had a small bag of yoghurt covered raisins for breakfast, smoked salmon and a light salad for lunch, with a small fresh fruit salad for pudding. Tonight was pea and ham soup.

I've walked two miles as well :D

Off to the theatre now for a bit of chill-out now that my head's exploded at work!

I'm down just over 1lb this week so far. If I'm good today I wonder if I can make it 2lbs. Given that I've had a weekend away, had a hotel lunch yesterday and TOTM is due in the next few days, I think I'm doing pretty well this week!

More theatre stuff today and hopefully a bit of uni work tonight.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: yoghurt and cherries
Lunch: miso soup and a banana
Dinner: mixed salad with smoked trout flakes and prawns

I'm pleased with myself this week. 2lbs down and 3lbs to go before I've lost another half stone AND reached halfway. It's feeling good!

I've got a week off next week, which is always much harder than being at work because food is around me all the time and it's harder resisting temptation then. Monday will be easy because I'm at the dentist and need a filling replacing, so I can't eat for a while! The other days may be a little trickier.

One work skirt is about to be binned. It's a lovely Per Una one, but it has a tear in the lining so it's not really ebay-able. The others are elasticated waists, so just about hanging in there! It's a wonderful problem to be having!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Yoghurt and 3 brazil nuts
Lunch: Chicken and veg soup and a banana
Snack: Small bunch of grapes
Dinner: Sweet chilli chicken and salad

Might have a small glass of wine as a treat... we'll see :)

I need to get back to eating eggs. the chickens are laying like there's no tomorrow and I do rather like a poached egg for breakfast. I think all the neighbours are in for spare eggs tonight as well - we're running out of space to keep them all (the eggs, not the neighbours)

Back