Fallen Off Wagon :(

Jezzabell

Hi all :)
I am looking for some advice, I have been with Slimming World for over a year now and really I have lost just under 4st but I moved this year back to my home town and with in the 2 months of being unsettled I gained 1st =( now I am having to work back towards my 3st and 3½st. It is depressing and I keep letting myself fall for the naughty foods and treats I love. I so need more confidence that I can do it just like I did before but it isn't easy and specially when there are goodies in the house for my other half and child. I cannot deny them goodies... It is so easy to give into temptation :( x x Any advice would be great x x​
:booboo:

Fruit is probably better for them than sweets if that is what you mean by goodies. Did you discuss it with your other half? I bet he/ she would be very supportive if you did.:)

Oh they eat fruit plenty of times... Just the odd goodies here and there... Which I cannot deny them, they do eat good though. Just hard to keep strong and need a big boot at the back side lol x

what are goodies exactly? What do you keep in your house - I have a good reason for asking by the way - not just being nosey!

Hi Jezzabell

A little of what you fancy does you good. That's what syns are for. I think you are just lacking motivation at the moment. Once you find it you will be able to moderate the goodies.

Do you have a target at the moment? Anything in particular to aim for? Maybe you have a photo of yourself when you were 4 st down and looking gorgeous. Put it on your fridge/cupboard to remind you why it is worth staying on the wagon.

could you? -

just buy the lower synned goodies ?

Do like I do and write with black marker pen the syn value on the packet in LARGE numbers..........................

THEN when I go to get - I think '5 syns' lets not - or maybe I do but then I know exactly how many syns I've had immediately.

Could you? .....................

try to have NO syns at all all day long and ONLY eat free foods including dinner and then every night you will have a whole 15 syns for goodies - curlywurly's, iced gems, french fries, hi fi bars, caramel snack a jacks , I discovered today the Ryvita Fruit Crunch - 3 syns each or 2 for a HEB.

Have fat free natural yog in fridge - frozen raspberries and strawberries and sweetener in cupboard and have a LARGE sweet bowl at about 9 pm?

I made the couscous cake which is 12 syns on red and 6 on green - having said that this is debated still whether the syns are that low?? but better than having full fat high cal stuff - easy to make and tastes lovely too.

Good luck

HTH

Gilly x

Last edited:
Back