fast-5

It's an intermittent fasting program;)

Basically, you only have a 5 hour eating window. you can choose the window you preffer. For example, if you use to have dinner in familly, you may want to have your eating window between 5pm and 10pm. Others preffer to eat earlier and make windows that include breakfast and lunch (e.g. from 8am to 1pm).

I did it once, but eventually I gave up because it was very hard on holidays, weekends and social situations that led me to change the eating window all the time.
I found the ideal for me was eating breakfast and lunch (I had a window from 9am to 2pm) and it worked short-term.
There are peopple who make it as a lifestyle maintenance program, but I feel my body wasn't made to starve durong evenings:p However it works long-term for some;)

Hope it helped

x

There's a downloadable e-book on the fast five site explaining it all. I can't understand how eating so late at night could be good for you. Your body would have to work really hard digesting it when it's supposed to be resting. It says you can change your window though and I reckon it's be better having a morning window as Aline said.

I also agree with a morning/afternoon window, instead of an evening window to eat.

@ Alpa: Hun I'm just like you. Cold and diets don't work very well together:p That's why I gain 4 pounds every winter and then easily loose it on summer. It should be summer the entire year:p

Back