Fasting vs CD

martbarr

Hi,

I'm fascinated by the well documented alleged health benefits of fasting.
Surely SS or SS+ can give similar results?
Hope so, as I'm on week 4 of SS+ and feeling well, just like I did on a fast a few years back.

Just a thought!

I fasted a couple of years ago and lost a stone (I did it over about a month). But the stone soon went back on, even though I tried to eat well afterwards. My shape did change, but not as well as it's doing on SS.

All in all, I think SS is better for dieting because you are getting the nutrients in the meals. Fasting is good for detoxing (which is really why I was doing it) but for long periods it should probably be done under medical supervision. I felt fine while I was doing it - like SS, the hunger only lasts a couple of days. (Although people got even more steamed up about that than they do about SS - they just can't wait to tell you how ill you're going to get, lol! :rolleyes:)

hi there,
well I am on day 7 of the cambridge diet SS+ so I do 3 shakes and 3oz meat, so I can sit and eat w/ the family, I lost 7 lbs, so I guess I am doing good, I get headakes, I been tired today, and I am grouchy bc I have to cook for my large family and smell it and that makes me crazzy some times, it triggers my sences, want to eat, but im ok,,, any way I would love a diet buddy, so if you are interested in chatting and supporting each other, I am here, plz, email me,

:wave_cry:
hi there,
well I am on day 7 of the cambridge diet SS+ so I do 3 shakes and 3oz meat, so I can sit and eat w/ the family, I lost 7 lbs, so I guess I am doing good, I get headakes, I been tired today, and I am grouchy bc I have to cook for my large family and smell it and that makes me crazzy some times, it triggers my sences, want to eat, but im ok,,, any way I would love a diet buddy, so if you are interested in chatting and supporting each other, I am here, plz, email me,

Hi,

I'm fascinated by the well documented alleged health benefits of fasting.
Surely SS or SS+ can give similar results?
Hope so, as I'm on week 4 of SS+ and feeling well, just like I did on a fast a few years back.

Just a thought!

Yes, you can use SS or SS+ in conjunction with IFing (intermittent fasting), though it's probably best to make your eating window at about 5 hours.

Some people who take the shakes too close together find they come out of ketosis. With SS and SS+ being a VLCD, it's probably easier to stay in ketosis to reduce hunger.

Of course, you must still have all your shakes within the 24 hour period.

Last edited:
Back