Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Fasting vs CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by martbarr, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. martbarr

martbarr Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi,

I'm fascinated by the well documented alleged health benefits of fasting.
    Surely SS or SS+ can give similar results?
    Hope so, as I'm on week 4 of SS+ and feeling well, just like I did on a fast a few years back.

Just a thought!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I fasted a couple of years ago and lost a stone (I did it over about a month). But the stone soon went back on, even though I tried to eat well afterwards. My shape did change, but not as well as it's doing on SS.

All in all, I think SS is better for dieting because you are getting the nutrients in the meals. Fasting is good for detoxing (which is really why I was doing it) but for long periods it should probably be done under medical supervision. I felt fine while I was doing it - like SS, the hunger only lasts a couple of days. (Although people got even more steamed up about that than they do about SS - they just can't wait to tell you how ill you're going to get, lol! :rolleyes:)

4. mishachez

mishachez New Member

hi there,
    well I am on day 7 of the cambridge diet SS+ so I do 3 shakes and 3oz meat, so I can sit and eat w/ the family, I lost 7 lbs, so I guess I am doing good, I get headakes, I been tired today, and I am grouchy bc I have to cook for my large family and smell it and that makes me crazzy some times, it triggers my sences, want to eat, but im ok,,, any way I would love a diet buddy, so if you are interested in chatting and supporting each other, I am here, plz, email me,

5. mishachez

mishachez New Member

:wave_cry:

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, you can use SS or SS+ in conjunction with IFing (intermittent fasting), though it's probably best to make your eating window at about 5 hours.

Some people who take the shakes too close together find they come out of ketosis. With SS and SS+ being a VLCD, it's probably easier to stay in ketosis to reduce hunger.

Of course, you must still have all your shakes within the 24 hour period.

Last edited: 2 April 2009
  7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Hiya mishachez :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.