Fakeaways Book

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Phoenix_Girl, 25 March 2014.

1. Phoenix_Girl

Phoenix_Girl Well-Known Member

Went to group last night and thought you guys should know that the Fakeaways book officially goes on sale next week - our consultant informed us that it will be priced at £4.95 as per most of the other books.

I had a sneaky peek at a copy last night and I have to say I am extremely impressed.

Syn-free recipes are actually marked in the corner as being syn-free on Extra Easy and Original plans so you can pick something quickly while you flick through the book.

Slimming World HQ were apparently surprised with the authenticity of some of the Fakeaways including the Big Mac in a bowl and the Doner Kebab (yes you heard me right, a Doner kebab and it's Syn-Free on EE and Original!)

I probably need to text my consultant and ask her to reserve a copy for me when I go to group next week! :D
  2. slimmingmadhouse

slimmingmadhouse Well-Known Member

There are a few recipes in Woman magazine this week and they look really good. :)
  3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Well-Known Member

So they've nicked the doner kebab recipe thats been on Minimins for years lol :)
    Mini likes this.
  4. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

I've already got my name down for one!!

Saying that the sw curries from Curry Heaven and Taste of Asis are delicious and the Chicken Chow Mein from Taste of Asia book is better than ANY takeaway!!
  5. Dolly1971

Dolly1971 Well-Known Member

Had a look at book in class, I've ordered one looks great x cent wait till 7th April
  6. PeggyDee

PeggyDee Well-Known Member

Our consultant didn't have a copy to browse, but we could pre-order it. I have ordered one just based on the review in the magazine.
  7. coughdrops

coughdrops Well-Known Member

Had a flick through it last night in group, some great recipes in it so I'm going to get a copy.
  8. Littlepink

Littlepink Well-Known Member

I've pre ordered one, our consultant also said there are some new salted caramel hifi bars coming out in april on the week starting the 14th i think :)
    *EB* likes this.
  9. Rochelle1

Rochelle1 Well-Known Member

I flicked through it at group last night but tbh most of the recipes I could find on here, and with much less faff of an ingredients list! The only things I fancied were some of the fish cakes and the pizzas.
  10. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Well-Known Member

I've pre ordered a copy too, it looks really good :)
  11. Hippopotamum

Hippopotamum Well-Known Member

I bought one earlier in the week, not tried anything yet, but it looks really good. :)
  12. coughdrops

coughdrops Well-Known Member

The Fakeaway pizza is in this month's magazine, looks lovely.
  13. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

We've been told they arent on sale till next week - hope I get a nice surprise at tonights weigh in and there'll be one waiting for me (as I wont be getting a nice surprise on the scales after the past week!)
  14. Hippopotamum

Hippopotamum Well-Known Member

I picked one out of a box on the table beside the magazines. I asked if they were books that people had ordered, but he (bloke who was on the shop, leader was taking the payments) said they weren't and anyone could buy them... but now after reading this I'm wondering if they weren't actually supposed to be for sale yet! x
  15. Jemima Doll

Jemima Doll Well-Known Member

Think i'll be buying one of those, sounds good!
  16. Slan22

Slan22 Active Member

I think I'll be investing!
  17. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

I reserved mine last week, I can't wait to get it on Monday :)
  18. Scooter-boy

Scooter-boy Well-Known Member

Brought the FAKEAWAYS BOOK last night at my meeting, what a fantastic book.... Unbelievable I could eat every single thing in there.. Anyone else liking it... What's your favourite in there !!!
  19. Barbie Girl

Barbie Girl Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like it, I am picking my copy up this morning. Think tonight will be fakeaway night :)
  20. red squirrel

red squirrel Well-Known Member

The sauce for the burger in a bowl tasted so much like Big Mac sauce I couldn't believe it !!!

I've been making the doner for years it's a family fav ?