Fancy A Brew? - My Diary

floss

I really fancy a cup of tea...hence the title! Problem is it's 00.25am and I will get no sleep if I have one :(

ANYWAY, I wasnt going to start a diary on here, but Iv been feeling a bit rubbish today about intake, whether im eating right etc and a few other things so thought it can't hurt. Iv got two more days till im done with my first week, but im going out with the girls tomorrow night (i'm a uni student) so Im really quite worried about the amount of calories I will be consuming. I will try my best to stick to vodka diet cokes but even so, goodness knows how many! And things like dirty pints and shots always sneak in and it's so hard to refuse when you are slightly intoxicated and have your friends giving ultimate peer pressure! So yes, that is my hurdle this week. I have slightly undereaten the first week so hopefully it will be okay, and im only weighing once a month as the result makes me go weird and offtrack so I know realistically it should be okay...i'm just doing so well and I don't want to ruin it AGAIN!

So here's what I had today:

Cups of tea with skimmed and sweetener

Instant oats golden syrup with milk

Celery and laughing cow light cheese

Ice lollies and frozen frubes

Quorn cottage pie and veg

Options hot chocolate

I feel like im eating really awful considering im hoping to lose weight...I always thought you had to eat rabbit food! Anyhoo, that's me, hopefully I'll be around here a while, not too sure of my start weight but guessing I have 2 1/2 - 3 stone to lose and hope to have it off asap but by august if possible. :)

x

Hi Floss

Good luck with everything :D I totally know what you mean re nights out- I always start with the best intentions and then the sambucas come out HAHA!! Look life is for living so don't let losing weight suck the fun from being with your friends- enjoy the night- if you can make a few good decisions through the drunken fug (diet mixers/avoiding a giant portion of cheesy chips at the end) then thats great. If not, then just get back on track after. Don't beat yourself up about it as the guilt then ruins any enjoyment you had from it! One tip I have is to try and keep something in the freezer to have as the home snack when you roll in to avoid dirty takeaway if you can (I like to have peanut butter on toast, but frozen pizzas are good too and will most likely be a lot less cals than one you'd order out)!

Frozen frubes sound nice!! I'm deffo getting some of those today! I'm at uni too and I find it expensive eating healthily, with lots of fruit and veg etc, so I'm just eating the kind of stuff I'd usually have but less of it!
Maybe try and remember what you drank and add the cals up and have less cals for a few days? X

Hey

You have a similar amount as me to lose so if you want feel free to pop by my diary and we can buddy along :)
This is my 1st week to but iv done it before and lost 3.5 stone in 5 months so it can be done but its hard work.
One tip keep drinking water and make sure your eating enough!
Goodluck!

Ps. last time i lost my weight i still had lots of nights out too and still lost!

Hey

You have a similar amount as me to lose so if you want feel free to pop by my diary and we can buddy along :)
This is my 1st week to but iv done it before and lost 3.5 stone in 5 months so it can be done but its hard work.
One tip keep drinking water and make sure your eating enough!
Goodluck!

Ps. last time i lost my weight i still had lots of nights out too and still lost!

Hi kirsty, Wow! I've got 3 stone to lose in about 6 months - how many cals were you eating and what exercise were you doing? X

Ohhhhhh myyy...vodka was a baddd idea! I stuck to vodka but i cannot believe the amount I drank! I feel awful as expected today...why do I do this! :p

Just had some ryvita with laughing cow light cheese and a cup of tea, i just hope I havnt messed up weight loss too much from last night!

Aha I worked out I consumed 800 calories worth of vodka last night...no wonder! Bit worried but It's been so long since I went out and you only live once!Back on track today although exercise may be off the cards! Its the start of my second week tomorrow...can't believe it! There's been a few struggle moments but overall I can't believe how stress free it is...I just hope it's working!

There were far too many exclamation marks in my last post :p

Feeling good overall but quite nauseous due to some horrible porridge I just forced down...eurgh...didnt wanna go food shopping hungry though!

It was so nice to wake up this morning and be happy that I have completed my first week but not have to get myself all wound up about weighing in...such a good idea for me to only do once a month. May post todays food later, but main goal for this week is to be a bit more regular with exercise in terms of doing an actual workout dvd or a run and not just pathetic dancing around my room and saying thats enough!

Aha anyway...here's to week two :) x

Okay...iv stopped eating because im too excited! (and sad apparently!) If everyone knows this already I apologise but I had to share...CAULIFLOWER RICE!!!

cauliflower rice .jpg

This is one head of cauliflower which is around 80 calories...and its made LOADS!!! Iv put it with a veggie masala and the whole thing is just 300 calories. This is going to be a life saver for me...im yet to try the cauliflower mash potatoes!

Lasagne, chocolate frozen yoghurt, ice lollies, hot chocolate .... struggling with binge cravings but that aside I love this freedom!

Hi floss, how did you make the cauliflower rice ? I've been meaning to try it but see so many different ways to make it!

I just got a whole head of cauliflower, put it in the blender until it was small enough and then popped it in the microwave for 4-5 mins covered over with cling film with a few holes in, don't need any water or anything...so easy! You can also grate it which works too but I found the other way quicker :)

I feel so bingy tonight :(

I was thinking the same berry cos don't want it to be too slushy...!!!

Ah ok- I dont have a blender so will give it a whirl by grating by hand. I am intrigued to try it!!

I really need some advice. Iv been on plan 10 days and was very down last night and this morning about it all, so I weighed and the result was far far higher than I thought it would be, and I was trying to be realistic! I don't understand why this isnt working for me but I feel very disheartened as Iv been really good. Im now thinking maybe a different plan is in order. I don't know, it's very difficult but I feel rubbish :(

Sorry to hear that Floss :( could you give me an idea re your height/weight/daily calorie allowance? How long have you been counting? Do you exercise?
I know its really discouraging but I would try and stick with it if you can as the lbs will come off eventually.

Okay...ill give you complete honesty although you will probably tell me off! Iv been on it ten days although today iv just had 12 jaffa cakes oops...just snapped!

Height is 5'5, weight 10 stone 5 this morning and for the past 10 days iv been on 850 calories, aside from when I had a night out when I went up to 1300. Exercise hasnt been great though which is something I need to work on. Today im having a duvet day with my brother after him being away for a month so although im still under my cals, iv written it off. M friend was telling me how she's lost on 1000 so I may bump up to that, but the reason iv gone so low is because iv never lost on 1200 etc..anyway...wisdom please!

Back