Fat March USA

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by DQ, 2 January 2009 Social URL.

1. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

On More4 now - not seen it before, but quite interesting! :cool: Gonna see when it's properly on...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Ok, it's on More4 tomorrow at 2.30 and 3.30, then obviously More4 +1 at 3.30 and 4.30.

Basically a group of fat Americans are walking from the start line of the Boston Marathon, over 550 miles to Washington DC. Prize money of 1.2 m for whoever loses the most weight, and gets to stay in instead of being voted out :cool:

They are taught nutrition as they go along, and do challenges, etc. Very Biggest Loser :)

4. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Seen some of it before - interesting concept but seems a bit risky to me. Some of them are very heavy and you would think the sudden and dramatic nature of the walk would be a real strain on their hearts and joints. Still, very interesting prog all the same!

5. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i saw that. ppl get voted off every week, which i thought was kinda mean, cos it kinda means that ur giving up on them loosing weight...

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

But the experience is invaluable, and they can take what they have learnt and lose more weight at home.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.