Fasting vs CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by martbarr, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. martbarr

martbarr Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi,

I'm fascinated by the well documented alleged health benefits of fasting.
    Surely SS or SS+ can give similar results?
    Hope so, as I'm on week 4 of SS+ and feeling well, just like I did on a fast a few years back.

Just a thought!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I fasted a couple of years ago and lost a stone (I did it over about a month). But the stone soon went back on, even though I tried to eat well afterwards. My shape did change, but not as well as it's doing on SS.

All in all, I think SS is better for dieting because you are getting the nutrients in the meals. Fasting is good for detoxing (which is really why I was doing it) but for long periods it should probably be done under medical supervision. I felt fine while I was doing it - like SS, the hunger only lasts a couple of days. (Although people got even more steamed up about that than they do about SS - they just can't wait to tell you how ill you're going to get, lol! :rolleyes:)

4. mishachez

mishachez New Member

hi there,
    well I am on day 7 of the cambridge diet SS+ so I do 3 shakes and 3oz meat, so I can sit and eat w/ the family, I lost 7 lbs, so I guess I am doing good, I get headakes, I been tired today, and I am grouchy bc I have to cook for my large family and smell it and that makes me crazzy some times, it triggers my sences, want to eat, but im ok,,, any way I would love a diet buddy, so if you are interested in chatting and supporting each other, I am here, plz, email me,

5. mishachez

mishachez New Member

:wave_cry:

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, you can use SS or SS+ in conjunction with IFing (intermittent fasting), though it's probably best to make your eating window at about 5 hours.

Some people who take the shakes too close together find they come out of ketosis. With SS and SS+ being a VLCD, it's probably easier to stay in ketosis to reduce hunger.

Of course, you must still have all your shakes within the 24 hour period.

Last edited: 2 April 2009
  7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Hiya mishachez :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.