Fake Tan

Wish

Silver Member
After some advice, I have never faked it before:p I don't have much money, so looking for something cheap n cheerful but also something thats easy to put on and looks ok:)

Any suggestions welcome.

Famous Dave's.
Famous Dave's Fake Tan Range - For an A-List Fake Tan, Try The Best Self Tan Products With The Most Natural Colour. Our Leading Self Tanners Give The Best Colour, so Buy Famous Daves Fake Tan and Self Tanning Lotions and Experience the Most Natural,

A little pricier from the high street (available in Debenhams), but a truly incredible natural looking tan. No nasty biscuity smell and it doesn't make you orange! No rub off on sheets and good long lasting tan. One bottle will last you a while!

Top marks from me! :) xx

Use a body scrub and then moisturise +++. I use Johnsons holiday skin, it builds up gradually and is £2.50 something at Morissons at the mo. Wilko's often have very good offers too.

I agree with Judimac! If you can afford the time to build a natural tan up over a few days (but not a drastic/orange one) Johnsons Holiday Skin is fab!! Smells lovely too!!X

I have a one day spray tan from Soap and Glory (came in a gift box so I don't know the price) which gives a very gentle tan, which is good for filling in gaps, if that makes sense. Gave my legs a spray before I went out on Tuesday, as they were a bit white compared to my arms and I had a dress on, but my poor bath is still orange! (I stood in the bath to put it on!) Will have to give it a good scrub tomorrow! On the otherhand, my legs are back to their normal shade! Ha ha!

I agree that Johnsons holiday skin is good, but if I need it quick I just use avon stuff. It's relatively cheap and cheerful and is often on offer.

As with any false tan just make sure you you exfoliate and moisturise beforehand and apply evenly. A little less on heels, knees and elbows and you could also mix it in with a touch of moisuriser over those bits. Pat yourself dry gently after a shower and it should last a good few days.

Remember to really scrub your hands thoroughly afterwards if you can't get away with using gloves. A quick wash doesn't work - learnt that the hard way. :D

The TV shopping channel Ideal World sell a self tan called Zsooosh!! it is supposed to be really good, pretty pricey though.

I've never used a self tan so I have no other suggestions for you I'm afraid.

I'm another fan of the Dove moisteriser with self tanner. I find it builds a tan quite quickly (i.e. can notice a difference the morning after I've applied it) and it goes on evenly. It's also been kind and gentle on my skin as I can get a little bit of excema on my legs and it doesn't aggravate it at all. x

I've tried the Nivea one before, but personally I prefer Dove. I usually exfoliate with the Superdrug Vitamin E body scrub which is a reasonable price.

Back