Fat birds can't fly

So I had a massive set back this weekend,
:-/
I ate far too much,
I felt lethargic, rubbish, and generally down in the dumps because of it,
I like slimming world I love it infact but because I have PCOS it's not the best for me,
I decided to research best possible diet and I bought a juicer yesterday,
I'm gonna try paleo again, coupled with juicing,
High proteins, no sugar, no carbs, no dairy
I need to start repairing the damage to my body, I want kids soon after I get married and at the moment I'm no where close,
What I will do, is post pictures of my 'meals' basically everything is green haha!

I'll be living off high protein foods such as chicken, turkey, which I'll buy from the butchers, I can't have supermarket bought products, apparently they contain lots of nasty chemicals, ?
Organic fruit and veg, that I'll start buying from the greengrocers, in large quantities,
Quinoa, ginger,

So, this is what I'm faced with this morning.. I'm gonna make a ginger tea and juice some greens, Urgh lol god help me! I've been reading over the paleo books, and lots of good recipes in them,
It's just when it comes to weekends, I'm worried my friends will be just like 'oh go on let's just have this take away' and I just need to learn to say, well actually no,
This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle choice if I want to 'cure' my PCOS, everything I am eating now, including the things on the slimming world are bad for my condition, and I can feel it!
It's time I start telling people about what I have, because it is actually quite serious if I carry on with my old life :-/
I don't want to end up with diabetes, and an amputated leg all because I caved in and ate the pick and mix

Attachments

• image-147781486.jpg
    image-147781486.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 50
Mmmmm yum,
Green vomit looking substance haha

Attachments

• image-953134103.jpg
    image-953134103.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 41
Yeah :)
I am !
I'm experimenting, but I feel quite timid lol

'Can I have that, is that ok' haha

I do not like beetroot!

Ok guys
So day 1 as follows

I'm doing paleo, but I'm also counting my cals to keep me in check

Breakfast
Cucumber
Kale
Spinach
Lemon
Two apples

I juiced this and it was quite nice

209 calories

Mid morning snack
Some beef from the night before
127 calories

Dinner
Kale 66
Coconut oil 1 tsp 42
I fried the kale in coconut and added a pinch of salt
Not the best dinner but it was crispy seaweed :)

Handful of nuts 215 cals

Tea
Steak 242
Mushrooms 15
Butter 34
Garlic 4
Rapeseed oil 119

Snacks
Homemade paleo bounty bar
Coconut oil
Shredded coconut
85% dark chocolate
101 calories

1180 calories altogether

Boom

I really have problems with juicing and gave my juicer away - I hate to see all the fibre going in the bin :eek: I blend everything very finely now so I eat it all or make soup with the greens.
I can't stand cooked beetroot but I do like it raw grated into salad - same with carrots - cooked, they both have a strange texture.

Quote - "I like slimming world I love it infact but because I have PCOS it's not the best for me" - when I was on the SW boards before I came back to calorie counting, there was a girl on there who did SW because she had PCOS and lost the weight and became pregnant. Will have a look where her diary is.

Yeah,
But it's not just about losing the weight,
It's about reducing my risk of diabetes, and turning some of the side effects of PCOS on it's head,

PCOS means you become insulin resistant,
It's not processed properly and your body produces too much testosterone, which in turn doesn't release an egg from your ovary and it become a cyst,

Losing weight will work, but long term, expelling sugar, carbs and dairy from the diet will really help with PCOS symptom,
You could get pregnant while your lost weight, but the symptoms may still be present, and that highers the risk of a miscarriage,

I think I'm just gonna juice once or twice per day, I didn't really like the taste, as I'm not allowed a lot of fruits because of their sugar content,
I'm eating alongside juicing, and I might use the pulp to make some sort of a soup,

:)

I made cake out of it until I could not eat any more of it :D

As a veggie I eat lots of greens (and other veg) and found Kale and Brussels quite bitter when they were juiced unless I added lots of carrots but like them in soup or stews.
Do you drink things like Almond Milk and eat soy yogurts?

Never tried almond milk, I've tried soy milk and I'm really not keen haha I've just made these

Ham in a muffin tray then an egg on top and baked
Yum :)

X

Attachments

• image-3231500452.jpg
    image-3231500452.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 57
Ok guys So day 1 as follows I'm doing paleo, but I'm also counting my cals to keep me in check Breakfast Cucumber Kale Spinach Lemon Two apples I juiced this and it was quite nice 209 calories Mid morning snack Some beef from the night before 127 calories Dinner Kale 66 Coconut oil 1 tsp 42 I fried the kale in coconut and added a pinch of salt Not the best dinner but it was crispy seaweed :) Handful of nuts 215 cals Tea Steak 242 Mushrooms 15 Butter 34 Garlic 4 Rapeseed oil 119 Snacks Homemade paleo bounty bar Coconut oil Shredded coconut 85% dark chocolate 101 calories 1180 calories altogether Boom

Wow great day well done you x

All the different milks have come along way since the days of Soya Milk tasting like chalky water - some brands are really nice. Almond, Rice and Coconut milk are now quite tasty and you can get them sweetened or unsweetened.

I might just have to try them when I next go shopping I'll be sure to pick some up :)

Today's food as follows

Breakfast
2 large eggs
Ham

350 cals

Dinner
Sweet potato and houmous

256 cals

Tea
Lean mince
Egg
Onion
Chillie
Rapeseed oil
Mushroom
Passata

I made like burgers and put them in the oven along with passata sauce with herbs spices salt pepper then put it with some watercress and lettuce

Snacks
Paleo rhubarb crumble
Rhubarb
Apples
Stevia
Various spices
Coconut desiccated
Chickpeas

100 cals per serving
789 in the whole thing

Nuts raisins mix

1251 cals

51 over

Not bad
Cooked up some decent foods today too x

I really like soya milk, more than I like normal milk - I find it quite sweet! My favourite one is the chocolate one that is lurrrvly.

I am not a big eggs fan but your hammy egg things look yummy!

Oh my gosh!!!

Just watched don't tell the bride from last night,
That groom was an utter jackass!!

X

Back